Wags Hornet Stick - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 05:30 AM   #61
mhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniron View Post
The VKB adapter goes inside the Warthog grip, replacing the stock threaded interface.
There is a small possibility that it will not fit the F/A-18 grip or that there is no room for the electronics board.

Good to know, another reason why I feel I have made the right choice when getting a VPC T-50 base. No adapter needed, highly recommended.

Thanks for showing these pics, I didn't know what the adapter looks like, I have to say I didn't expect it to be this cumbersome.

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
mhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #62
Goa

Sorry if I missed it, will the F18 grip will be sold separetely without the base so we can swap the A10c stick with an F18 without needing to buy the whole joystick?
any idea of the price?
  • CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+ 500GB Samsung 850 evo / GPU:Asus geforce strix O.C 1080TI / Monitor: Asus PG278QR 144HZ / Trackir 5 proclip/ TM Warthdog Hotas /TM TFFRP rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black
Goa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:45 AM   #63
aniron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhe View Post
Good to know, another reason why I feel I have made the right choice when getting a VPC T-50 base. No adapter needed, highly recommended.

Thanks for showing these pics, I didn't know what the adapter looks like, I have to say I didn't expect it to be this cumbersome.
To be fair, it's not cumbersome. It went in very smoothly and it functions much better than the TM screw-on mechanical interface.

With this interface it's not out of the question to simply swap back and forth between grips according to which plane you want to fly.
I would never consider that with the Warthog.
aniron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #64
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa View Post
Sorry if I missed it, will the F18 grip will be sold separetely without the base so we can swap the A10c stick with an F18 without needing to buy the whole joystick?
any idea of the price?
Both questions not officially answered by Tm, but is suggest that this F-18 grip will be available standalone - as add-on for Warthog/Cougar and consequently for VPC/BRD and probable VKB bases.

Comment on Reddit:

"... (Tm) 2020 Hotas will be totally new, this is a new (F-18 ) grip for the Warthog Hotas.
They (Tm) said that before amazon was as big, brick and mortar stores weren't too hot on stocking different grips for a niche genre so they didn't make any, even though (Warthog base) it was designed to accept them."

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 06-13-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:59 AM   #65
TomOnSteam

$500 or so, for pedals yikes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc7AUcmNoBQ

If they work well for helicopters too, then I can see it being worthwhile, however that is a bit too much just for taxi'ing the hornet
Old 06-17-2018, 01:12 AM   #66
Gman109

Wags, I'm sure you're concerned that the Hornet stick may not be working quite perfectly, if you send it to me, I'll give it my opinion and help you out bro. You can even pay the shipping both ways for me helping you out...

2 sys- 8700k/1080ti SLI/ z370/32GB RGB 3200/eVGA 1300PSU/Raid0 960 pros/2x1Tb Evo SSDs/W.D. 4gb Black/ROG 27" 144hz 4k PG27UQ
1 sys - 6850/Titan XP/Strix x99/32GB Gskill/eVGA 1300psu/950m.2/2x1TB Evo SSD/W.D. 4gb Blk/Rog Swift 34" 100hz LCD Gsync
Primary HOTAS:
1 VKB Gfighter MCG Pro, 1 Gfighter MCG, 1 Mk1 Gfighter/MCG, Virpil T50 (x2), TM Warthogs (x3), TM Cougar, CH Fighter/Combat, Saitek X65/X55, VKB peds, Slaw 109 peds, MFG Xwinds, CH peds, Saitek Cbt peds

VR- Odysseyx3
Gman109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:18 PM   #67
gavagai

Tired of previews, trailers, teasers...
Old 06-17-2018, 08:46 PM   #68
Joe Lighty

I think that Thrustmaster has really missed the boat on this occasion - I mean, how long since the Warthog release, how long since DCS FA18 was first talked about - they've had ages to get a "simple" stick organised and to miss the (long coming) release of DCS FA18 is pretty pathetic. Their whole "Summer of Flight" theme, or whatever it was, is a missed opportunity for them by failing to have something, anything (even basic details!!) ready for imminent release. They've banged on about the "inter-changeability" of their flight sticks for years, and the ONLY options are the Cougar Flight Stick and the Warthog Flight Stick - so many other options for them - the EASIEST being the FA18 stick - and they've missed it...
That's my 2 cents worth...
Joe Lighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:51 AM   #69
hansangb
Veteran

Although FA18 hasn't gone GA yet. And probably not for a while. So *technically* TM hasn't missed the "official GA release" of FA18. All (most?) of us just jumped on the early release. Also, there is a danger in that TM WH does have all the buttons that can map as if it were an FA18 stick. It's really a cosmetic/immersion issue than functionality. So I'm sure they had to do some analysis there. TBH, I thought they would make a matching throttle.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:27 AM   #70
crab

I've never seen any data on who prefers more (and more useful) buttons over having a replica stick in hand but of those few virtual pilots I know in the real world the answer is 100% for more (and more useful) buttons. That same small sub sample of virtual pilots when bench racing this question were unanimous in the thought that doing more on the HOTAS was better overall for immersion than having the replica stick but going to the keyboard more often. It's interesting to me that there seems to be a larger percentage here who feel that the replica is far and away a better option. I'm not saying there is a right answer just that I find it interesting that more people on this forum seem to prefer the replica over a more feature rich controller. Perhaps they're just more vocal... *shrugs shoulders*
However that may be I feel the same as some others have posted above, their stuff is getting long in the tooth and I was hoping for an updated HOTAS with contactless sensors and so on, not a yesterdays tech add-on for an existing product that is ancient in gaming dog years.
crab is offline   Reply With Quote