Meet and Greet

~S~ All!

I'm gumball360.

You'll normally find me in the skies of IL-2 1946, but I couldn't pass up the most detailed and beautiful flight sim on the market! I also have Lock On, but it bored me enough that I eventually stopped playing. Black Shark hasn't bored me yet. I'm still going through the training missions, but I can already almost start up the heli myself (with the help of a checklist I wrote down).

Black Shark even inspired me to invest a little more money into my PC. Just yesterday I ordered two 1 GB Corsair RAM cards to replace the 512 MB card I have now. After this upgrade, my PC will officially meet minimum requirements. Huzzah!

Hope to get to know you guys better in the coming weeks. :thumbup:

hello M4TE:thumbup:

Checking out the sim still playing IL2 1946.

Regards

David aka ebz7350 (M4T):pilotfly:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ROCAVeterans

ESET Smart Security 4

Protected by www.spamjab.com{akR48n6Qaf8n8lLL68}

Hello fellow Captains!

The name is Tikkietegek, which is quite difficult to understand for the english spealing pilots (which is the biggest part, but anyway) because it is dutch (just like yours truly)

I am relatively new to serious flight sims, but it is a perfect way of combineing my personal interests in aviation and computer games.

So after buying the game i also bought an X52 Flight stick and took off!!!

Of course, this is sarcastic, because a proper take off will take me some time to acomplish :P but i'm having a lot of fun trying! :)

Anyway! I have taken the liberty to promote myself from forum lurker to junior member, and hope to learn a lot about the game, and connect to other, hopefully more expierienced, pilots!

Happy landings!

-Tikkietegek

• 3 weeks later...

Newbie from San Diego Ca. usa

Hi, I just went out today and bought the bitch'n Sim...I'm new here but not new to sim's or to flying. I use to fly privately fixed wing,aerobatics in a super decathalon and some rotor time, mostly in Hughs 300 and small amounts in Bell Jet Ranger. Now when it comes to this sim it's a new ball game But I love the realizm of this sim and I hope it doesnt take me to long to get it down since I know nothing of this military ship! This looks like a great forum and I know I'll be here quite a bit. BTW just wondering I have a x52 pro system and have flown helicopters I was wondering about the collective controls? do you sim guys reverse the throttle so when you pull back on throttle in increases collective or push forward for more collective? I would think it would simulate a helicopter more by pulling back on throttle to increase collective. Thanks for your help and its great to be here!

Take care

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://WWW.VFA-113.COM

Win 8.1 i5-3570 3.4ghz-Trackir5-TM Warthog - Pro-Saitek Combat Rudders-Viso 43" 4k"

Newbie from ARG

Hello everybody!

My name is Damian and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I am 33 years old and I recently decided to join this great site, though I've been reading some time ago.

At the moment I'm not playing any flight simulator but I'm about to acquire some. I like aviation, especially military aircraft. I also like the planes of the Second World War, mainly those of the Luftwaffe.:pilotfly:

In case anyone wondering, the acronym JG54 is because I am a big fan of that Jagdgeschwader. One of the best squadron ever, but that just my opinion.;)

Ok, that's all for now.

Greetings!

Damian JG54 K.

[sIGPIC]HanesTrautloftGeschwadercommodor-2.jpg[/sIGPIC]

DamianJG54K.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, fellow simmers! My name is Ryan and I live in New England, USA. I've had Black Shark for about a year now and have been reading the forums for a similar amount of time. However, I really haven't felt compelled to post on any thread. Since I'm planning on building a simpit of the A-10C, I figured I'd introduce myself before I have any serious questions! Anyway, see you in the virtual skies!:):pilotfly:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

• 2 months later...

hi I'm Martin and I'm nolife maniac =)

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

• 1 month later...

Hi - I've had BS for a year I think. Couldn't fly for a crap with a PS2 JoyPad so I didn't play much at all.

Built my own rig

- designed for car racing but Handbrake works really good as a collective. Added a new JoyStick Cyclic, rudder pedals came with car. Took me weeks to figure out how to fly and even just using the gun took me a while to figure out, yes I couldn't figure it out for 12 months how to fire the damn gun... haha.

This sim is epic. Last heli sim I played was LHX Attack Chopper.

I figured out how to use my headtracking as the gun turret and I'm starting to actually hit things now.

in case you want to laugh at a noob after the first time I got the gun + helmet sight to work. After this run I was almost shaking with glee.:D

Oh yeh I use HeadMouse for head movement. Pretty good software for free and no web cam mod nor IR LEDs are needed.

Sorry vid quality is so bad. I have no proper software to record and edit vids nor a proper video cam.

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Hello everyone! I'm Xman - living in Arizona, USA.

Been playing DCS: Black Shark for a few days and loving it, although I crash seemingly every 2 minutes. I do, however, have the ability to fly in a controlled hover :pilotfly:

Downloading Lock On now. I'm filled with questions, but for now I just want everyone to know these forums are part of the reason I invested in this series - what a friendly, welcoming, and diverse community!

