Potentiometer and Leobodnar BU0836X - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
Blbo

Default Potentiometer and Leobodnar BU0836X

Hi,

I try to find some answers on the forum but nothing clear.

Here is my problem: i bought Leobodnar BU0836X, all is fine with push buttons, but when i try to use pot i don't know how to set DCS world controller other than axis.

For example, i use M2000 on DCS, i'm able to set emergency throttle, but when i try to set all potentiometers of the lights panel i can't find how to do. There is 2 separate commands, one for increase and one for decrease, bindable on push buttons.

Someone know how to do this tricks?

thx for help
Blbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
Lensman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blbo View Post
Hi,

I try to find some answers on the forum but nothing clear.

Here is my problem: i bought Leobodnar BU0836X, all is fine with push buttons, but when i try to use pot i don't know how to set DCS world controller other than axis.

For example, i use M2000 on DCS, i'm able to set emergency throttle, but when i try to set all potentiometers of the lights panel i can't find how to do. There is 2 separate commands, one for increase and one for decrease, bindable on push buttons.

Someone know how to do this tricks?

thx for help
I'm not familiar with the DCS module you are using but it sounds like you need to use a rotary encoder. They work easily with the Bodnar board.
16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.
SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
Windows 10 Professional
Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #3
Blbo

Thx for answer, i already try rotary encoder, with leobodnar software, but on DCS, rotary work like 2 push buttons, one when you turn left and one when you turn right, in application with lights panel, it result in Light/No Light :-/
Old 06-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #4
mr_mojo97

I certainly was able to use pots for lights/ volumes, buttons for switches and buttons and encoders for analogue axis like radios without issue for my A-10C pit with a Bodnar X board.

Have you tried in Control settings or windows game controller to see if they are working? Or are you not looking in the Axis settings in Control Settings maybe (should be the first on the list)?
MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (DCS and OS) | 250Gb HDD | 24Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | JetSeat | Oculus Rift CV1 | Windows 10 | VA |

Last edited by mr_mojo97; 06-21-2018 at 03:59 PM.
mr_mojo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #5
Blbo

I did some tests:

With rotary encoder --> if DCS command is design for rotary, all is fine, example:

we can see, both commands are config to increase/decrease value

and now for lights panel:

it's like max, middle, min or nothing (each one need a shortkey), won't work like pot who gradually increase/drecrease value

I verified my X board's control setting and works good. Pot work fine too, i just can't setup in DCS commands (only work with axis command)

Last edited by Blbo; 06-21-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:49 PM   #6
flyco

This device accepts 8 potentiometers. Thre are eight sets of 3-pin connectors. The two ends go to the extreme ends of the pot and the centre to the slider.

If I remember correctly they are all labelled. All of the other pins are numbered 1 to 32.

Let me know if you need any more, and I will unearth one from my set-up and send a photograph.
flyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:55 PM   #7
Seb71

A potentiometer is an axis.

If you want buttons, use push buttons, toggle switches or encoders.
Seb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #8
Blbo

My pot work correctly on windows game controller, like Seb said, pot is an axis and that's why i'm not able to use lights panel with it.
In DCS commands, lights are not design for pot, like i said earlier, lights commands are MAX MIDDLE MIN or OFF,

BUT, in game, in the M2000 cockpit, the lights panel is composed of several potentiometers. That's the problem and cant find a solution, maybe editing .lua?

Last edited by Blbo; 06-21-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:40 PM   #9
Brewnix

Quote:
My pot work correctly on windows game controller, like Seb said, pot is an axis and that's why i'm not able to use lights panel with it.
In DCS commands, lights are not design for pot, like i said earlier, lights commands are MAX MIDDLE MIN or OFF,

BUT, in game, in the M2000 cockpit, the lights panel is composed of several potentiometers. That's the problem and cant find a solution, maybe editing .lua?

Hi I was wondering on the Leobodnar BU0836X is there a way to adjust the amount of time the encoder fires.
Example I built a radio panel with 6 encoders with MMJoy to be able to change the freq on the a10c radios I placed 6 encoders with 20 detents for one full revolution of the encoder. Every click was one button press. So to change freq on radio I had to adjust the millseconds for one click for one number on the radio. At first the it fired too fast at around 30 milliseconds it took 2 or 3 clicks to move one number then i adjusted it to 100 milliseconds and it held the button to long it rotated the radio to many numbers with one click. It might be timing on the encoder. I have never used Leobodnar BU0836X boards just a thoguht.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #10
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
and now for lights panel:

it's like max, middle, min or nothing (each one need a shortkey), won't work like pot who gradually increase/drecrease value
For this case better use a multi position rotary switch, each position wired in one button input in Bodnar board. E.g.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/...RoClokQAvD_BwE

Can use a potentiomter (analog axis) but need use a soft for convert this axis in bands and then assign key press for each band - because the plane controls options in DCS don't support axis for this commands (lights). Try with Joystick Gremlin.

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 06-21-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote