Huey issues on a popular campaign server

Ramstein

Huey issues on a popular campaign server.

I could not change the loadout, remove extra weight, like the rockets (default). I flew to the FARP. Right next to it a couple feet. No change in fuel or loadout.

The first Huey mission, I left he loadout as it came in default, stuck with both rockets and guns and loaded troops and repair kit.

I watched the exhaust gas temps and was climbing out, only taking the routes which were the lowest ranges and easiest to fly over.

Engines finally failed before I could get to the target area. Crashed.

If someone else is successful with this in the current release with the Huey and can make changes and not blow up, let us know.

I was next to the FARP. only a few short feet and could load troops but could not change the default loadout of the fuel and weapons. I was told I did not have to be on top of the FARP.

So that is why I was just next to it. I think it's bugged.... and am not going to fly it again unless the mission builders fix it, or I can figure out what is messed up.

I was reading about the Huey FM in the DCS forums, and it appears there are some people who think it needs some fixing.

I was not happy with the loadout being fixed with roackets and guns on the doors and not being able to change them in the server, at the FARP.

I was in lots of Hueys in the USAF and went on some wild rides with roller coaster flights, with extreme G's pulls up and down and around and the engines didn't complain. I am suspicous of DCS Huey model, (Belsimtek). I feel many differences, but of course a computer and real life, way different.

In real life the Heuy did not shake near as much. The performance was much better. The sound was more turbine whine.

I only have the Huey, Mi-8 and Ka-50, so I cannot fly the other one in that server for the Farp missions.

IMHO

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

1. do you get the 'copy' from the ground crew and then no re-arm or are you being ignored completely?

2. Only on that server or on others, too? Both re-arm an engine failures?

3. Were you on interphone or something else?

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

1. do you get the 'copy' from the ground crew and then no re-arm or are you being ignored completely? no 'copy' for the rearm refuel, to change the load.

2. Only on that server or on others, too? Both re-arm an engine failures? i can rearm refuel on any other server, as long as the farp has the proper pieces... at least I used to be able to. I don't fly the Huey a lot but have been flying dcs since day 1.

3. Were you on interphone or something else?

just on regular radio f1, f2, t3, etc..etc.. with the F10 special assignments.. and communicated I could load troops, unload, pack, unpack, etc...

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I had similar issue with UH-1H Huey in MP server. I dropped in for a flight (only one on the server) and the engine burst into flames and the Heli crashed a few miles from the airport. I wasn`t pushing it hard either. When I do the same in SP I have no issues although it will overheat when climbing to higher altitudes in some mountain areas. It would be nice to see a tweak in this area for a little more tolerance in this part of the FM.

Edited by Emra

I have 0 issues with the huey in MP or single player. Just gotta read the manual guys.

As for the FARP thing if ur in BF make sure u repo to the pads and land on them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

"Just gotta read the manual guys." I read the manual. Your so-called answer is not an answer to the issue that is clearly an issue.

"I flew it pretty regularly during my time in the Army, which was over 37 years ago. I got about 7-800 hours in it. Since then, the company I have been with for the past 25 years, Erickson Air-Crane, operated a couple of Restricted UH-1H's several years ago and I got to fly them a little bit. . . I can also say that, in my 40+years as a helicopter pilot, I have never seen or even heard of a turbine engine catch fire as a result of a pilot exceeding a temperature limit in flight."

I have also been reading the forums extensively which leaves me no time to fly when the UH-1H engine catches fire and crashes the ship every time you blow on it the wrong way. Again. . .I read the manual.

"As for other points, as we said we need to consider every comment from everywhere, and also we are working on tuning this feature by ourselves as well. Fixes to this "EGT limits" feature are definitely coming."--Belsimtek

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196588&page=3

The above quote was from 12/05/2017 therefore I don`t know if the issue has been touched since I`ll have to spend many more hours scowering threads (and less time flying the module I payed for) to find out if it has.

Edited by Emra

Where you using the radio correctly. IE turning the radio selector switch and dialling in the correct freq for the FARP using the Pilot radio switch?

Did the FARP have a humvee or other appropriate vehicle parked next to it? This is necessary to get anything from groundcrew

Also the comms using F1 etc for CTLD options is separate completely from ground crew and ATC

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

a team member also who flies regularly, and has since day one with dcs also had the same problems by that farp with the Huey. There were no problems at the airfields

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I have the same egr problems in the Nevada doing free flight where you don’t have control over the load out. I think it’s a bit to sensitive now imo.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.