Helicopter EFM Demo - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #101
petsild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu77 View Post
Took far longer than I care to admit to get up there, being a fixed wing pilot, Helos are a very different concept, but getting up here should be part of the AH-6J qualification process
You can also try to Krasnodar.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:48 PM   #102
nibbylot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grajo View Post
Thanks for the update and keeping it fresh and going forward

I found the trim option really welcome also, however, I wonder if a "classic" trim option could be added like trim and trim reset, the same way it works for Mi-8 and Huey. Maybe this hello does not work this way, I just do not know, but I would love if you could add this feature at some point as I still struggle a bit to control it without this kind of trim control, however, of course, new trim option helps :].

Also about the new feature: - Added option to remove weapon platform

I was hoping to have the classic "Hardpoints" checker box in the mission editor. I do not manage to find where to tweak this.

I am quite a fan of civilian/SAR Helo flying here in DCS, and when I saw this new addition I was indeed very excited.

Adding to the livery lua:

Code:
custom_args = {
[310] = 1.0,
}
It does not seem to work. Any clue about how it is supposed to be done?

Best!
To remove the weapon platform in mission editor, select 'Remove Pylon' in the "Plank" slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
Just to ‘hype’ this thread a little bit more for all you rotorheads:
Nibbylot not only created the foundation for an OH-6 flight model.
It is also a blueprint for at least any other helo which is included in the test data of the NASA document.
That means the flight model could also be used as a starting point for a AH-1G since all the data for that bird is also included in the NASA document.

A question for nibbylot:

The aerodynamics data of the NASA document is so to say the data backbone of your flight model.
You transferred the table data of the NASA document (page 26 and following) one-to-one into the file AH6AeroData.h.

DCS has the particularity of swapped axes in it’s coordinate system (y and z are swapped compared to the ‘official’ definition in the aerospace industry).
From my understanding that means that transferring data from an original source with the official x,y,z-scheme has to be adapted to the DCS coordinate system.

CptSmiley did that in his F16 flight model too. He swapped the y and z axis data compared to the original source which he used as input.
For example he did not just takeover the moments of inertia values as they can be found in the original source but he swapped the values of y and z against each other.

In the file API_Declare.h the coordinate system is defined according to the DCS notation.
Body coordinate system system is always X - positive forward, Y - positive up, Z - positive to right.
Does that mean your flight model handles the axis swap ‘internally’ so input data of an original source can be used without axis swap?

Could say some clarifying words on that topic?

Thanks a lot!
I kept it in normal coordinate system in the aeroData and aero header files, then swap it to DCS coordinate system in the motion header file in the function updateAeroForces()

Last edited by nibbylot; 06-29-2020 at 04:54 PM.
nibbylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:59 PM   #103
nibbylot

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpilothr View Post
Hello!
Firstly I would want to thank nibbylot for providing us all with a free helicopter! It looks fantastic and I can't wait to see further development of the Little Bird! Thank you!
But the thing is...I can't map any flight controls. What I mean by that is the only mappable buttons I can configure is the cyclic trim and the throttle. No collective or cyclic.
I tried reinstalling the mod and replacing the EFB source code, but no dice.
I followed Grim Reapers' tutorial too, but it just doesn't work for me.
I'll see if there are any new DCS updates, and if that works I'll let you know.

Once again, thanks!
Try going to Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input and delete the AH-6 folder in there.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #104
Grajo

Understood! Thanks for the info
Grajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #105
Thomas Loeffelmann

Kaspersky block the dll that why the AH-6J Littlebird was not working.

Regards
Tango Lima/Scorpion
Thomas Loeffelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:04 PM   #106
Araks

I tried to land on Arlie Burke. It was easier than with SA342
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-29_21-50-10.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	241290  
Araks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #107
jimcarrel

I remember the 1st version of this. It worked fine for me. this version and the last one does not work for me at all, isn't even recognized by DCS openbeta. Nothing has been blocked (someone mentioned the .dll being blocked) I've got the Edge 540 working (in saved games folder) and have use the Community A4 in the past. Guess I'll have to wait for another advancing version.
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig
jimcarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:28 PM   #108
shu77

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsild View Post
You can also try to Krasnodar.

Now youre just showing off...

Metabox Alpha-X, i7-9750H, NVIDIA 1660Ti 6GB, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals & throttle quadrant, Handbrake collective, Track IR4, Cougar MFDs, 1440p
DCS Airfield Diagrams Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog, Mustang, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, WW2 Asset pack, AH-6J, MB-339, A-4-EC, Edge 540
shu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:54 AM   #109
nibbylot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarrel View Post
I remember the 1st version of this. It worked fine for me. this version and the last one does not work for me at all, isn't even recognized by DCS openbeta. Nothing has been blocked (someone mentioned the .dll being blocked) I've got the Edge 540 working (in saved games folder) and have use the Community A4 in the past. Guess I'll have to wait for another advancing version.
Did you delete the old version before installing the new one? Could you send a screenshot of the folder with entry.lua with the file path visible.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:43 AM   #110
jimcarrel

Hope this works (pic post) I'm not running the release version, it's been updated to latest beta version. Other mods are working.
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig
jimcarrel is offline   Reply With Quote