F18 Warthog panel

Glider_UK

Hi Guys,

Its been a long time!

Just showing replacement Warthog Panel for the F/A18 that I have created.

I have been away for along time, some of you may remember I used to do cockpit panels.

panel.jpg

Edited by Glider_UK

http://www.modeldesigns.co.uk

Mobo Asus Maximus XI RAM:64GB DDR4 CPU:Intel I9 9900 Nvidia 2080TI WIN10 64Bit HP Reverb

For some reason this is not showing up for me - very "out of focus" - can you re-link to the photo, I am very interested in this!

Same. Just a blur.

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

Clear now

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

Yes I am going to start selling them this week.

Just setting them up on my site.

They will be £18 +VAT +P&P

Every button can be customized to your requirements, within the restriction of space.

I suggest that you do research before hand to make sure the button can me mapped correctly.

I have had quite a lot of PM's about them already.

Pics of them fitted

20190904-191058.jpg

20190904-191051.jpg

20190904-191241.jpg

Edited by Glider_UK

Mobo Asus Maximus XI RAM:64GB DDR4 CPU:Intel I9 9900 Nvidia 2080TI WIN10 64Bit HP Reverb

They are now up on my site. Please see below.

Thanks for the interest

https://www.modeldesigns.co.uk/panels

Small heads up. The picture on your website is blurry. Might want to take a look at that.

All in all a very nice idea by the way. Although I think it's a waste to have heater buttons bound on the HOTAS, as one barely uses them, but of course that's just my opinion (I for instance have those buttons bound as autopilot). Not that I'd read them anyways flying VR only. But still, looks nice :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Small heads up. The picture on your website is blurry. Might want to take a look at that.

All in all a very nice idea by the way. Although I think it's a waste to have heater buttons bound on the HOTAS, as one barely uses them, but of course that's just my opinion (I for instance have those buttons bound as autopilot). Not that I'd read them anyways flying VR only. But still, looks nice :thumbup:

All the buttons are customizable, its just for demonstration proposes.

I'll take a look at the image, thankyou

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update,

The Throttle panel is no longer one aircraft specific, they are now fully customisable at the point of purchase. Just tell me how you want the switches labeled all for the same price.

Thanks you very much to everyone that has already purchased it.

I am currently doing an F-16 replacement panel for myself. I will post a pic once completed.

Mark

Do the throttle levers detach at the bottom or will the grips need to be removed, in order to swap the panels?

No, all you need to do is move right throttle to full and left to idle, slide the panel in then opposite to fit. You don't need to remove anything. I'll do a quick video to show the fitting and put it here.

Mark

I think the idea is that you decide on how you want to map your TM WH throttle switches to the F16, check that they all work and then request a panel with the appropriate labels against the associated switches, using the form on the order page.

damn good idea

@Glider_UK, maybe you could change the name of the thread to replace the "F18" with "Bespoke" or something like that?

Edited by Greyman

I think the idea is that you decide on how you want to map your TM WH throttle switches to the F16, check that they all work and then request a panel with the appropriate labels against the associated switches, using the form on the order page.

damn good idea

1+:clap_2:

Supreme leader

damn good idea

@Glider_UK, maybe you could change the name of the thread to replace the "F18" with "Bespoke" or something like that?

Great idea, don't know if I can rename the thread. I will start a new one once I post my F-16 Pic

@Kim Greyman explained it perfectly.

AWESOME idea!

Maybe it's possible to implement an input box per switch/button, because some are single throw toggles, buttons and double row toggles?

Great Idea, I can't see any reason why not.

Nice to chat to you again MTFDarkEagle, been along time.:thumbup:

Great Idea, I can't see any reason why not.

Nice to chat to you again MTFDarkEagle, been along time.:thumbup:

Awesome! I'll need to make a few designs for this :music_whistling:

Indeed! It has been a while. Hope you're holding up okay in your neck of the woods :thumbup::pilotfly:

Glider UK

A couple of questions, before I place an order.

What are the plates made of, and how thick?

Also, what glider do you fly? I used to have a Phoebus B1, then a Libelle 201B. Too old to fly in real life, anymore. That’s why I’m in simulators, now.

Cheers,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.