A-10C Mini Campaign: Operation Save Badger (SP & MP)

• 1 month later...

• Voices: Yes, for jtac badger. Tried to improve voice acting depending on situation, calm or intense. Also tried using a program for text to speech for commander, I think it worked well

Quirkitized,

COuld you share which text to voice program you had used for this? The results are incredible imho! Did you simply switch settings to get intense emotional or calm normal speaking? Voice acting and good script completely make this campaign, and knowing that the voices were synthesized and not pro actors... Ingenious!:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm it seems like ATC comms is broken in mission 3 and 4.

I am still on 1.2.8

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by sUrge0n

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished your Campaign, it was alot of fun, great voice acting and background noises in the comunications, made it really inmersive! Thankyou very much.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 4 months later...

We played the entire MP version this afternoon with 3 hogs, incredible fun (once again; must be the fifth time or so I flew the campaign)! :thumbup:

But there was a slight problem: In mission 3 I (host) wasn't able to contact Badger for the initial coordinates; the F10 radio option was present but no matter how often I activated it, Badger wouldn't reply. Restarted the mission, this time I took the lead slot and it worked okay.

Same problem in mission 4 even though I was in the lead-slot. We were actually going to call it a day and divert to Nalchik when all of a sudden Badger called in and tasked us with destroying the road block so we could finish the mission, but until that point we'd wasted some 15 or so minutes.

Anyone else experience this and/or know a workaround?

• 11 months later...

Haven't run these in a while, but I would expect that they do.

Most of the old co-op missions from 1.2 still work provided they are built entirely within the ME and do not use custom .lua; where you'll find you run into trouble are the large scale multiplayer affairs which tend to incorporate a lot of custom code.

I played missions 1 & 2 multi player yesterday on latest 1.5.3 openbeta serverand and both worked fine.

Only thing was that network datalink was not setup, had to do it manually.

Edited by escaner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have uploaded a video with mission 1 mp, in case someone is interested.

Of course, spoiler alert. :music_whistling:

Looks like it does not work embedded, so there goes the link:

Edited by escaner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

WIngmem is useless which makes the mission impossible.

If I say attack with guided bombs he answers "roger" then "rejoin" and then "rtb" and does nothing. If I directly tell flight attack air defences, 2 make some passes with bombs and then goes for rockets even when still has bombs and they shot him down, and 3 stuck at running in and out without shooting :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Awesome Campaign, but the third mission is impossible :(

Have you trips?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S.O: Win 64bit

MB: ASUSTek TUF GAMING X570P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 Core

GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB

HD: Sabrent SSD 1TB

RAM: DDR4 32 GB 1600Mhz

Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

Awesome Campaign, but the third mission is impossible :(

Have you trips?

Thanks for bumping this :thumbup:

I've been looking for good missions / campaigns for the A10C, but as the module has been out for a while it's difficult to find the good content that stilll works.

This seems very interesting - can't wait.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

How is this campaign doing on the new Caucasus map? Any issues?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

I really love this campaign, but I just finished mission three and if it weren't for my AI wingmen I don't think I would've. It's kinda nuts that a JTAC would mark a target using WP at night, no? I couldn't tell what was burning smoke or WP smoke, I couldn't even tell if there was smoke until I was within a mile and a half of the target area, and I ended up shooting one of the Pig HMMVs by accident. IMO a laser mark (whether for the TGP or NVGs), or at least MGRS coords, would've been much more effective. I don't see how type 3 control would be valid under that much darkness and precipitation and at danger close.

There's a few bugs too involving AI wingmen not engaging assigned targets and choosing to RTB instead, or your ready to copy instruction not disappearing from the F10 menu even when you get another one (leaving you with up to 3 options that state 'ready to copy').

Still... my favorite campaign. Nothing else in DCS has come this close to feeling like CAS. The acting has a lot to do with that. Mad props, I hope you find the time to iron out some of the kinks.