AR

Zeagle

Can someone clue me in to the proper AR sequence on the F-16? Every time I hook up to the tanker I immediately get the "refueling complete" message. I have tried with and without drop tanks. Refuel door is open. I must be missing something.

Can someone clue me in to the proper AR sequence on the F-16? Every time I hook up to the tanker I immediately get the "refueling complete" message. I have tried with and without drop tanks. Refuel door is open. I must be missing something.

It only works on Caucasus. Any other map does not work. :thumbup:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306414/

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I was able to refuel on the PG map. I heard that you can only refuel if you start airborne, but I haven't verified.

This is correct. At least for me. I was able to refuel on the NTTR map, but only when starting airborne.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Same here. I can only refuel if I start in the air, doesn’t matter the map.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hot start on the runway works for me on the caucasus map, i haven't tried on other maps yet.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

There are countless scenarios where it actually works but for others doesn't work. I was told: Caucasus map, Air start, F-16 as "Player" not "Client". Bt doesn't work for me. Read that for someone "Client" rather than "Player" worked. Considering all these different statementy, I think it's pure luck if you get it working.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

I did not have any issues refueling on any map.. i respawn behind the tanker and my player is a "client".

However yesterday after refueling i desided to practice the dogfight radar and lock with 9x sidewinders and i fly a few km away and lock and unlock the tanker and cycle trough the aa radars and modes ect.

At some point the tanker started turning and fly a bit away.

After a while i desided to rejoin the tanker and refuel.

This time I every time instantly had the "error" where it say

refueling complete disconnect every time i connect.

I dont know where the error are but if you guys like to test, then maybe try to do a full refueling and then fly a little bit away and come back and refuel one more time. ( maybe after tanker have reached a waypoint.

If you get the "refueling complete" instant then we maybe know that is the problem and solution for this error.

( that the refuel plane do not "reset" once we have refueled 1 time.

when flying the f16 ).

Redkite's video was really informative on AR. I was unaware that if you had bags on you needed to open the port about 2 or 3 minutes before refueling to equalize pressure and wait for the ready light to illuminate above the AR/NWS light beside the HUD. Give this vid a once over and see if you are doing it as he did. I followed this and had no trouble refueling (I have only tried to AR on Caucasus though).

Redkite's video was really informative on AR. I was unaware that if you had bags on you needed to open the port about 2 or 3 minutes before refueling to equalize pressure and wait for the ready light to illuminate above the AR/NWS light beside the HUD.

Source? There's nothing in the manual that suggests you need to wait to AR after opening the door.

Source? There's nothing in the manual that suggests you need to wait to AR after opening the door.

Ummmmm..........his video. I have been doing it that way since I watched it an have had no trouble with the Contact / Refueling Complete call from the tanker. Not saying it's in the manual or anything just that I followed his video and have had no issue.

I've just been flying that mission and having topped up on the straight line tanker, thought that i would fly over to the racetrack one. unfortunately, having got there and getting connected, i got the immediate "you're full" message and was disconnected. I only had around 4,100ibs of fuel, so i'm guessing that this is just another incarnation of the issue stated in the OP.

Ummmmm..........his video. I have been doing it that way since I watched it an have had no trouble with the Contact / Refueling Complete call from the tanker. Not saying it's in the manual or anything just that I followed his video and have had no issue.

In his mission, ALL the aircraft start in the air. So it's going to work.

I've just been flying that mission and having topped up on the straight line tanker, thought that i would fly over to the racetrack one. unfortunately, having got there and getting connected, i got the immediate "you're full" message and was disconnected. I only had around 4,100ibs of fuel, so i'm guessing that this is just another incarnation of the issue stated in the OP.

Now this is very interesting. Your test negates everything I believed in. I really hope ED figured this out for an planned for Friday.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I've used Redkite's mission and plugged straight into a tanker without a wait. He may have suggested there's a requirement to wait, but I don't see where he's got that from.

Now this is very interesting. Your test negates everything I believed in. I really hope ED figured this out for an update tomorrow.

Got ya got ya. Yea I was talking more about flying over to one of the other tankers instead of spawning behind one.

I've used Redkite's mission and plugged straight into a tanker without a wait. He may have suggested there's a requirement to wait, but I don't see where he's got that from.

It seemed odd at first to me as well when I watched it, but I was having so much trouble with it in the beginning that I was willing to try just about anything to get Texaco to start giving me some damn fuel.

No, it's not.

Yesterday night I spawned behind the racetrack tanker and got the "refuel complete" bug; I pressed Esc, choose "select a slot" and respawned behind the orbit tanker and refueled without any problem.

I didn't do anything differently between the two attempts; it looks like there has to be another explanation than air start. The first time I tried the mission, last weekend, everything went fine, no bug in two refuelings.

Probably from another manual we can't talk about where it's clearly mentioned :thumbup:

When AR switch is set to Open it reduces internal tank pressurization, depressurizes external tanks (external fuel transfer is then stopped), and allows the refuel valve in each reservoir to open when a centerline tank is installed and refuel pressure is applied. This takes a couple of minutes

that's odd.

i've just started with the racetrack tanker and then flew to the circle tanker. both let me fill up

i would have tried the straight line one, but as i took so long with the other two, the pilot apparently got bored and wouldn't listen to my request to refuel. :)

that's odd.

i've just started with the racetrack tanker and then flew to the circle tanker. both let me fill up

i would have tried the straight line one, but as i took so long with the other two, the pilot apparently got bored and wouldn't listen to my request to refuel. :)

Don't you just hate it when tanker pilots get all upitty and won't talk to you?:megalol:

Serious note though, maybe 9L or Wags could give some insight into if the external tank pressurization even matters in our Viper. I don't have problems waiting a bit as it gives me time to work on formation flying with the tanker.

Probably from another manual we can't talk about where it's clearly mentioned :thumbup:

When AR switch is set to Open it reduces internal tank pressurization, depressurizes external tanks (external fuel transfer is then stopped), and allows the refuel valve in each reservoir to open when a centerline tank is installed and refuel pressure is applied. This takes a couple of minutes

I was looking for that in the not-to-be-mentioned, could you tell me in what section you found it?

P.S. Is anyone else having the feeling that, between sims-who-cannot-be-named and manuals-not-to-be-mentioned, this place is becoming very much like Hogwarts? :D

As far as I can see in the not-to-be-mentioned document, while the operation of the AR switch does exactly what described before, there are no references that I can find to any time-lapse before refueling.

I'm not saying it's not true, just that I can find it, that's why I'm asking for the precise paragraph. Just to be clear, I'm partial to Greek aircraft (if you catch my drift...)