First impressions of the Viper EA - Page 19 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 08:37 AM   #181
Snappy
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatikus View Post
What I wanted to point out is that if ED re-adjusts some values per request or whatever is the reason, if these are not synced across the modules, one ends with totally skewed relative performance.

I.e. if thrust is altered in one and not the other you end in situation that does not reflect reality at all and end result can be even worse than some fsims that do not advertise themself to be as realsims because while numbers are off there, they still achive proper relative difference which is present in real life.
What exactly do you mean by „synced across the modules“?
Can you give an example?


Snappy.
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #182
Eaglewings
Senior Member
 
Eaglewings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
What exactly do you mean by „synced across the modules“?
Can you give an example?


Snappy.
It would be enlightening to know more on this. From my perspective, I feel every module should have a distinct FM and tweaking with one to get it as close to contractually acceptable and realistic value should not affect other modules whose FM is already good.
Or am I getting the whole point wrongly?
Eaglewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #183
26-J39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatikus View Post
What I wanted to point out is that if ED re-adjusts some values per request or whatever is the reason, if these are not synced across the modules, one ends with totally skewed relative performance.

I.e. if thrust is altered in one and not the other you end in situation that does not reflect reality at all and end result can be even worse than some fsims that do not advertise themself to be as realsims because while numbers are off there, they still achive proper relative difference which is present in real life.

Nineline gave you the answer to your question straight forward and to the point. But to elaborate, all flight models in DCS are developed as best ED can true to real life performance. The exception is the F/A-18 where some characteristics have been tweaked AS PER REQUEST BY BOEING. These are minor tweaks AFAIK. If you have a further invested interest in this maybe probe Boeing directly about the reasons why, ED are bound to this contract or say good bye to the F/A-18 module as a whole. Which do you prefer?
26-J39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #184
Snappy
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewings View Post
It would be enlightening to know more on this. From my perspective, I feel every module should have a distinct FM and tweaking with one to get it as close to contractually acceptable and realistic value should not affect other modules whose FM is already good.
Or am I getting the whole point wrongly?
No you are getting the point completely right and I agree with you.
But Vatikus (if I understood him correctly) seemed to imply some different philosophy, thats why I asked what he meant by „syncing“.

That non-withstanding, I can understand thats its frustrating if someone feels a specific module is overpowered ( not even as a whole, maybe only in a certain part of the envelope) but you can‘t check it ,because there are no real world numbers or diagramms publicly available or published for that specific flight regime.

But few things in life are perfect,so..


Kind regards,

Snappy

Last edited by Snappy; 10-11-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #185
metzger
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
No you are getting the point completely right and I agree with you.
But Vatikus (if I understood him correctly) seemed to imply some different philosophy, thats why I asked what he meant by „syncing“.


Kind regards,


Snappy
I believe what he means is that relative differences in performance between the different AC in DCS to remain similar in comparison to irl. I might be wrong tho
__________________
metzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #186
Solty
Senior Member
 
Solty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,691
Default

I don't understand why people are so negative about this plane in particular. Some even saying it's the most unpolished plane of all early access. I do not agree with that. I think it's far better now than 109 when it was released.

109K4 had problems with cockpit that had see through holes, FM that had no forces on control surfaces which made it roll like a 190 and turn on its rudder, its wings snapped off at 8G and had a DM of a tank which still persists albeit not to the same extent.

So if you compare it to F16 which is a much more complex aircraft, I don't think F16 is as bad as people say. I'm having fun flying it and I think ED communicated well the fact that it's an Early Access and even showed all available systems at launch and provided description of what is to come.

I usually hate Early Access, but this one I knew what I was going into.

With that said I think DM should be prioritized for new features, unless it's going to have the same new complex DM as prop planes are supposed to get, then I'm fine with waiting a bit more.
__________________
In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.