[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Yaw oscillation without steering input after maneuvering. - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-23-2019, 05:31 AM   #11
Gripes323

Well, I spoke too soon. when I roll left or right and pull max g before the nose settled it did seem like the dampening moment got "stuck".
Gripes323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:32 PM   #12
lamboman43

Don't mean to bump the thread with no additional info, but I do want to make sure that the developers see this. These oscillations are still an issue and particularly pop up when forced to engage in air combat near the end of a mission when lower on fuel, and as a result, weight. If you need more examples with track replays, I can produce more.
lamboman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:47 PM   #13
Gripes323

Just stumbled on this one while doing some unrelated tests.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:08 PM   #14
Preendog

Guys remember we gotta get hard data that shows the plane doesn't actually do that. Maybe it is a feature.

The data must be official and credible, but not the first result on google because that one's classified.
Preendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:37 PM   #15
Gripes323

I feel like calling Pax or Dryden Center lol... this is probably not classified. They must have done some tests with less then 2.0 fuel and will eagerly share the results.

On a serious note, I need to do search before running my mouth. I remember seeing crapload of NASA articles related to high alpha testing of an early FA18 model many years ago. If this stuff is still there it might give us some clues but then... when you really think about the way it happens in DCS... I don't think it's a feature.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:08 PM   #16
lamboman43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preendog View Post
Guys remember we gotta get hard data that shows the plane doesn't actually do that. Maybe it is a feature.

The data must be official and credible, but not the first result on google because that one's classified.
The devs still haven't even acknowledged our tracks. As soon as they do that and confirm whether the oscillation is their intention or not, I'll be willing to look for information.
lamboman43 is offline   Reply With Quote