Open Beta 2.5.6 Crashes on Valve Index

Banediesel

I installed the open beta when it first came out and everything appeared to be ok but after opening the game and main menu loading I only have about 10-15 seconds before it crashes every time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with no luck. I have no problem playing the regular DCS world and in the past open-beta never gave me a problem. I don't know if it is even related to my valve index but I looked around for people having a similar issue and didn't find a similar problem.

Ryzen 3900x

EVGA 2080TI

32gb Ram

Windows 10

Valve Index 80 or 120 HZ refresh

Using Steam VR, but NOT steam version of DCS Open-Beta 2.5.6

• ED Team

Hi

please attach your dcs log it should give us some clues

you may see a zip folder after a crash attach that or a file called dcs that can be zipped and attached here

C:\Users\bigne\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs

please also see my guides below they may help

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok i tried your guides. As soon as i restart open beta after having renamed dcs openbeta folder in a backup one, a new directory appears after launching game and it seems it works. But, even without touching any option, after exiting game and relaunching it, same issue appears. 10 seconds after logging, game stuck in main menu. I attached my dcs.log file.

I'll follow your instructions...

dcs.zip

• ED Team

Hi

Are you using viacom or voice attack?

also if you are using 3rd party mods in your saved games dcs mod folder try to disable them and test.

let us know if you see a difference

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Please attach fresh logs and let us know what antivirus you are using

thank you

I wish to attach dcs world log too cause it is regularly functioning. Only one thing i noticed during loading process is that dcs world immediately goes into vr screen while open beta first load desktop screen and then switch to VR. Don't know if it is in some way correlated to the bug. Hope it helps...

dcs.zip

• ED Team

Please try my crash advice in my signature, including renaming your dcs folder in saved games.

Some users have found reinstalling oculus software can help

let us know how you get on

thanks

Made all things of your advices. As i said in an earlier post, renaming openbeta folder under savedgames allow you to go on a first attempt (i entered a quick mission too). Exiting game and relaunching it made the bug comes again. I attached the two logs so you can check it.

Hope you'll come to a fix for me...

dcs1.zip

dcs2.zip

Edited by marbessi

• ED Team

Thank you for the logs,

I will ask the team for advice on this in the morning.

• ED Team

Please disable your vr controllers when launching DCS, and test, do you see any difference?

thanks

• ED Team

Can I ask you to try this also

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ImagesShop

delete the ImagesShop folder and try to start dcs again, do you notice any difference?

Ok guys, looks like you find the matter. Deleting imeagesShop folder let me start and play the game, but as you exit the game and relaunch it, the folder is newly generated and this cause the dcs.exe to crash. I hope you'll have a fix for it, btw i now can launch the game deleting the folder everytime...

Can confirm that deleting imeagesShop folder fixed the issue, only problem left is that I have to delete the files each time I open the beta... Makes no sense, but if it means I can play than damn right I'll do it each time. lol Thank you BIGNEWY for focusing on our issue even though we are so few.

Edited by Banediesel

• ED Team

If this issue still relevant, please put attached file into \MissionEditor\modules folder in your game install (not in the users folder), launch DCS and attach dcs.log after that to forum post.

Thank you.

me_modulesInfo.lua

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.