03 and 07 May 2013 Updates

Hey, just give me that dead horse, I make a mean horsemeat goulash.

Do you work for Tesco by any chance?

All right I'm sorry but I had to go there. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you work for Tesco by any chance?

:megalol:

Well that did not take long at all :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Goulash is pretty tasty. Though honestly, I am quite fine with FC3 planes and would love if the flight models (specifically the F-15C) got some love. I think an incremental upgrade plan like this would honestly be for the better. I tend to think this way for a couple of reasons:

1. It isn't hurting anyone. This release pattern isn't threatening anyone's interests.

2. It isn't delaying anything. Since these modules (err.. F-15C at the very least) are planning on getting the full DCS treatment at some point in the future, really what we are getting is a "roadmap snapshot". This is very exciting for me, as it means that we will be getting more of what we want earlier, even if it comes in a less complete form. This doesn't mean that we will be seeing the DCS F-15C any later, it just means that we get to play with it EARLIER.

3. It's going to be both less expensive, and less of a hassle. Yes, that means more new people. "Oh, but why don't they just get DCS xxx?" Well, the real shocker is that they don't want to. Most people don't want the complexity of the systems, of having to learn how to work things. No, they want to be able to quickly fly around and blow stuff up. They aren't like you, and they aren't kids. They may be misguided, but that doesn't make them any less interested in paying for a somewhat less complex sim. And why not let them? If it isn't interfering with you, then why not let them do whatever they want?

If you are still complaining at this point, then you clearly do not understand something. ED is not giving us the middle finger. In fact, they are communicating more than ever before. They are trying to appeal their brand to more people. And better yet, they aren't doing it at the expense of any of the existing market base (i.e. DCS fans).

So please, do not ruin this wealth of renewed communication and updates by feeling slighted, as I am sure that this is not what's going on.

Furthermore, if a few of a company's releases do not suit you, feel free to not buy them.

Cheers,

Pyro

• Like 1

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I´m not complain at all, i´m very happy with the introduction of AFM to Eagles and Flankers earlier.

But my intention to buy FC3 would have changed if i knew this before.

I expect some little extra love and care to FC3 owners.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

He think he is saying it would be awesome if DCS have it own in game voice system, eg, using the VHF/UHF radios.
That's what I would want at least, in-game voice communication that uses the radio systems in each aircraft.

It should also model things such as signal strength, terrain blocking, attenuation and more.

I don't think we need completely correct models for this, but just enough so that it seems real.

It would be more fun, and it could also be a strength in multiplayer if one team is better at using the in-game comms, unless the other team cheats and uses TS ;)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

it would be nice to have in game voice comms via the FM/AM Radios. So if you're not on the same Freq. you're gonna be able to communicate.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So if you're not on the same Freq. you're gonna be able to communicate.

In what way would that be even remotely realistic? If your not going to be on the same frequency then what are you simulating?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

it would be nice to have in game voice comms via the FM/AM Radios.

Isn't there a mod for integrating TS3 with the in-game radios somehow? But apart from that, I don't see how you could prohibite team players using TS for voice comms, regardless of what DCS and/or mission makers enforce. Or did I completely miss your meaning there?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

It should also model things such as signal strength, terrain blocking, attenuation and more.

This part already gets done. :)

Though of course, good question whether the same code can be used for real-time-comms. Hopefully.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I must say...I cannot wait to see more about the AFM for the flanker. WOW!! Just imagine...that ED render where the flanker taxis more realistically than the current DCS world. :D WHEE!! :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

There is something important though here, see these statements:

- "LOFI" development does impact hifi development.

- "LOFI" development does not impact hifi development.

- "LOFI" development does not necessarily impact hifi development.

In this specific case:

Step 1: We have the new F-15C pit. Keeps simple systems and SFM.

Step 2: Develop AFM. Release an F-15C that keeps simple systems but has SFM.

Step 3: Develop the rest.

