[NOT A BUG][MERGED] HUD COMBINER COATING

FistofZen

I don't think that tint would effect night light levels at all, seeing as the HUD generally looks much better when its dark anyways. As I have said, Wags and the SME's have worked hard to tune the look of the HUD, including the glass.

I was referring to looking through the hud onto the ground. Wouldn't want the glass to be tinted when landing on the deck at night.

Night-landing.jpg

The entire reason we reduce the brightness on the HUD at night is to be able to see through it still.

I use them every day as well, and the product so far does look great, just a note for down the line revisiting from another dude that can't live without the hud anymore.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see when it comes out. Gotta admit that if the only thing we are concerned about is the tint of the hud then so far so good on this early release... for the record I also thought it was a bit dark based on the videos released ;)

• 3 weeks later...

[NO BUG] DARK HUD

Saw the thread on the "dark HUD" was closed and call "Not a BUG", well I tend to disagree with that! AG Targets and the CV are very hard to see, it at all. Att'e are examples!

Need to clear it up a bit!!!!

dcs1.jpg.28b052f29632ec553a1ccdffdcba5b2d.jpg

2071903694_dcscv.thumb.jpg.e8aff96055efe620246ddd50c41b4ccc.jpg

fa18HUD.jpg.6fd8cc99caa6dab79dc94fdad8c2953d.jpg

Agree with your comment.

You can change the HUD color and darkness by yourself. By changing the texture files in PS.

I have already changed mine for self use. But I don't know whether it is proper/legal to do so if I share modified textures.

I don't think that tint would effect night light levels at all, seeing as the HUD generally looks much better when its dark anyways. As I have said, Wags and the SME's have worked hard to tune the look of the HUD, including the glass.

With the out-of-the-box HUD I can't even see ground targets with bright daylight! Same problem as with the Bf-109 and FW-190. That may be due to my rig properties or due to my eyes, but there are many more simmers having the same problem. Fortunately, somebody posted two files on another thread to the same subject, and they give me the same visibility as in the A-10C.

And, please don't take it personal, but I'm tired of reading people saying that there is no problem!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The hud is too dark. Needs to be 50% lighter. Mods won't due on integrity check servers.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Still done see it as an issue, from what I have seen in the sim, and even some preview vids that have started to surface, the tint doesnt effect night visibility at all.

If its correct or not is one thing, but this is certainly not true. Try a night with little or no moon trying to line up a ccip target for example.

Edited by Shadow.D.

The hud is too dark. Needs to be 50% lighter. Mods won't due on integrity check servers.

In this case, the HUD tint mod posted somewhere in another thread passes IC. I that mod the HUD is still tinted but less so, making it much nicer to use.

All I can say is that there are SME's looking at this all the time, and this is one of the things they tuned. I am not going to argue with Hornet pilots.

We’re kinda asking you to. Photos from real HUDs and in game do not match at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re kinda asking you to. Photos from real HUDs and in game do not match at this time.

The violet-y tint seems to agree pretty much with the videos/images, but I think IMO the the light going through the HUD is reduced a little too much that it is in reality, it's not that obvious until you do a mission with various scenery in front of the HUD to take note of it.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

The violet-y tint seems to agree pretty much with the videos/images, but I think IMO the the light going through the HUD is reduced a little too much that it is in reality, it's not that obvious until you do a mission with various scenery in front of the HUD to take note of it.

Zacccleee

I posed the complain to 2 Hornet drivers last night and both said “How it is currently modeled looks fine to me.”

I think people should relax on the subject and let the devs focus on more important things. If you’re under the impression that the real Hornet drivers have given poor advice/input to the devs based on some odd POV YouYube videos you’ve watched, install the mod and be done with it.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I posed the complain to 2 Hornet drivers last night and both said “How it is currently modeled looks fine to me.”

I think people should relax on the subject and let the devs focus on more important things. If you’re under the impression that the real Hornet drivers have given poor advice/input to the devs based on some odd POV YouYube videos you’ve watched, install the mod and be done with it.

Exactly what I did.

and? they fly the real jet and not a simulated version. Without ever having flyown the simulated one you cant tell if its "fine" or not. Also depending on the angle of the sun, it changes quite dramaticly, and without further enlightemnet on what you showed them your statement has zero value. Just saying "real pilots say x" does not cut it.

also, no Hornet Pilot i every spoke to said it was fine.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

and? they fly the real jet and not a simulated version. Without ever having flyown the simulated one you cant tell if its "fine" or not. Also depending on the angle of the sun, it changes quite dramaticly, and without further enlightemnet on what you showed them your statement has zero value. Just saying "real pilots say x" does not cut it.

also, no Hornet Pilot i every spoke to said it was fine.

...they both fly the DCS version.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

then why dont they post themselves ;)

anyway personaly i could care less, its about able to play the game, and if i cant spot something that is directly infront of me then something is clearly wrong.

on the other hand, why dont you save your textures as they are now and then after ED changed the hud to something reasonable, mod it back to the abysmal state its in?

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

HUD is tinted too much?

then why dont they post themselves ;)

Because they couldn’t give a crap less about a bunch of armchair pilots complaining about things they know next to nothing about, for starters.

FWIW I think it looks darker than expected too, but I’ve never flown a Hornet to know what’s accurate so I defer to those who have. I also don’t care to complain bc I would rather see resources focused on things that actually matter.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Because they couldn’t give a crap less about a bunch of armchair pilots complaining about things they know next to nothing about, for starters.

You sound offended. They don't need to give a crap about us who don't believe that, real pilots didn't see much through the HUD. Mods will to the thing.

Am I special?

• ED Team

I raised it with Wags when it first came up, he said that it was tuned by SME's, pictures dont always show you a true picture, lens can have filters and such that could change how it looks compared to your eyeballs.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Plus Most of those photo's posted above w/ nearly clear HUD Combiners are from F/A-18A/Bs, or Earlier C Blocks before the tint was applied to the Combiners.

The Tint is Realistic from what I've physically seen in person.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs