1.2.8 OpenBeta is out!! Let's enjoy

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I modded in this functionality in 1.2.7, but they were not able to be moved. Has anyone checked this out in 1.2.8 yet?
As an update to my previous post, You can run around like infantry (only with MANPADS) using wasd. There is camera shake as you run too (quite a lot of it).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, version 1.2.8 is.

I know it´s all a Beta version, but in contrast to the other modules it´s designated in the main menu as "UH-1H 1.2.8 Beta".

I´d guess it´s probably because of the sling loads and the associated changes to the FM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I haven´t tried out sling loads yet, so I cant share any impressions, but wouldn´t there have to be some kind of extension or modification that allows for a differently calculated, dynamic COG which reacts to the attached load (as opposed to the "simpler" model for the UH-1H that we´ve had up until now)?

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Looking forward to hearing/seeing how the sling load works. Hopefully this is going to be available in MP as well as SP.

If one of you lucky folks not currently at work gets a chance to play around with it, do report back!

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Wow, glad I took a day off :). Downloaded it at 5Mo/s. Already fly it a couple times. It's a new plane. I crashed on my first landing ... What a shame :). But it feels really good.

There is new engine sounds too, unless It's just me.

Great update. Thanks ED

I haven´t tried out sling loads yet, so I cant share any impressions, but wouldn´t there have to be some kind of extension or modification that allows for a differently calculated, dynamic COG which reacts to the attached load (as opposed to the "simpler" model for the UH-1H that we´ve had up until now)?

I suppose the slingload has its "own FM", the output of which is simply a force vector (magnitude and direction) that acts upon the sling load anchor on the Huey. All FMs since BS have been capable of dealing with external forces being applied on pre-defined spots of the chassis, as far as i can tell.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Yihaaa

A whopping 3.9 MB/s WOW

Looking Forward to try this out tonight

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

for those who having problem with the updater change your date on your windows

i set it mine to 5/4 and i run the updater great

don't forget to switch it back unless you want to be 1 day ahead;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I suppose the slingload has its "own FM", the output of which is simply a force vector (magnitude and direction) that acts upon the sling load anchor on the Huey. All FMs since BS have been capable of dealing with external forces being applied on pre-defined spots of the chassis, as far as i can tell.

Ok, so it´s not really considered a part of the aircraft and probably activated by the new trigger function. Thanks for clarifying.

I´ll have to try this out ASAP!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

• ED Team
for those who having problem with the updater change your date on your windows

i set it mine to 5/4 and i run the updater great

don't forget to switch it back unless you want to be 1 day ahead;)

Updater changelog:

Version 2.3.8:
- check for updates once per 24 hours, unless forced

'Forced' means running "Update DCS World" shortcut, which is

DCS_updater.exe update

I'd strongly advise against changing your system date ever.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
Strangely the update stopped downloading at 1.35gb/2.02gb and started installing everything. Seems to be in working order too..

There's a bug in the progress bar - the total is uncompressed size, and the current progress - compressed (actually downloaded) size. To be fixed.

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Mine downloaded fine at a decent rate ~8MB/s

Just ran the old beta installer from scratch. Seems to run fine and load missions a bit quicker.

Haven't delved into f15 but su33 cockpit is nice and tf51 seems nice

Edited by Mewle

Intel i5 4690k

MSI GTX 970 4g gaming edition

Asus Z97k Mobo

8Gb Corsair vengeance 1866mhz

120GB Samsung 840 evo

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint hdd

Windows 10

4 channel surround

Hotas Cougar w/ 120mm machined steel extension and elite rudder pedals

DIY collective via bu0836x plus some random buttons and knobs

Cougar MFDs

Running 1920*2104 over 3 screens

Nice job!

I find that the peterp's reworked neck mod no longer needed!!!

better view FOV and angle than 1.2.7.

but eyepoint still 0.05, 0

will test w/ eyepoint change only

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

eh. I downloaded the openbeta, and clicked for it to update. it just tells me dcs has stopped working and windows is lookin for solutions.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

• ED Team
Mine downloaded fine at a decent rate

Just ran the old beta installer from scratch. Seems to run fine and load missions a bit quicker.

Yep. Old beta installer is just fine. The differences in the new installer (DCS_World_OpenBeta_web_4.exe):

- noticably smaller, about 5MB

- will install DirectX 9.0c and Visual C++ runtimes after downloading the game