The logic one needs to use if proposing that the mentioned products will "delay" hifi modules thereof would also require that development of the F-15C pit for FC3 also "delayed" hifi module thereof - but how can that be so when that pit is prepped and ready for said hifi module?

If the proposal was to make and release a "mid-level" (non-clickable but AFM) AT-802U, then yes - THEN it would be reasonable to assume this might delay hifi F-15C's. But some serious contortions of logic are required to see an F-15C AFM being developed and then say "but this will delay an A-10C level simulation of the F-15C". That is one heck of a logical somersault. :P

Your arguments are only valid when we're dealing with transferable work and you know perfectly well that not all work is transferable. Now we're discussing '27 and '15 for DCS vs FC so obviously these are the same machines but I also remember claims that X does not delay Y from the past, when X and Y were not about the same machines.

Even with the same machines in the works not all work is transferable and ED clearly does not have enough resources to throw around, e.g. even if the same machines are to be implemented in DCS and FC, there's still... testing.

Even when I'm outright wrong so far it still weird that ED is fine without knowing what their customers really want (ED doesn't know whether a person buying FC3 wants to play FC3 or just supports ED). Especially in the 'big data' times when any bank would like to know whether you like busty brunes or skinny gingers, so they can use the information to tailor their '''''''''products''''''''' to you.

Even when I'm outright wrong so far it still weird that ED is fine without knowing what their customers really want (ED doesn't know whether a person buying FC3 wants to play FC3 or just supports ED).

This is all the more an argument towards the insignificance of hardcore simmers compared to FC clientele, numberwise.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hi Bucic.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1753897&postcount=755

From earlier in this thread. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Gateway modules...

Taking the F-15C/SU-27 and Separating them from LockOn/FC3,

Giving them their Own Module Binaries, And AFM is a Step to the DCS Fidelity Modules.

So,

FC3, SFM+LockONScript Systems

Fighter For DCSWorld, Individual Binaries+AFM+LockOnScript Systems

DCS Fighter, Individual Binaris+AFM+High Fidelity Systems+Clickable Pits.

The F-15C/SU-27 Modules are part of the Progression to the DCS Modules.

Given that FC3 is doing the best sales wise, and there are still people holding out because they only want to fly 1 of the fighters,

or they are not able to acquire a legal copy of LockOn because of region restrictions.

They are offering the F-15C/SU-27 Modules separately.

It's Win-Win for ED. More Customers can Fly the planes without the LockOn Hassle, and More revenue coming in to apply to development of DCS Fighter.

The Simple Answer is, if you dont want it, dont buy it.

AFM Alone is worth $15-20... but the pricing hasnt been released yet, but either way, I support ED and DCS Development, so, F-5C+AFM, I'll be buyin' it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

if you dont want it, dont buy it.

That's the way I do things.

Admittedly, every World module released thus far has had something I wanted to at least try, so I bought them all. I think Combined Arms took me the longest between beta release and purchase (apart from A-10, but I didn't have a PC to run it)

I'm just saying that situations weren't always like in the 'Su-27 FC > Su-27 DCS' case and won't always be.

Hi Bucic.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1753897&postcount=755

From earlier in this thread. ;)

That's where I agree with you! :)

I'm out. I surely find more serious culprits in ED products than release scheduling.

I think the future looks good. I know ED are doing what's best, but just to play devil's advocate... heck, why not make a game similar to Air Combat 5 for the PC to generate funds. Why not just make a First Person Shooter?

I think the answer is you can still make money in a niche market. People will pay for what they want. I like what is going here. ED have a passion for Flight Sims. That is why they are not making an Aircombat like game or FPS.

You could wait for a DCS level fighter, with nothing new while you wait, and no funds for ED. Even better though is releasing things like AFM for F-15/Su-27. The work can go towards DCS F-18, it generates funds for ED, and something new for us while we wait. It is a win-win situation for sure. The wait is still hard though :)

• Like 1