JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

No they do not
Oh... well... i wish it's for a Block 2 then... But that weird as Deka allready said maaaaaany time that we will get Block 1...

Maybe it's pod... as it get it in payload list... :) Awfull thing is it's oncenter, 2nd and 6th pod...and you are forced to trade center additionnal fuel or 2 SD10.... wich is a big loss...

Getting block 2 would allow us to refuel... But it would also get DL allready integrated if i understand properly?! :) So more missiles... :p

It is not like link 16 and a SA page, I believe it is only for controlling the 802 man in the loop missile

EDIT:Stand corrected looking at load out in update thread it looks like SD-10 at max is double racked on outboard wing pylons only while C-802 can only be mounted inboard wing pylons. As you said DL pod can go in centerline. Sure we’ll see single ugly load outs with one C-802 missile and a ext tank

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It is not like link 16 and a SA page
Tiny news update kinda hyped me... It's not link 16 but display look similar to it, far from Russian D/L... :) Here you can find it. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4000622&postcount=2

Deka is beeing more and more demonstrative, they seem confident, and i like that. :)

As you said

Sure we’ll see single ugly load outs with one C-802 missile and a ext tank
or no fuel tank depending on fuel efficiency of the beast, but keeping 2x2 SD10 and 2 PL5 is confy... :)

My only regret is lack of A/G missiles like mavs or else. As i don't really know how good is C802. Also, the fact you can't take D/L AND TGP under the belly since they share same pylons, i think we could get more uggly stuff like DL and TGP under the wings instead SD10, and GBU (i don't know chinese ones name) or C802 un central pylons... ^^

Awfully, it's smaller than F16, so you got 2 wing pylons less, and you can't attach TGP or other pods under belly without loose extra fuel tank, while F16 got 3 pylon under the belly :( .

Still, in A/A they kinda get same payload so can't wait to see dogfight/fight with those two :)

You can use C-701T as small version mav
Oh ok thanks...

Just to get a clear idea... C701 are kinda like mavs? So 802CM are antiradiation like HARM, 802AK, and LD10 are similar to what nato payload? :)

Also what are SPJ and LS6? :)

I'm familiar with NATO (hornet) payloads so you can give an equivalent or same working stuff :)

Last question, TGP of JF17 is comparable to LANTIRN, Lightning, or sniper? :)

For the other payloads i find info on web :)

I worked through the list a while back and figured the basics of the loadouts and their western equivalents.

GB-500's - LGB probably around GBU24 level

LS6's are your basic jsow jdam glide bomb equivalent

C-802's are your anti ship man in the loop missiles (closest equivalent would be the AGM84 SLAM SLAM-ER)

C-701's are basically baby mavericks probably closer to a hellfire

BRM-1-90's laser guided 90mm rocket pods (chinese apkws)

LD-10's are your ARM's (harms) (SD10's with a passive radar seeker)

PL5's - Aim9m equivalent

SD10A - 120C equivalent

No idea on the TGP though probably closest to a litening on functionality.

Oh ok thanks...

Just to get a clear idea... C701 are kinda like mavs? So 802CM are antiradiation like HARM, 802AK, and LD10 are similar to what nato payload? :)

Also what are SPJ and LS6? :)

I'm familiar with NATO (hornet) payloads so you can give an equivalent or same working stuff :)

Last question, TGP of JF17 is comparable to LANTIRN, Lightning, or sniper? :)

For the other payloads i find info on web :)

I worked through the list a while back and figured the basics of the loadouts and their western equivalents.

C-701's are basically baby mavericks probably closer to a hellfire

No idea on the TGP though probably closest to a litening on functionality.

is the c-701s coming with the jf-17 dcs ?

Mustang the DL pod and TGP can go under wings, does not impact the max payload of four SD-10 on outboard pylons. Thanks for the screenshots of the radar, does look like there is an awacs or ewr based DL for air targets. Wonder if it requires DL pod or if it’s a separate internal system than the prodded DL.

The fact that we have so many questions about this plane is going to make it all the more fun on release:)

From discussion thread— don’t think we’ll get ALCM, but hey we might be surprised!