• 1 month later...

Welcome guys, Hope you enjoy DCS. And you are right! These forums are great! They will answer all your questions. Except for mine.... COUGH COUGH mission editor thread COUGH COUGH...;)

Go ahead, Make it idiot proof, someone will just find better idiots...;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, im new here so figured id better say hello. Im a huge flight sim fan and while i spend most of my time on FSX with various after market fast jets (Iris F-16, Aerosoft F-16, Skysim Hawk etc) I also enjoy Falcon 4 and lock on... i keep meaning to buy flaming cliffs 2! im also very much looking forward to DCS: A-10 as im sure everybody is! as you can probably tell, im quite the F-16 fan :) Anyway, hello all, my name is Matt.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hello, Matt/Python! Welcome to the community! You say you have jets in FSX. Is one of them in LotusSim L-39?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

Hello, Matt/Python! Welcome to the community! You say you have jets in FSX. Is one of them in LotusSim L-39?

Thank you, nice to be here and indeed It is yes, i like that jet alot, very well designed and fly's like a dream... As for FSX, i seem to spend most of my time of late trying to perfect my formation flying using FSrecorder, one day il get to the point where i will have a 9 ship skysim hawk formation im sure... haha, maybe not i think but a man can dream ;)

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'm looking to get some people together and practice formation flying. I don't know any details about when, but would you be interested in flying with me? I'm in Eastern Time, so that might be a little bit of a problem.

-Robert Goddard

Neither have I. I'll be starting a thread in the Multiplayer section when I get a chance.

-Robert Goddard

Hi I'm Russ, and my job has nothing to do with aviation (savings accounts more like)

Well I used to play F14 Fleet Defender back on my 486. Since then until recently I'd only tried the awful Navy Strike and failed to get into Novalogic's sims.

A couple months ago, I just thought "I want to play sims again" so I went out and bought Lock On Gold (second hand, sorry), Falcon 4.0 AF, FSX Gold, IL2 1946, Black Shark & Flaming Cliffs 2. Yeah, it seems I kinda went all out.

I couldn't even take off on IL2, so I went and bought an X52.

My laptop isn't good enough to play FC2 or Black Shark when enemies are around, so now I'm planning to pick up a TrackIR, then build myself a PC that can do Black Shark & FC2 (and hopefully DCS A10) justice.

Have to say sim communities seem to be great.

Edit: It also seems I have a lot to learn in all of these sims. Trying to use the A10 in Flaming cliffs and keep dying on second mision; also can't remember how to activate ILS, but have great fun with it nonetheless.

Also, that headmouse thing seems cool until I can get my hands on that TrackIR.

Edited by Rusty_M

Hi, i'm Andie and i have been in and out of flight sims for many years and while i was, i never really got very good :cry:. Last weekend i was lucky enough to go to RAF Fairfield and saw the Raptor giving its debut in the Uk,,,wow,,,, and once again my sims were back on my pc.

I just happened to look for aerobatic displays on youtube and discovered the brilliant virtual display teams and that they are using lockon to fly with, even better i had already got lockon and quickly downloaded 1.2 and then FC2.

Great forum by the way and ive learnt so much here already, Thx.

Hi all,

Just downloaded Blackshark yesterday. Looks like I've got a lot to learn to make the best use of it. I've had several versions of MSFS over the years and had Top Gun but it's too old and doesn't work on newer machines. I also use Ship Sim and for a short time tried MS Train Sim. A couple of my grandsons use my FSX and Ship Sim so I'm sure they'll get into Blackshark too.

Regards, Russ

Hi guys. Welcome to the forum.

Andie - Lucky you! Not much in the way of decent airshows here in Australia. 1 or 2 worth going to, but that's it :(. Farnborough looks spectacular. My neighbour goes to the UK regularly and is an aviation buff. He has brought back heaps of photos - lucky sod! lol!

Again, welcome!

Rectum non bustus

Oh and saw the Vulcan and euro fighter flying too :) Actually went to Farnborough in the mid 70's when i was serving in the army.Its a civil and military mixed show and a must see if your ever over here. RAF fairfiels is i think the biggest military airshow in europe..Hey Leatherneck, i wished i had rode my bike there as it took 2 hours to get into the carpark and 2 hours to get out ,,,grrrrr :)

Hey all I was new to DCS black shark when it came out but due to very very bad issues mapping my controls I ditched the game.... I have since got a new machine and I am about to start all over again, as when I did have the game working - even though only for an hour or so, I thought it was excellent.

Is there anyone in the UK/Europe who regularly plays and wouldn't mind hooking up on ventrilo or something so I have someone to talk to and learn from whilst I try to pick the game up again?

Drop me a PM on here.. thanks :)