External fuel tanks

Santus

Hello fellow skinners!!! :)

I have a two part question on altering the textures of the external fuel tanks.

The first part is where can I find the dds files of the external tanks as they do not appear to be inside the aircraft's texture rar and the Second part is what is the code I need to add in my description.lua so that I may load the diffuse and the specular dds files I will create.

Come to think of it, I would appreciate the code to alter the parachute too but that is not as important as the external tanks.

thank you very much for your help beforehand. :pilotfly:

• Like 1

I did some thorough digging and was able to find the textures for the two tanks.

The are in the following zip:

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\textures\AeroWeapons.zip

The edm files of the tanks in order to load them inside the model viewer are here:

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\Shapes

Filenames are ptb-150.edm & ptb-275.EDM

Now if only someone would answer the second part of my question, I would be a very happy lad!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Santus!!!!

I broke my head 2 days loocking those files...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi hi

thanks for your Thread and i wish i could have the editable layers of these ptb-150 and ptb-275 for skinning:music_whistling::cry:

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

{"F-5E3_parachute", 0, "f-5e3_parachute", false};
{"F-5E3_parachute", 2, "f-5e3_parachute_spec",true};

302693815_ModelViewer2018-05-0415-49-46-02.thumb.jpg.6ab3f2399bd555a1a35f13c4c2a3f922.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...
Hi hi

thanks for your Thread and i wish i could have the editable layers of these ptb-150 and ptb-275 for skinning:music_whistling::cry:

Hey there.

I believe that there are no official files for the tanks. I am willing to share my own PSD files if you wish it but they are nowhere near of a professional quality.

Cheers