Rocket solution?

Erab

Yea i think the Mig-21 has some some features that are not 100% realistic but were added (sometimes as options)

to make it easier to use.

The complete wrong approach by LN imo, the ASP is an abomination and the only unrealistic feature we get to turn off is the pipper tracking IR locked targets. The Kh-66 doesn't really bother me, as some MiGs could fire it. But no MiG-21s prior to the 21-93 were capable of CCIP.

However this thread is about the F-5E, and I'm confident that BST are not the type of devs to compromise on the accuracy of their simulation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually I recall that MiG-21Bis is not CCIP capable for bombs, but it can do so for rockets, so may be not completely unrealistic. Though I may be wrong.

In any case, I agree Custard. It is beyond me why would they make the ASP with capabilities it does not have, and say nothing about it either. Shame really.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Actually I recall that MiG-21Bis is not CCIP capable for bombs, but it can do so for rockets, so may be not completely unrealistic. Though I may be wrong.

In any case, I agree Custard. It is beyond me why would they make the ASP with capabilities it does not have, and say nothing about it either. Shame really.

They have talked about it. It's the reason why we're not getting any of the Navy's Experimental Squadron's loadouts for AMRAAMs, HARMs and Harpoons on the F-14A/B. They said it was a direct response to the backlash on the ASP and Sapfir Radar.

They have talked about it. It's the reason why we're not getting any of the Navy's Experimental Squadron's loadouts for AMRAAMs, HARMs and Harpoons on the F-14A/B. They said it was a direct response to the backlash on the ASP and Sapfir Radar.

Wow, that's just annoying...

I never saw an issue with the Kh-66, it was carried and fired on many MiG-21s and the main reason it never saw service on the bis was that is was obsolete by 1972. However AMRAAMs & other such capabilities that never even made it into service are something else entirely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Apparently, it was more than that, basically RP-22SM and earlier MiG-21 radars are not related in the least and have different operating methods as far as I remember from discussion. Actually, before the release, Kh-66 was listed as an eliminated item from earlier laundry list of weapons from Beczl days, and Dolphin even said "I've never seen Bis with these weapons". But it was included by popular demand.

But yeah, at least it did serve on at least some MiG-21 versions, and earlier ones than the Bis at that. Still, it is something I am hoping not to see any further. Between this, and the flight model experiencing quite a few radical changes, and RWR still apparently not being quite like the real thing, as well as every version fixing one tnig and breaking two other, Leatherneck unfortunately aren't my favorite dev anymore... Well they are still one of the better ones I guess... I can only hope their following modules will not go as bumpy, and as of questionable realism, because I am very ineterested in Viggen and Corsair, and while I personally am not, a lot of people are very very interested in the Tomcat.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script