sensor switch

oldpop

Anyone feel free to correct me of any mistakes, but I believe this covers most of it.

In any mode:

- SCS Depress: Commands manual IFF interrogation of a contact with the radar as TDC priority (contact must be Target Under Cursor (TUC)).

In A/A (BVR) mode:

- SCS Forward: Commands Boresight Acquisition mode and switches SCS controls to ACM mode. If JHMCS is turned on, SCS Foward Short commands short-range helmet acquisition mode (HACQ), SCS Forward Long commands long-range helmet acquisition mode (LACQ).

- SCS Left: Makes the left DDI the TDC priority.

- SCS Right: Makes the right DDI the TDC priority.

- SCS Aft: Makes the AMPCD the TDC priority.

In A/A (ACM) mode:

- SCS Forward: Commands Boresight Acquisition mode. If JHMCS is turned on, SCS Foward Short commands short-range helmet acquisition mode (HACQ), SCS Forward Long commands long-range helmet acquisition mode (LACQ).

- SCS Left: Commands Wide Acquisition mode (WACQ).

- SCS Right: Commands Auto Acquisition mode (AACQ). If a target is designated as the Lock & Steering (L&S) target, commands Fast Acquisition mode on the L&S target.

- SCS Aft: Commands Vertical Acquisition mode (VACQ). If JHMCS is turned on, VACQ can be activated by pressing SCS Forward, SCS Left, then SCS Aft.

In A/G mode:

- SCS Forward: Makes the HUD the TDC priority. Activates 'ball-and-chain' target designation mode if a point is not already designated. Allows the WPDSG target point to be slewed around in the HUD if a point is already designated.

NOTE: If the FLIR page is active on the left or right DDI, pressing SCS in the direction of the DDI the FLIR page is active on will toggle the targeting pod between Area Track (ATRK) and Point Track (PTRK) modes with every press. As-of this post the FLIR page can be pulled up on the AMPCD; this is incorrect behavior and will eventually be removed, but SCS Aft performs the same command.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Very helpful summary - thank you.

Yes, very clear and concise.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

"Must Spread Rep"...

Well you know what I mean...

Nice explanation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Anyone feel free to correct me of any mistakes, but I believe this covers most of it.

In any mode:

- SCS Depress: Commands manual IFF interrogation of a contact with the radar as TDC priority (contact must be Target Under Cursor (TUC)).

In A/A (BVR) mode:

- SCS Forward: Commands Boresight Acquisition mode and switches SCS controls to ACM mode. If JHMCS is turned on, SCS Foward Short commands short-range helmet acquisition mode (HACQ), SCS Forward Long commands long-range helmet acquisition mode (LACQ).

In A/A (ACM) mode:

- SCS Forward: Commands Boresight Acquisition mode. If JHMCS is turned on, SCS Foward Short commands short-range helmet acquisition mode (HACQ), SCS Forward Long commands long-range helmet acquisition mode (LACQ).

- SCS Left: Commands Wide Acquisition mode (WACQ).

- SCS Right: Commands Auto Acquisition mode (AACQ). If a target is designated as the Lock & Steering (L&S) target, commands Fast Acquisition mode on the L&S target.

- SCS Aft: Commands Vertical Acquisition mode (VACQ). If JHMCS is turned on, VACQ can be activated by pressing SCS Forward, SCS Left, then SCS Aft.

In A/G mode:

- SCS Forward: Makes the HUD the TDC priority. Activates 'ball-and-chain' target designation mode if a point is not already designated. Allows the WPDSG target point to be slewed around in the HUD if a point is already designated.

NOTE: If the FLIR page is active on the left or right DDI, pressing SCS in the direction of the DDI the FLIR page is active on will toggle the targeting pod between Area Track (ATRK) and Point Track (PTRK) modes with every press. As-of this post the FLIR page can be pulled up on the AMPCD; this is incorrect behavior and will eventually be removed, but SCS Aft performs the same command.

Although I do not believe that being able to display the FLIR on the AMPCD is "incorrect behavior" (it actually gives a true black hot / white hot image).

All correct sir :thumbup:

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Although I do not believe that being able to display the FLIR on the AMPCD is "incorrect behavior" (it actually gives a true black hot / white hot image).

All correct sir :thumbup:

Cheers,

Don

According to this thread the FLIR on AMPCD is incorrect and ability to display it there will be removed in future (so the OP is correct)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251751

According to this thread the FLIR on AMPCD is incorrect and ability to display it there will be removed in future (so the OP is correct)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251751

Thanks for digging into this and confirming.

Kind of a shame it doesn't have that functionality but I'd rather have it be correct. Back to the "game boy" screen it is. Haha