Su-25T vibrations on the ground and seemingly weak nose gear...

umkhunto

I disagree. Looks just fine to me. Go fly a shaky plane and try to focus on a needle. Reflections are spot on.

Look at the pilot. He shakes too in the video...lol

And do you hear all the noise when the nose gear touches down? I think Ed should make it rougher.

I DO fly. The needle may be hard to see because the PLANE shakes slightly during low speed taxi (you can still read the instruments, only during takeoff is there enough vibration for this to even matter), but I can see OUTSIDE just fine, because the PLANET is not shaking. Your view is not like a camera bolted to the dash, full stop. That's not debatable. What you're saying is literally as ridiculous as claiming you couldn't read the instruments in your car on a paved surface at 10-15mph..... YEAH. YOU CAN. Even with shot suspension.

The reflection is not a reflection, it's a texture overlay. It has always been there, but used to be more faint. What you're seeing is a result of the engine change. ED did not ''do it spot on'' because they didn't ''do it'' like that in the first place. It looks the way it does, including the flat shadows and off lighting in the rest of the cockpit and the weird lighting on the external model because it has not been updated to the new engine yet. That's also not debatable. It is SPECIFICALLY why old models and cockpits are being updated, because the textures are wonky with the new rendering engine. It's not a ''feature'', it's an outdated texture.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The interesting thing is that the amount of shaking, other than taxi speed, seems to depend on which airfield you’re at. Yesterday I was taxiing at Mozdok and wondering what all the fuss was about. Later I was online at Senaki and knew. The vibrations, etc were much much worse.Wondering if maybe it was an online thing, I checked Senaki in SP. Yup. Very noticeable shaking and vibration.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Zukhov...The Russian fields are known for broken concrete due to the extreme weather. Did you try it on say Nevada or Persian Gulf maps....Maybe it's smoother over there on those.

your car instruments are more dampened and less sensitive than those airplane gauges by the way.

It doesn't matter in 3d how you create an effect as long as it looks real. The reflection texture looks very real to me.

Edited by Zeagle

Again, the shaking during taxiing is exactly how a tire failure looks/feels like IRL.

The link for the real video doesn't provide a usable comparison since the camera is apparently riggid attached to the canopy.

Maybe as Ironhand wrote, there's a difference between SP and MP. I can't tell because I never do MP.

That said, in your DCS video the shaking is also unrealistic. Even on runways with rough surfaces the bumps should occur at a much lower frequency.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Maybe as Ironhand wrote, there's a difference between SP and MP. I can't tell because I never do MP.

That said, in your DCS video the shaking is also unrealistic. Even on runways with rough surfaces the bumps should occur at a much lower frequency.

Guess I wasn’t clear enough. It’s just the opposite—online is NOT a factor. It’s the airfield that matters. My experience at Senaki both online and SP were very different from, say, Mozdok.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

bbrz you don't know what you're missing man. You can come fly with me on my server. MP is amazing. I don't fly the Su-25 much nowadays. I'm training myself on the F-5 in preparation for the F-16. But I will fly the Su-25 in some coop missions. I love that plane.

Guess I wasn’t clear enough. It’s just the opposite—online is NOT a factor. It’s the airfield that matters. My experience at Senaki both online and SP were very different from, say, Mozdok.

Have to try ASAP when I'm back home.

@Zeagle. thanx for the offer, :) but I guess that after a few decades of RW flying I simply enjoy to have to whole sky for me and not having to communicate with anyone ;)

Well you are welcome anytime my friend. Actually anyone here is. I have had at most 3 or 4 pilots on at any given time. Mostly just 1...me. I really like working on the mission editor and may even jump into LUA programming later.

The scenario on the server was actually designed for me to practice air-to-ground missions. You can fly on there without communication. And you can just train on there as well. Currently I am trying to get the dynamic weather to do what I want.

...Currently I am trying to get the dynamic weather to do what I want.

:) Good luck.

I suppose the degree of success depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

_____

My experience at Senaki both online and SP were very different from, say, Mozdok.

Just tried taxiing (SP) the Su-25 and the Su-25T (100% fuel. no external load) on the runways in Senaki and Mozdok.

On both runways the shock struts nicely filter the uneven runways and you have the expected slow frequency rocking motion.

But in both cases you additionally get the very high frequency, 'tire failure like', minimal but nevertheless annoying camera shake.

The camera shake is the issue, not the rocking plane (which is perfectly fine). The issue is, afaik, this doesn't affect other aircraft, just the frogs. I.e. it's not a 'feature of runway quality'. If it was, it would apply to all aircraft. Only an unpaved gravel road at high speed would introduce that much vibration. Taxiing at 10-15mph should not, even if the surface IS ''that rough''.

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 3 years later...

Oh, man. I believe this is one of the oldest - if not THE oldest - issue that HAUNTS the Frogfoot (and yes, it's ONLY the Frogfoots - both the A and the T variants). I've been complaining about this for literally YEARS now. It's too much for me. It's gotten to a point that this is infuriating now.

And we're talking about the ENTRY LEVEL DCS aircraft. EVERY SINGLE NEW DCS PLAYER will have their first impressions on the simulator with this aircraft. Eagle Dynamics MUST do something about this issue.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.6GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB | HyperX Fury 16GB RAM @2666MHz | ASUS Prime B-350 Plus | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W PSU | Kingston UV400 120GB SSD | 1.25TB HDD Total | NZXT Phantom Black Full-Tower ATX Case | Saitek-Mad Catz F.L.Y.5 Flight Stick + Xbox 360 Controller + Keyboard + Mouse Combo for DCS | FreeTrack + PS3 Eye + 3-LED clip Combo for headtracking