Helicopter EFM Demo - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #71
petsild

In the movie of my childhood Fire Birds, are the most popular helicopters together.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #72
RePhil

here is a quick run on the night mission and dont judge the gun work Dead Eye Dan I am not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na_PumLb7Pg

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe

Last edited by RePhil; 06-26-2020 at 07:53 PM.
RePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:29 PM   #73
nibbylot

I am trying to take everyone's feedback and improve upon this as it seems to be getting more attention lately. There's still a lot more that needs to be done. I am going to try and focus on proper engine modelling (N2 rpm, NR rpm, torque) next.

Version 0.3 now available, change log:
- Added GAU-19 .50 cal gattling gun
- Added basic Force Feedback support
- Added option to remove weapon platform
- Added trim controls
- Added controls indicator
- M134 minigun now drops spent shells
EFM:
- labeled data tables so they are easier to understand their affect on the FM
- reduced rotational instability during straight and level flight

Last edited by nibbylot; 06-26-2020 at 10:34 PM.
nibbylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:33 PM   #74
nibbylot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRider View Post
Great work! Fun to fly, but more difficult than the Huey for sure. Some behaviour also that is difficult to anticipate, at least for me. How realistic is the FM?
I know it has much less mass than the Huey, is nimble, but the seeming erraticness at times, apart from my lack of skills, might it be caused by some shortcomings in the FM?
Yes there are certainly shortcomings in the FM. If you can pinpoint the exact flight conditions during said erratic behavior I can try to tune that out. But as the FM can be complex I need to know the aircraft's heading into the wind, rotational states, moments, etc. that this happens.
nibbylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:44 PM   #75
shu77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibbylot View Post
I am trying to take everyone's feedback and improve upon this as it seems to be getting more attention lately. There's still a lot more that needs to be done. I am going to try and focus on proper engine modelling (N2 rpm, NR rpm, torque) next.

Version 0.3 now available, change log:
- Added GAU-19 .50 cal gattling gun
- Added basic Force Feedback support
- Added option to remove weapon platform
- Added trim controls
- Added controls indicator
- M134 minigun now drops spent shells
EFM:
- labeled data tables so they are easier to understand their affect on the FM
- reduced rotational instability during straight and level flight
Awesome update! Trim controls are greatly appreciated. This thread really needs to be a sticky ED!

Metabox Alpha-X, i7-9750H, NVIDIA 1660Ti 6GB, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals & throttle quadrant, Handbrake collective, Track IR4, Cougar MFDs, 1440p
DCS Airfield Diagrams Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog, Mustang, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, WW2 Asset pack, AH-6J, MB-339, A-4-EC, Edge 540
shu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:25 AM   #76
DimSim

This is really impressive. Great work!
DimSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 01:18 AM   #77
shu77

OK just took the new version with Trim for a fly, makes a massive difference in terms of fine control and reactions when the aircraft is trimmed rather than flying at full deflection of the joystick

Metabox Alpha-X, i7-9750H, NVIDIA 1660Ti 6GB, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals & throttle quadrant, Handbrake collective, Track IR4, Cougar MFDs, 1440p
DCS Airfield Diagrams Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog, Mustang, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, WW2 Asset pack, AH-6J, MB-339, A-4-EC, Edge 540
Old 06-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #78
Grajo

Thanks for the update and keeping it fresh and going forward

I found the trim option really welcome also, however, I wonder if a "classic" trim option could be added like trim and trim reset, the same way it works for Mi-8 and Huey. Maybe this hello does not work this way, I just do not know, but I would love if you could add this feature at some point as I still struggle a bit to control it without this kind of trim control, however, of course, new trim option helps :].

Also about the new feature: - Added option to remove weapon platform

I was hoping to have the classic "Hardpoints" checker box in the mission editor. I do not manage to find where to tweak this.

I am quite a fan of civilian/SAR Helo flying here in DCS, and when I saw this new addition I was indeed very excited.

Adding to the livery lua:

Code:
custom_args = {
[310] = 1.0,
}
It does not seem to work. Any clue about how it is supposed to be done?

Best!
Grajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #79
shu77

Trim reset does seem to be the next step. Am really enjoying being able to trim back to neutral and go for a fly though. Id rather get torque and N2/NR at this point and some more engine function. the trim gets it useable, it would be good to get some more functionality in.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:33 AM   #80
CYGAN apa.sq

I've never expect that my favor helo will apear in DCS. I tryed find all possibly photos of this helo in net. Till now i was fly this helicopter mostly in ARMA3 and sometimes in FSX. I just fly a while and i must say i'm so happy even with all limitation with FM , textures and other thing. THANK YOU FOR YOR WORK.
CYGAN apa.sq is offline   Reply With Quote