DCS 1.2.5 Released, Update 2 Released

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. Great work. But one thing i don't understand. Do we have to buy the A-10A AFM? Because there is a dollar sign on the icon.

If you own fc3 then no.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thanks for the update. Great work. But one thing i don't understand. Do we have to buy the A-10A AFM? Because there is a dollar sign on the icon.

If you have Flaming Cliffs 3, the AFM for A10a will work just fine. Ignore the dollar sign next to it, as that only refers to the "Stand Alone" version.

Edited by graywo1fg

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

A-10A feels just like before. Pretty sure there is no AFM yet even though the changelog says so :/

Version 1.2.5.15586

Did you land it? That should be a quick way to be sure. If it glues itself to the runway then...:huh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Did you land it? That should be a quick way to be sure. If it glues itself to the runway then...:huh:

Best way is honestly just get in while it's in the air and hit the rudder.

Good news on update, too bad I can't for an indefinite time.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Ran DCS Updater and it installed with no hitch. Thanks ED. You da man!!

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I can confirm that the A-10A AFM is not in DCS as of this 1.2.5 patch. Either that, or something borked on my update. Or, possibly it is, I didn't do much testing. The only thing I had time to test was that it stuck to the runway like a pig. I couldn't get it to flip no matter what I did. Also, it seems to be pretty docile when compared to the A-10C. Control movement appears to be instantaneous and the stalls are not as bad as the A-10C.

I didn't fly the FC3 A-10A at all, so if something changed, I wouldn't know. At this point, however, it does not look or feel like an AFM is implemented.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Tried now the 1.2.5.. I do not see the new wing tip vortices:cry_2:

Edited by Pelmo

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

I don't know if it mean something , but my updater just stoped around 1Gb and the "patch was successfully installed " window popped up .:(

Also i can confirm that to the A-10A AFM is not working.:cry:

Update*

I didn't read the previous page prior to posting. I'll leave my original comment up out of shame.

wait...they want me to pay for the A-10A & SU-25A ?!?! I thought I bought these in FC3? I already paid for the A-10C...this is getting a tad silly.

Edited by todd022
Foot in mouth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have some missing textures in encyclopedia.. wonder if just me.

quick check -

for me:

airplanes: E-2C, KC-10A

weapons: S-8

air defense: Ranzhir

technical datas in french (Zapros radar too)

and GUI theme Su-25T = Su-25A

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Tried now the 1.2.5.. I do not see the new wing tip vortices

These weren't supposed to make 1.2.5, they just showed a few work in progress screenshots.

A "look what's coming in the future when it's ready" teaser.

Also, please read the update notes. At the very bottom. Notes 1 and 2.

Notes:

1- Earlier we had hoped to include some ATC changes in 1.2.5. However, due to some unresolved bugs and a staffing change, we were unable to complete this in time for 1.2.5.

2- We are well aware of other known item such EOS, CBU-97/105 effectiveness, countermeasure effectiveness, client control of air units in CA, game performance, etc., and they will be addressed as time and resources allow. There really is no need for, "what about..." questions.

Guys, come on. The internet isn't that hard. I know 'tl;dr' is the prevalent mentality but it's just frustrating to the people who do take the extra 5 seconds to scan the release notes to look at the upcoming changes and I'm sure it's absolutely infuriating to the people who put together the weekly updates to see every little teaser taken out of context to mean "this will absolutely without question be in the next update".

Were wingtip vortices mentioned at any point in the release notes? No? There's probably a very very good chance they weren't planned for inclusion this time around.

xvVAhkZ.jpg

I'm not trying to be mean, but please exercise some common courtesy and decency before posting.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

• Added checkbox to save custom views in the OPTIONS - MISC page.?

:helpsmilie: • Added checkbox to save custom views in the OPTIONS - MISC page. ?HOW ? :cry:

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]