Static object limit?

Lt. Scribbles

I edited my mission file and think i am at somekind of limit. When i start my server. On my desktop everything is fine, i can see every object on the F10 map and in the game itself. When other people connect, including myself from another machine. I cant see any of the static planes or tents ive put in. Not on the F10 map nor in game... as can my friends or players.

This is in the Persian Gulf map.

Thanks.

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.

Did you use additional mods for the tents? Planes it depends if you previously had them as a client for ai if I understand the problem correctly

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hi Scribbles.

What version of DCS are you running? There was an issue very early in the 2.5 release where static objects were invisible to clients in multiplayer, but was resolved some time ago.

@BC Whether or not a plane has been used already affects whether you'll experience that little lag hit when the plane first appears, but this is only related to the model loading into the game for the first time. It should not affect whether a player is able to see the aircraft.

I have a TON of static objects in many of my missions and haven't noticed any problems with this recently; but my squadron also ran a night op this weekend so it is possible I wouldn't have noticed.

Regarding the F10 map, whether or not you see icons is related to the server's settings. If you want to post your .miz I can take a look on my group's dedicated server and see if the issue is present for me.

Thanks for clearing that up I was question once if I had used it as a client plane before so I switched everything to ai for testing purposes then will individually switch them to client as needed I’m still looking in to making unused planes to ai down the road

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I have the latest build, but to explain correctly. I edit the mission on my notebook, test fly it to see if everything is there and it is. Then i go to teamviewer to transfer the mission file to my desktop (which is at home because i am nearly always away for work). Transfer it, set up the server and join in on my notebook. Then for some reason, all the static planes "kc-130,135, E-3, hornet, F-15E aswell as helicopters and army tents. Dont seem to be visible in the game or the F10 map. Then when i go to Teamviewer again to check if they are there on the server. And they are. In game and in F-10 map! Before the last edit everything was there. I just added a ton of road blocks which are still visible, and a load of tents which are not (on client side). Aswell as static planes and heli's just not there.

Cheers

RIG SPECS:

-Win 10 professional

-i5 8600k @5.0GHz

-ASUS Maximus X Code

-Samsung 960 Evo 256GB M2 SSD

-Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M2 SSD

-32GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz

-Asus Strix 1080 Ti 11G

-LG 34UM68-P Monitor

Notebook:

-Win10

- 2018 ASUS ROG GL703gs-E5011T

(i7-8570H, 16GB DDR4, 256GB M2 SSD,GTX1070 8GB.