Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 146 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 08:29 AM   #1451
Hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilman100 View Post
Is there anyway to set a default profile, I have quite a number and it always defaults to the A-10C which appears first in my list.
This is a great suggestion, perhaps AG could consider having the app "remember" the previous session's choices? In my case, I have been importing lots of pdfs for the F-18, and it gets very repetitive to always have to select the aircraft, etc.

Pretty please.
System spec: Intel i7 8700K (3.7 / 4.7 GHz), Asus Prime Z370-A, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5x Blower (1480 / 1582 MHz), 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600 3200 MHz, Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), AOC U3477PQU Monitor, Oculus Rift S, Saitek X52 Pro

Last edited by Hippo; 05-26-2020 at 08:32 AM.
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:24 AM   #1452
epersons

Default Kneeboard Profiles greyed out

Entie program works as advertised until I get ready to modify the profile and position my kneeboard. Am running DCS in open-beta and have tried Standard open beta and custom with no help.

What am I missing? Have searched for answer in forum, KB manual. Help please.
epersons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:41 AM   #1453
Caput_58

Was there ever a solution to the "value cannot be null" error? I see a few other people have experienced it when they try to change profiles. For what it's worth, I'm running in Admin mode, my DCS installation is in the standard location, and the config process has been done correctly as far as I can tell.
Caput_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:41 AM   #1454
Caput_58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caput_58 View Post
Was there ever a solution to the "value cannot be null" error? I see a few other people have experienced it when they try to change profiles. For what it's worth, I'm running in Admin mode, my DCS installation is in the standard location, and the config process has been done correctly as far as I can tell.
On further troubleshooting, it looks like this only occurs when I try to write a profile to 'All'. Maybe there is a bad path defined for one of the module kneeboard locations?
Caput_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:06 PM   #1455
sniperpr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by epersons View Post
Entie program works as advertised until I get ready to modify the profile and position my kneeboard. Am running DCS in open-beta and have tried Standard open beta and custom with no help.

What am I missing? Have searched for answer in forum, KB manual. Help please.
I'm having the exact same problem. When I go to 'Options' in the menu, and then 'Kneeboard Profile', the option 'Modify' is greyed out and the only other option I have is: 'Restore Defaults' I've even watched tutorials on YouTube, but it doesn't work as the tutorials. Can someone help me understand what I have to do?

Thanks
sniperpr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:01 PM   #1456
raymondabel

here my probleme:
- I crate a document using Word or notepad.
then print it ising Microsoft print to PDF
file is perfect then import it using KneeBuilder then the PNG has chinees a like carater instade of what I wrote. The PDF is perfet.

Windows 10, 64, Canadian French

Thanks for your help
Ray
raymondabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:39 PM   #1457
majapahit

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondabel View Post
here my probleme:
- I crate a document using Word or notepad.
then print it ising Microsoft print to PDF
file is perfect then import it using KneeBuilder then the PNG has chinees a like carater instade of what I wrote. The PDF is perfet.

Windows 10, 64, Canadian French

Thanks for your help
Ray
the extension is .pdf not .PDF?
DCS are Linux guys.
| VR googles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 32GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 40" 1080p TV | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:50 PM   #1458
raymondabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by majapahit View Post
the extension is .pdf not .PDF?
DCS are Linux guys.
yes, *.pdf. lower case
raymondabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:51 AM   #1459
sc_neo

Hey mate, i have a question concerning your dynamic kneeboard system. As i have read in the description in the OP, these dynamic pages are being build from the mission file when loading the mission. Is it possible to rebuild new pages during the mission?

The idea being; you contact an ai jtac and all his info is then imported to a sort of 9-line mission card on the kneeboard. I reckon all the ai jtac's info must be stored somewhere either in the mission file, or in some dcs cache or so, and might be readable. This info should be in the same format i reckon, and it might be possible to then import this line for line to a kneeboard 9-line mission card.

Last edited by sc_neo; 07-02-2020 at 07:53 AM.
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote