2nd refuel won't catch right hose

rob10

Maybe it's just poor flying on my part, but I'm having a weird problem with attempting a 2nd refuel. This is in 2nd mission of Exigent Riviera campaign, I fuel up 1st time from right hose no problem, drop bombs on target, come back for 2nd refuel, get cleared for contact and the right hose doesn't seem to want to connect (or at least the basket contact zone seems much smaller -- flying through the basket where normally it would catch it doesn't). BUT if I then go over to the LEFT hose I can catch it 1st try (without any further radio contact or anything). Anyone else seen this? I think this at least 2nd time I've had it happen on this mission.

Longish track since it's quite a ways into the mission before this happens.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BWaPxbzqvAv23G80koaeF5APUpO9cg_a/view?usp=sharing

I remember getting this too, same campaign, although I think that's just a coincidence. First refuel, I ordered my wingman to refuel as well and he went left, I went right, all good.

Second time, I couldn't connect to the right basket no matter how much I tried, until I was sure that my probe was just going through the basket. I switched to the left one and I connected first try. I also think I hadn't ordered my wingman to refuel the second time.

I think that because I ordered my wingman to refuel as well the first time, he "reserved" the left hose and the right "became operational for me". I haven't verified it, but just setting up a mission where you're with a wingman and go refuel by yourself from the right hose is a quick test to try.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I remember getting this too, same campaign, although I think that's just a coincidence. First refuel, I ordered my wingman to refuel as well and he went left, I went right, all good.

Second time, I couldn't connect to the right basket no matter how much I tried, until I was sure that my probe was just going through the basket. I switched to the left one and I connected first try. I also think I hadn't ordered my wingman to refuel the second time.

I think that because I ordered my wingman to refuel as well the first time, he "reserved" the left hose and the right "became operational for me". I haven't verified it, but just setting up a mission where you're with a wingman and go refuel by yourself from the right hose is a quick test to try.

Hmmm. I think the wingman thing is it. 1st time I had ordered him. 2nd time he had ejected due to lack of fuel before I sent him. Thinking back, it may have been when I do get him to tanker the 2nd time when I haven't had the issue. Thanks!

Hmmm. I think the wingman thing is it. 1st time I had ordered him. 2nd time he had ejected due to lack of fuel before I sent him. Thinking back, it may have been when I do get him to tanker the 2nd time when I haven't had the issue. Thanks!
I'm away from home right now and I can't be sure, but I think I also noticed that a working hose/basket will have its refueling pod flash a little green light as well, while the light won't be flashing on the not working one. Another thing to possibly check.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

Yep, the "non-live" hose does not have the green light flashing. I've looked at it before, but since it always seems to be on ignored it most of the time.
Thanks for checking it out! Now we can look at the light instead of having to clip through the basket a few times (and having an aneurysm in the process) before realizing that hose doesn't work

-