Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

Things change. All ED had to do was not announce anything at all, then announce the release the same day it was ready to release. This is exactly why ED do not want to announce anything, and just push out the release when it is ready, because people start complaining that something is not released. In the end, they will release it when it is ready. What do you want, for them to release something that is not ready? I understand Beta releases, but really, the idea is to release something that is ready to go normally.

Why do you think that there is current silence about an estimated release? Because, if any estimate is given, and it does not happen, bang, complaints galore on the forum :) I bet we will not hear anything again about FC3 until the day it is released.

Keep in mind, this not Electronic Arts with shareholders demanding a release date so revenue can be generated to satisfy stock holders. Then, if a date is looking like to slip, you throw cash at the problem. This is a small company trying to make money and doing something they love.

Wipe off your nose.. lookin a little brown :) Kidding aside, I think peeps are just amped about flying something fast. The hog is fun and all but the need for speed is everywhere up in here

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So FC3 will reuire LOCK On be installed... Installed where? Where will Lock On reside?

You install Lockon first anywhere, then install FC3 anywhere separately. On first start of FC3 it will check that Lockon is installed and run. After the first run of FC3 you can delete Lockon. This is how it works with FC2, so the assumtion is FC3 will be the same.

Wipe off your nose.. lookin a little brown :) Kidding aside, I think peeps are just amped about flying something fast. The hog is fun and all but the need for speed is everywhere up in here

Lol. At least my knees are still clean :) I am excited as well. Of course I will be more excited when DCS:Su-27 and DCS:F-18 are announced :)

• Like 1

I am definitely amped about this module. I can understand this is a small company, but I think most of us here are reasonable and just appreciate some official communication. A small bone of information without a release date.

I don't know. Maybe I just need to find other things to pass my time by and leave these boards alone......Nahhh cant do that. I love this community too much. :love:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Are they secretly working on a clickable cockpit for the F-15C?:music_whistling:

Yeah, especially since it's FC level and not DCS. Maybe the controls would be clickable, but with no real effect, but the switch moving on/off :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Things change. All ED had to do was not announce anything at all, then announce the release the same day it was ready to release. This is exactly why ED do not want to announce anything, and just push out the release when it is ready, because people start complaining that something is not released. In the end, they will release it when it is ready. What do you want, for them to release something that is not ready? I understand Beta releases, but really, the idea is to release something that is ready to go normally.

Why do you think that there is current silence about an estimated release? Because, if any estimate is given, and it does not happen, bang, complaints galore on the forum :) I bet we will not hear anything again about FC3 until the day it is released.

Keep in mind, this not Electronic Arts with shareholders demanding a release date so revenue can be generated to satisfy stock holders. Then, if a date is looking like to slip, you throw cash at the problem. This is a small company trying to make money and doing something they love.

ED announced FC3 to get released in September, so everbody estimated the due date, by end of September at the latest. Then on 26th of Sept, they said, they wont make it. I have no problem with this at all, a product release can take longer, but ya have to keep the community updated whats going on ! not leaving them alone for another month.

the customer support here on already released ED products is brilliant, the info on upcoming developments is not.

noboday wants to be updated about every single line they programme , but we wanna be at least kept updated why we are almost a month later then the original due date and still not the smallest sign of a release. read the posts, people are startin' to get upset, with good reason.

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

....people are startin' to get upset, with good reason.

There is absolutely no good reason whatsoever.

People know it is in development. People know there are test builds that are being tested and worked on in order to get to a workable release-candidate. People know that, as previous experience shows, that FC3 development is fluid and thus incapable of being given an exact date for completion. In addition, people have been treated to numerous AAR Beta previews courtesy of BeachAV8R.

Goodness knows what more is there to do?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

People know that, as previous experience shows, that FC3 development is fluid and thus incapable of being given an exact date for completion.

Most on here are reasonable and don't expect an "exact date", there is however a press release that was issued at the beginning of September to expect the release in September. Then September 26th, understandably, the announcement of the release delayed. Almost a month later there is this vacuum of...

On the side of the customer I love the interaction from ED staff and reps. I know they cant be here on these board every moment of the moment, but almost a month of......

Well some of the customers will get a little jumpy and start to question. And based on the expectation for a delivery that was suppose to happen in September it's only natural for some to have this reaction. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Nothing has changed. Debugging and working on some new features.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1559740&postcount=1

And there you have it folks from the big horse himself!! Thanks Matt!! :beer: I'm going back to work waiting for the next update.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

• ED Team
Ok, what do you guys think is the new features? Only Ricardo's cockpits? Something else?

We will not announce these new features until they are integrated and working properly such that they can be released with the game.

It were the news of the FC3 and the 1.2.1 patch that woke me up from my lo-tech coma, of rattling around in WWI planes in RoF (Great sim BTW!).

And I have to admit that I'm still relearning stuff, that were automatic reflex before, so I should stick to that, instead of whining about when FC3 is released.

But my I still feel that info would be nice! Are they secretly adding 6DoF to all the pits? Are they building a frozen turkey cannon, to fill my german MIG-29 engines with..

Just an official word on what is going on would make so many feel a lot more relieved, even if it's 'no soup for you' until X-mas! :pilotfly:

EDIT->HAHAH! Now that is cheating.. giving me what I just asked for, one minute before I posted it! !!

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

We will not announce these new features until they are integrated and working properly such that they can be released with the game.

Take your time guys! We can live without FC3. We just had expectation for earlier release. I am waiting for the time to fly 6DOF of F-15C cockpit!

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing has changed. Debugging and working on some new features.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1559740&postcount=1

well thats finally some info !

-> its also understood, that you wont tell us the new features until they work properly...

but pls Wags dont leave us hangin' here for another month.

(November weather here in Central Europe is simply too cold for not having FC3 @ home :thumbup: )

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

well thats finally some info !

-> its also understood, that you wont tell us the new features until they work properly...

but pls Wags dont leave us hangin' here for another month.

(November weather here in Central Europe is simply too cold for not having FC3 @ home :thumbup: )

Thanks for what info? "Nothing has changed.".. is not an info!

Oh come on guys! Am i the only bad guy in the neighborhood? Am i pushing so hard?

Thanks for what info? "Nothing has changed.".. is not an info!

Oh come on guys! Am i the only bad guy in the neighborhood? Am i pushing so hard?

Yes, you are.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

As long as we can place the FC3 box under the Christmas tree I'm happy

In Russia, that will give them an extra week. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In Russia, that will give them an extra week. :P

lmao

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|