AH-1 not in scope anymore ...? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 09:14 PM   #21
Weta43
Veteran

Speculation on my part - It's possible that Belsimtek got pretty close with the F4, and were working on getting their AI to work (that much we know), but that while the new AI was a step forward from the Autopilots of the Huey and Mi-8, it was still in that vein.
Then when they came back in-house - & with the F-14 out - it was decided that the AI & interface wasn't going to compare well as it was then concieved, so they have put aircraft that need that functionality (aircraft that need a full RIO / WSO) on hold until E.D. have a version of that kind of AI that will compare favourably with the Jester.

Edit:
Not sure how that fits with the M-24, but maybe that was too close to ready & too anticipated to make sense to sit on it, & maybe they figure we can get by with a better autopilot. Maybe we'll see how the new AP came out.

Last edited by Weta43; 10-21-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Weta43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #22
probad

yeah my utterly baseless speculation must be true if i copypasta it enough times
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL

Last edited by probad; 10-21-2019 at 10:15 PM.
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:52 AM   #23
The_Pharoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Hello,

While we hope to simulate the Cobra someday (as well as the F-4E), it's not on our immediate production plan. Our current production for new aircraft is the P-47D, Mi-24, and Mosquito. Between these and supporting exiting aircraft, we are already very, very, very busy. When the guys at BST were moved back to the mothership, former BST project plans had to be revaluated. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks
Disappointing. Been after Vietnam era aircraft for a long time.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #24
Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
yeah my utterly baseless speculation must be true if i copypasta it enough times
In my bizarre alternate universe, I thought there might be people that were interested in either the AH-1, or the F-4, but not both, and so might not read both threads (personally I could care less about the AH-1 (waiting eagerly for the Hind ;-), and only posted in this thread by accident, but there you go...).

Ridiculous thought I know - obviously every reader of the Forums reads every post in every thread....
Old 10-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #25
MOHAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Hello,

While we hope to simulate the Cobra someday (as well as the F-4E), it's not on our immediate production plan. Our current production for new aircraft is the P-47D, Mi-24, and Mosquito. Between these and supporting exiting aircraft, we are already very, very, very busy. When the guys at BST were moved back to the mothership, former BST project plans had to be revaluated. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks

Without being a dick, I would like to know a little bit more about the "politics" involved in making those desicions. At least I have never read a statment like: "Ah, damn it, we need more WWII planes"

Instead the modules I read the most requests about are getting delayed and delayed. Makes no sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm convinced that there are a lot of people for WWII planes as well, but I bet they are not the the majority.

I just feel a lack of communication when it comes to new modules, maps, or whatever. It's always like: "ok, here is a little something to get you guys excited, but we will see what we do with it." Whats missing are clear statements and a clear roadmap of whats to come in the near (or distant) future.

There are so many modules in development, every developer is talking through different channels, facebook, blogs - you name it. You get Infos from ten different sources and can than figure it out by yourself and take an educated guess on whats going to happen.

If I could have a wish @Eagle Dynamics or @Wags - Get all those third party developer at one table, work out a roadmap and f.... stick to it.

I guess there is little more the community wants more that simply not beeing left in the bloody dark.

Support your local Getränkemarkt
MOHAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #26
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHAB View Post
If I could have a wish @Eagle Dynamics or @Wags - Get all those third party developer at one table, work out a roadmap and f.... stick to it.

I guess there is little more the community wants more that simply not beeing left in the bloody dark.
Remember someone has build some of them from some years ago.....
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #27
MOHAB

Yes. But its unofficial again. ED has to release something like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm shure that was a lot of work, but I missing official statements. Something that is reliable and not mostly build on guesswork, because I found that "is it, is it not" very confusing.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by MOHAB; 10-23-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #28
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Yes. But its unofficial again. ED has to release something like that.
They're working on it:
Quote:
In the past, modules sort of faded through phases of being supported very actively to support getting sparser. While I think this is a natural consequence of modules costing a finite amount of money, do you see a way of making it more transparent to users how long these phases last and what phase a module is currently in?
Wags: We are working on a public tracking page that will allow users to view the status of each product, items being worked on, and our best date projections. We hope this level of transparency will remove the mystery of product states and general direction of the company and its workload for both modules and core engine.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 10-23-2019 at 10:59 AM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:43 AM   #29
MOHAB

Good to know. I just don't get why thats not been done long ago. I my view thats an excel list that needs to be updated once a month by an office worker who calls everyone simply asking: "How's it going?". In the words of mastermind Jeremy Clarkson: How hard can it be?

Old 10-23-2019, 10:56 AM   #30
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Quote:
Something that is reliable and not mostly build on guesswork

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 10-23-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Silver_Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote