v1.1.0.9 Training Mission status

derelor

Hi!

This is a list of all typos/errors I found in the training missions that come with v1.1.0.9. I'd like to see them fixed in an upcoming patch.

1. A-10C Familiarization

1.1 Introduction to the A-10C

No errors found

2. Aircraft Operation

2.1 Aircraft Start-Up

1. Training mission needs to reflect changes in 1.1.0.8:

- explanation for caution missing when left engine reaches 50% core fan RPM (see here for details)

2.2 Takeoff and Basic Handling

No errors found

2.3 Navigation

No errors found

2.4 Landing

1. The "O" ("donut)" -> ("donut") light indicates proper speed.

3. Combat Employment

3.1 Digital Stores Management System (DSMS)

1. "Also, the profile name on the HUD now begins with an "M/" to indicate Manual mode."

-> You don't see that any more on the HUD, because starting with v1.1.0.8 HARS is selected as default navigation mode.

3.2 AN/AAQ-28 LITENING-II

1. OSB-5 (-> 6) toggles LSS mode. OSB-6 (-> 7) selects between Laser, IR Pointer and BOTH designation modes.

-> Text corrected, but sound file also needs to be updated!

2. ... on the keyboard to select FLIR BHOT (black hot) video mode. ... on the keyboard to select white-hot mode.

-> according to TGP display the modes are mixed up (or is TGP display wrong?)

3.3 GAU-8/A and Unguided Rockets

1. Training mission needs to reflect changes in 1.1.0.9:

"The main features of the CCIP Gun Reticle are the pipper dot in the center and ..."

-> there are two pipper dots inside the reticle as of v1.1.0.9 (details see here)

3.4 General Purpose Bombs

1. ... and Minimum Release Altitude ("MIN ALT" with OSB-18.

-> closing bracket after "MIN ALT" is missing. Although the closing bracket is included in mission file, it can not be seen, because it is on the right end of the message window.

2. Weapon profile name confusion - ir looks like the profile name was changed from MK82AHI to MK82APO, but text & voice was not adapted completely:

a) Let's now configure the Mk-82AIRs by pressing OSB-19 to select "MK82APO" (-> text is correct, but voice says "MK82AHI") profile and then ...

b) Now we'll take a look at CCRP mode. Select the "MK82AHI" (-> "MK82APO", text and voice wrong) profile by pressing ...

c) Because we set-up the MK-82AHI (-> MK82APO) profile for a high-drag delivery ...

3.5 Precision-Guided Munitions

No errors found

3.6 AGM-65 Maverick

1. Make the Maverick SOI by pressing the HOTAS Coolie Switch (-> Hat) RIGHT (long) command ...

2. Let's come off the target now and fly a few miles out for a second pass with the AGM-65H (-> AGM-65D). Employment of the AGM-65D will be identical ...

3. Select the AGM-65D (-> text is correct, but voice says AGM-65H) using either the SEL rocker key on the UFC ...

3.7 Air-to-Air

No errors found

3.8 Countermeasures

1. Our first contact will be a ground-based Early Warning Radar (EWR) station, identified on the RWR as "EWR".

-> Something wrong here, "EWR" is never displayed on the RWR...

Edited by derelor
  • Like 1

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Im wondering if anyone having problems with the maverick training mission. Its getting stuck for me in the middle of the flight.

Its there a fix for this.

There shouldn't be a problem. Need a track to analyze your flight and advise accordingly.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I just uninstalled v. 1.1.0.8 and installed full v.1.1.0.9 - according to instructions, but now I do not have any training mission, when I look through the GUI?! I see that the missions are properly installed when I look in the Training folder. I should point out that all mission clearly seen in the previous version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Im wondering if anyone having problems with the maverick training mission. Its getting stuck for me in the middle of the flight.

Its there a fix for this.

Maverick TM works fine for me. Do you still have the issue?

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

• 2 months later...