MIG 29

VMFA-Blaze

This was the first aircraft that I flew when I started out in Flanker all of those years ago. This was my first love and to this day the lines of this plane are beautiful.

I've waited patiently for the chance to fly the Hornet with the clickable cockpit. So its finally here and its truly astounding.

I now decided to go back to my first love the MiG. So today I purchased the module to fly with a clickable cockpit.

I installed it into DCS. But the clickable cockpit isn't there. And even the graphics are from the older module.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something?

Any feed back that you guys can offer would be great...

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

The update was never meant to bring the 29 to full fidelity unfortunately. It was just an updated flight model and new external model.

Edited by Repth
I shouldn't describe it as "just" and updated model and PFM. That was a heck of a lot of work.

The update was never meant to bring the 29 to full fidelity unfortunately. It was just an updated flight model and new external model.

that's what I thought . Hopefully it will happen some day. Thank you for confirming this

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Hello VMFA-Blaze,

@Repth is right.

Eagle Dynamics / DCS has evolved a lot since the early days.

I myself bougth Lock On in 2003 (and Flanker 2.0 before that), and had to catch up a few years ago.

The MiG-29 :

Is part of a "lot" of more simplified aircraft, that can also be found at the Flaming Cliffs 3 product.

One can see Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) as an "heir" of Lock On.

FC3 does have: MiG-29 (3 variants); Su-27; Su-33; Su-25; Su-25T ; F-15 and A-10A.

All of them are simplified aircraft, without clickable cockpit, and to some extent with simplified features.

The Hornet :

Is a "full fidelity" module; these kind of modules are different from the aircraft at FC3 (even if these can be bought separately - like MiG-29 you bought).

The full fidelity module aircrafts do have clickable cockpits, and as much as possible features, with very high fidelity characteristics and details.

So, aircraft like: Hornet; MiG-21Bis; M-2000C; AJS-37; propellers; helicopters; etc - essentialy every AC that doesn't bellong to the FC3 product, are full fidelity.

Down a little bit there's the "Licensed Third Party Projects", which are full fidelity modules also.

https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php

Usefull reading:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93704

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I installed it into DCS. But the clickable cockpit isn't there. And even the graphics are from the older module.

It's not a fully simulated module like the A-10 or F-18, was never advertised as such. It's an update for Flaming Cliffs, the same kind that the F-15, A-10A, Su-25, Su-27/33 already received.

As for graphics, the cockpit was replaced and retextured, and the flight model was completely overhauled. The external model was replaced I think about a year ago, currently it is the highest polycount aircraft in the game. There's nothing "from the older module" here.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

TJ...

Actually I really didn't read the entire script. although I thought that it was rather cheap in comparison to the Hornet or Harrier. After the installation I thought it was strange that I couldn't flip any switches, I was as almost positive that clickable cockpits weren't available here. I really needed to confirm this, So thank you for your help..

I hope that it doesn't take as long to implement the Mig as it did the F/A-18.. LOL

Blaze

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

TJ...

Actually I really didn't read the entire script. although I thought that it was rather cheap in comparison to the Hornet or Harrier. After the installation I thought it was strange that I couldn't flip any switches, I was as almost positive that clickable cockpits weren't available here. I really needed to confirm this, So thank you for your help..

I hope that it doesn't take as long to implement the Mig as it did the F/A-18.. LOL

Blaze

No big deal, in my opinion several aircraft still are more than enjoyable to fly and fight, even being simplified models.

Don't know if you are aware of, but the MiG-29 you just bought has recently gained a new life - it received a Professional Flight Model, something that was long overdue.

It means that, the MiG is now able to turn, maneuver, accelerate better, as it should - more closely to the real world, and more realistically like the lethal dogfighter it is.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB