RealSimulator F-16SG-HOM & F/A-18 Joysticks - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-17-2018, 01:06 AM   #11
crab

It appears Virpil is finally getting their production spun up so I'm likely to go that way as much for lack of throttle options than anything else. Probably go with the stick as well since they claim they will have multiple software modes for the works down the road and it will be backwards compatible. That would mitigate the lack of controls on the stick making it more viable. I'd actually prefer something else otherwise but no one really makes what I would want; something the likes of the X56 but of high quality and without the ergo blunders.
crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:15 AM   #12
Gman109

I looked into this company a bit earlier this year. I typically buy all new sim hotas stuff anyway, so long at it's under $1000 per unit - I can't recall what the prices where on this stuff, but IIRC it was still under this, so I'll probably be in.

I do have one of the Saitek X65 hotas in my collection, and the force sensing system works better than I thought it would. More than well enough to play, especially less competitive single player experience stuff, although I did find that in multi/PVP competitive stuff like Aces high that I fly, it was a bit less than ideal. Perhaps this company will have more spun up tech than Saitek did with their brief and, IMO failed attempt, and bringing force sensing hotas to the masses. I'll stay tuned, for sure.

Primay DCS Systems (3): i9 9900k@5.0/2 2080tiNVlink/970Pro SSD/Asus PG27uq 4k@144hz/AlienWare 34" 2k@120hz/T50 Mon"geese"(2), VKB GF2Revb(2)Tm Warthog(many)VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Pedals/Virpil Throttle/CH Fighterstick/Throttle/peds

VR- Odysseyx2, Odyssey+x1
Gman109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:35 AM   #13
M1Combat

How does force sensing tech fall down in comp play?

Nvidia GTX970 (HTC Vive)
MSI Z77 MPower
Core i5-3570K
24GB G-Skill Trident-X

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
(UCR - mapping throttle and clutch pedals together to form a rudder Axis)
GamesCom/Plantronics 780 USB Headset
M1Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:01 AM   #14
OxideMako

The F-16SG-HOM is Warthog compatible right?

Last edited by OxideMako; 06-17-2018 at 05:05 AM.
OxideMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #15
Sajarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxideMako View Post
It use the FSSB R3 Lightning base, so yes. In fact, for Warthog users, they can buy the R3 Lightning base, which is available since 2015.

Now they are developing the F-16 grip.
Sajarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #16
Ranma13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxideMako View Post
This question can be viewed in two ways. If you're asking whether the RealSimulator F16 grip can be put onto a base like the TM Warthog base or the Virpil base, then the answer is most likely no. You will be able to physically mount it, but the RealSimulator grip has a ton more buttons:

Every control on the joystick is a 5-way switch. Unless the base can handle it or there's a fallback mode in the joystick, the base won't be able to communicate with the joystick properly.

If you're asking whether the RealSimulator FSSB base is compatible with the Warthog stick, then the answer is yes.
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:39 PM   #17
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by crab View Post
... Virpil .... Probably go with the stick as well since they claim they will have multiple software modes for the works down the road and it will be backwards compatible.
Joystick Gremlin

- Arbitrary number of modes with inheritance and customizable mode switching
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #18
horus-DCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma13 View Post
This question can be viewed in two ways. If you're asking whether the RealSimulator F16 grip can be put onto a base like the TM Warthog base or the Virpil base, then the answer is most likely no. You will be able to physically mount it, but the RealSimulator grip has a ton more buttons:

Every control on the joystick is a 5-way switch. Unless the base can handle it or there's a fallback mode in the joystick, the base won't be able to communicate with the joystick properly.

If you're asking whether the RealSimulator FSSB base is compatible with the Warthog stick, then the answer is yes.

IIRC the new grip works like a standard cougar/warthog grip with those each bases. Full support(like additional 5-way hats) is only for R3 base.

It may be changed when it actually comes out, so be sure to check the compatiblity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
horus-DCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:51 PM   #19
Ranma13

I haven't seen any info regarding backwards compatibility with the Warthog/Virpil base, but I'd be surprised if it did support those bases. At the price point that this stick will sell at (likely >$300), there's really no point in buying one to use with the Warthog/Virpil base, since you can't take advantage of the extra buttons or the extra features that it has, and the MongoosT-50 and TM stick are at much lower price points for the same functionality. Maybe it's something that's super easy to implement and will be added in as a "sure why not" feature, but unless someone is looking for an eventual upgrade path to the FSSB R3 base, I don't see an advantage of purchasing this stick over the other 2.

Last edited by Ranma13; 06-20-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Ranma13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-16 grip, hotas, joystick, realsimulator