43DCFD4A-3A5E-41BB-9034-70990E2233CE.jpeg.b408e24e853e1b209f3da8717788bae0.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Mustang the DL pod and TGP can go under wings, does not impact the max payload of four SD-10 on outboard pylons. Thanks for the screenshots of the radar, does look like there is an awacs or ewr based DL for air targets. Wonder if it requires DL pod or if it’s a separate internal system than the prodded DL.

The fact that we have so many questions about this plane is going to make it all the more fun on release:)

From discussion thread— don’t think we’ll get ALCM, but hey we might be surprised!

This picture is showing pods are on the same pylon of SD10 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190320/794ce3d2e613ee82ca6b0be422aeec63.jpg

As it was payload list from deka themselves... i think they are right. Maybe you get block 2 or 3 one?!

So DL pod or Block II?
Deka said since day 1 it will be Blk 1... And if on the road they feel they can do more, maybe blk 2 will get some love. I personnally would have choose Refueling probe equiped version, as it allow you to get rid of extra fuel tanks, but, both are nice. And getting JF will be great. :)

So DL pod or Block II?

DL pod: send/receive radio for C-802AKG man in the loop controll

It's not datalink for SA, like LINK-16/AWACS/GCI.

SA datalinks are more software than hardware, they use VHF/UHF radio for message sending/receiving,

Block I and II have the same radio device.

Edited by L0op8ack

Anyone I speak with talks down on this aircraft compared with F-16. Are there any benefits to this module when compared with EDs F-16?

Honestly it all depends.

If you are a power-gamer then maybe there are some advantages, depending on what gets modeled between the two (PL-12 vs Ammram) etc. Otherwise its main selling point will be that its not yet another western Jet.

IRL, the JF17 is more "modern" being a fairly clean start vs the F16 that has evolved over time. That being said the Block1 version we are getting should not be as capable as the F16C we will get. I.e. no clarity on what the datalink will look like, if its even implemented. RWR effectiveness etc. Basically the F16 is a mature platform with 30+ years of development and R&D. The JF17 is more modern but more "simple" in some ways.

And while I want to see it, I'm pretty sure if they release it anytime soon, the F16 will take their "thunder"

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Honestly it all depends.

If you are a power-gamer then maybe there are some advantages, depending on what gets modeled between the two (PL-12 vs Ammram) etc. Otherwise its main selling point will be that its not yet another western Jet.

IRL, the JF17 is more "modern" being a fairly clean start vs the F16 that has evolved over time. That being said the Block1 version we are getting should not be as capable as the F16C we will get. I.e. no clarity on what the datalink will look like, if its even implemented. RWR effectiveness etc. Basically the F16 is a mature platform with 30+ years of development and R&D. The JF17 is more modern but more "simple" in some ways.

And while I want to see it, I'm pretty sure if they release it anytime soon, the F16 will take their "thunder"

I did a lot of the testing on the PL-12 and Ammram, ultimately they are supposed to be very comparable missiles. IRL the PL-12 is regarded to be better than the B but worse than the C from what ive found. So I imagine the PL-12 that I tested was just a placeholder. I imagine upon release that will be where the PL-12 and Aim-120 stand, very close in performance to one another. So it can really be said to be a benefit/negative other than it can only carry 4 PL-12s.

The SA of the JF17 may (most likely) be better than the F-16 (DCS RWR implementation is generally quite basic) so it should be as good as F-16/18/15 albeit presented in a similar but slightly different way. It has a rearward missile warning system which is more than the F-16. It also apparently has datalink, look in the forum "tiny news" and youll see pictures. Very similar to how the west generally presents information in their aircraft.

It will lack in total payload capacity but will make up in distance of which they can be employed compared to the F-16's payload. The C802AKG will likely be the longest range A2G weapon in DCS if it is released before the SLAM-ER of the F/A-18. (The SLAM-ER and C802 are comparable weapons). They also have LS-6 glide weapons and some other very interesting additions.

TL-DR It will have some very interesting toys that can go the distance (generally equal to or farther) than the western counterparts. But it just cannot carry many of them.

It will be a very interesting aircraft and from what I know, it should fit mostly at home with everyone else with the more western cockpit design.

Edited by ShadowFrost