Pardo Push anniversary

hansangb

Yesterday was the anniversary for the Pardo Push Maneuver.

During Vietnam, an F4 was losing too much fuel. And couldn't bail out because it was over hostile territories. So the flight lead started pushing the damaged F4 by using the tailhook as the push-rod!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardo%27s_Push

Simply amazing airmenship and bravery!

I didn't see it mentioned on this forum, so thought I'd bring it up.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Wow, even better! Thnx for that

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Got to spend a friend's wedding sitting at a table with him. EXTREMELY humble man. I didn't even know who he was until I started talking to his wife and she introduced Mr. Pardo and herself to us. Was a fantastic time being able to spend a night with him and his wife even though we didn't talk much about the maneuver itself but about his career in the USAF and life advice.

That man can be an inspiration to anyone. Shame he wasn't recognized for his heroics until decades later