[FW 190D-9] "Brown 4" 7./JG26 - WIP

Krupi

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it definitely grey/green on the wings?

The profile I am using has the tail piece brown, but then they use the same for camo for Brown 18 so it might not be as good...

Will rework it your profile :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Well i think it´s quite difficult to be sure about true colours from this timeframe so pick up your favourite combination.

Only when a real well known aircraft skin is documented you must paint it that way, so any version is valid from my point of view. Also you can see not only the colours but the wing pattern could be different.

I will like more the Brown - Grey - Green mix but its up to you to choose.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hello,

here is another camo reconstruction.

Capture_zps2d1d3644.jpg

Capture1_zpsb1679714.jpg

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

UPDATE SEE POST #1

A few things need to be corrected, number font etc...

I could use some help trying to find that font type.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Much much better ¡¡

Maybe the brown must be not so dark, less chocolate.... And the yellow strip below the engine is missing in the pics i´ve found but i like it.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Nice to have it in the future. Great stuff. Yes, the yellow undercowling was missing.

Its funny, there are some different camouflage schemes out there. I think i have one or two orig photos. I will search for them but i cant defenitly not say wich color it was.

Have the Eduard kit too.

I'm starting to think about matcha icecream :)

Matcha_ice_cream.jpg

Very nice paintscheme.

Would soften the cream colour a bit, and use font type "Blockschrift für Flugzeuge"; http://www.dafont.com/blockschrift-fur-fl.font?text=4%3D-&psize=l.

Also use the empty "Balkenkreuz", to optimize camo effect.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Much much better ¡¡

Maybe the brown must be not so dark, less chocolate.... And the yellow strip below the engine is missing in the pics i´ve found but i like it.

Hmm, that is the lightest brown RLM 81 I can find... I will keep looking...

Project IX Cockpit

I'm starting to think about matcha icecream :)

Matcha_ice_cream.jpg

Very nice paintscheme.

Would soften the cream colour a bit, and use font type "Blockschrift für Flugzeuge"; http://www.dafont.com/blockschrift-fur-fl.font?text=4%3D-&psize=l.

Also use the empty "Balkenkreuz", to optimize camo effect.

:megalol:

I am trying to find a more adequate Font but I can only find the same one that you posted :(

I have DIN1451 already installed, if I modify that one slightly it would work :)

Project IX Cockpit

Good spot, are we sure that is WR 500647?

If it is I will just use the DIN1451 that I used on the wheel covers :D

Project IX Cockpit

That's an interesting color combination. The colors do not look like the typical Luftwaffe colors, but more like those colors used by German tanks (Rotbraun, Olivgrün, and Elfenbein). Would be nice to know why those colors were chosen.

Awesome skin, btw. Can't wait to fly it.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ok here goes

fcL9MAv.jpg

4 on the fuselage is the one in this picture the weird looking 4 is wrong.

npACsDL.jpg

4 on the mudguards look like this picture.

Numbers are not regular so impossible to find but hey look here

bQVXaiy.jpg

Good luck :)

Well now that makes 4 different versions of the font :huh:

Thanks for the info :)

Project IX Cockpit

UPDATE #2

Fuselage Cross Corrected

Numbering Corrected

2014_08_24_00044.jpg

Fantastic! Can't wait! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So do we have any history on why the livery looks like it does (hotch-potch color scheme)? Curious to find out.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Tail is from a Ta 152, it should be a large one ;)

I think the engine had to be replaced... etc It would be nice to get some more info

Project IX Cockpit

Okay so I am trying to figure out what to do about the numbers, I tried to up scale the numbers that Mainstay posted but my GIMP skills are not good enough to do a satisfactory job.

While I am fine tuning everything, what do we have on the Undersurface?

From my source it says....

Front half RLM 75 Gray-Violet, Rear half Natural Metal...

Project IX Cockpit