=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Takeoff assist and auto rudder are disabled on Burning Skies. I require constant rudder during takeoff and landing for the P-51, A-8, and 109.

I don't know about the Spit or Dora though. I don't have the Dora, and I haven't flown the Spitfire on BS in ages.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spit needs dancing on the pedals, that means assist is set to off :)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

eekz, take off assist is active on your server. Is this intended?

Fox

Fly the FW190-A8 by chance? After looking at the OPTIONS file for Burning skies, found that the Anton was the only one to have assistance on.

From the mission's OPTIONS file:

["FW-190A8"] =

{

["assistance"] = 100,

["CPLocalList"] = "default",

["autoRudder"] = false,

}, -- end of ["FW-190A8"]

This is NOT set in the mission editor, yet these options are put in there from the mission creators settings. Anyone know why?

Fly the FW190-A8 by chance? After looking at the OPTIONS file for Burning skies, found that the Anton was the only one to have assistance on.

From the mission's OPTIONS file:

["FW-190A8"] =

{

["assistance"] = 100,

["CPLocalList"] = "default",

["autoRudder"] = false,

}, -- end of ["FW-190A8"]

This is NOT set in the mission editor, yet these options are put in there from the mission creators settings. Anyone know why?

If the mission creator has this option enabled in his settings, then this setting is enabled in the mission. You can only disable it by disabling the setting then saving the mission again.

Its a very old "feature" of DCS.

And yes, I only tried it with the Anton.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

If the mission creator has this option enabled in his settings, then this setting is enabled in the mission. You can only disable it by disabling the setting then saving the mission again.

Its a very old "feature" of DCS.

And yes, I only tried it with the Anton.

Fox

If it is an INTENDED feature, it should be part of the Mission Editor options to include or not. That I do not have an issue with. Options are good!

You can also go into that options file and simply remove those "personal" settings altogether. that way the server is not forcing an option one way or the other, IF it does not want to. Again, this should be in the ME to chose to do, just like all of the other options IMHO.

But I digress, this is not Burning Skies issue, other than to adjust for if they want assistance on or off (or clean it out of the options file so its the clients option that matters).

ANYONE HELP cant find Burning skies server anywere.

It’s hasn’t been updated to the latest beta release. If you updated it won’t show in your server list. Unfortunately, a lot of us are waiting for the server to update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was playing on BS even two days ago, and it was there then. My DCS is up to date.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm wonder, does the Burning Skies website, when tracking statistics, look at a player's account or their player name? I shot down someone with name "XYZ", go into the stats and it's someone else (who tbh I'm surprised I gunned down).

Also, is there going to be another sort of event thing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

I think it used to be done by user name, but guys kept changing names and causing Eekz problems so I believe he changed it to track by computer IP address, so that name changes could be done without causing any issues.

Hi all, I was just on the server and had a nice little flight with a few mustangs. I apologize, as my team speak was not on. I did not have much time at that moment, and was surprised to see a wingman on my right wing, Well done! then he put a few holes in my right wing, and we started a little "mock" dogfight. I got to get my team speak working on Burning Skies again.... I am going through the new controller blues.... my plane is on the field, but I have to eat dinner, I hope to be back.

Edit: Campbell, I believe that may have been me... my wing was still there, but had many holes

Edited by Andy1966

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all, I was just on the server and had a nice little flight with a few mustangs. I apologize, as my team speak was not on. I did not have much time at that moment, and was surprised to see a wingman on my right wing, Well done! then he put a few holes in my right wing, and we started a little "mock" dogfight. I got to get my team speak working on Burning Skies again.... I am going through the new controller blues.... my plane is on the field, but I have to eat dinner, I hope to be back.

Edit: Campbell, I believe that may have been me... my wing was still there, but had many holes

No mate wasn’t you, I know who who it was. Didn’t matter I was just illustrating the 190 flying wingless.

Ahh, ok, I got on when you were still on, Now I see BS dosent even have TS any more, I have been out of the WW2 loop for a while...

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh! Thank you very much, I'll keep that in mind.

we managed to connect via the IP address this afternoon even though it wasn't showing in the multiplayer list.

worked like normal later this evening. Maybe as shahdoh says it got restarted.

Side issue can some roles be added for the Spit CW? It is essentially another aircraft and what with the limited pool of them to choose from it might help. Especially since that one doesn't suffer the gunsight bug. ;)

Quick server etiquette question: is it poor form to attack enemies on the opposing base, be they parked, taking off, landing, etc? I know it’s risky because the AAA seems to be pretty dangerous, but is it douchebaggy or who cares, have at it?

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

Quick server etiquette question: is it poor form to attack enemies on the opposing base, be they parked, taking off, landing, etc? I know it’s risky because the AAA seems to be pretty dangerous, but is it douchebaggy or who cares, have at it?

Depends on who you ask. Personally I think it’s douchebaggy therefore my squad and I reframe from doing it. However, that’s my opinion but there is no rule against it.

Depends on who you ask. Personally I think it’s douchebaggy therefore my squad and I reframe from doing it. However, that’s my opinion but there is no rule against it.

I’m in agreement with you. Just wanted to see if there was an “official” stance on it.

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

It's a war arena so in my book that means anything goes.

I will refrain from it in this server however as the field ack is Brutal!

The argument then becomes where do you draw the line?

Is a pair of ponies sat on a perch diving on a guy trying to climb out any more noble than a rocket vulch?? It isn't pistols at dawn and war is not fair. So I guess it depends on your own moral fibre and what you would enjoy having done to you.

For me the challenge is defeating the enemy with good ACM. Yes it can be very frustrating when bettered they shallow dive straight to their field ack but you just have to shrug your shoulders, let them go and accept that they are a pansy and you are awesome!

Sometimes people end up over opponents fields whether that be by choice or they just find no opposition in their path. Some people don't have much time on their hands and if they see 3 people sat on the ground twiddling, they think I'll stick a bomb down there.

Try not to take it personally just get a fresh plane and go get em! :thumbup: