Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

I wonder what anti tank missile it is?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

We must take in count that the Saudi Abrams aren´t the most modern ones. So the ATGM protection is not at the same level as the most modern US Army Abrams.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

interesting... Poor old tanks, every one wants to kill them and they have built lots of kit to do it.

I think I am with you on this one frosty [3CB].

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I gotta wonder how much better the US M1A2 would be.

;2459352']... And that's why you won't see me climbing inside a tank

Military service is not very safe profession and not in all countries service is voluntary. But good for you to have choice in the matter, and have others that are ready to climb inside instead of you should the need arise.

• Like 1

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I gotta wonder how much better the US M1A2 would be.

I guess the US Tank would simply move instead of sitting around on a plane and wait to be hit?

Biggest advantage of modern MBTs is agility and comms.

It is pretty hard to hit a tank that moves with 30-40mph more so if his other two buddies in the platoon are just waiting for you to signal your position with a nice plume and smoke trail...

In war the best equipped and armed soldier will be at risk of being knifed when he sleeps on watch and has nobody watching his back. No matter if you have a kevlar west, helmet, best rifle in the world, if the guy can simply walk over and cut your throat you are done for!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

For info on how much better the M1A2 SEP is than the Saudi M1A1, read about the TUSK modification. It's really amazing.

A video went viral recently of a TUSK equipped tank taking a direct hit from an ATGM and shrugging it off.. then turning turret on opfor and retorting.. it was sweet.

sam-jackson-retort-468x350.jpg

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

360 video is really taking off (no pun intended) and i love it. Sorry if this has been linked before , i looked trough the tread and couldnt find it.

Tried to put it in a youtube box but it gave an error. Not sure if it's because its 360 video or if i just messed it up :/

${1}

;2459352']... And that's why you won't see me climbing inside a tank

Why not? Despite how impressive it looks, I would bet a paycheck that the crew survived, and the vehicle was only lightly damaged (as in, a decent BDAR crew could return it to service in a couple days)

The strike was clearly far to the rear of the turret, in the ammo bustle. It's *designed* to cook off like that. There are armored doors between the ammo and the crew compartment, and blow-off panels on the roof to vent the flame and overpressure, which are designed to work precisely as seen in the video.

It's telling that the video cuts away as soon as the flames died down: the crew probably popped out immediately thereafter... or just drove off! Kind of like the times when Iraqi terrorists would take video of some bloke tripping and falling getting out of a HMMWV, photoshop crosshairs on the video, dub in a gunshot sound, and then claim they killed the guy, when in reality five seconds more into the video shows him getting up and dusting himself off. (yes, I have seen examples of that with both the edited and unedited film; hilarious)

Oh... well, Chris seems to have beaten me to the reply. I *really* need to get to the end of a thread before I type a reply >.<

You would usually immobilize it first using anti tank mines, large (really large) IEDs to throw off the tracks. Brimstone, Hellfire and similar specialized missiles or DPICM from Artillery that hit from above. An incendiary (phosphorous) grenade/projectile to the engine compartment, then multiple ATGM or similar to actually destroy it.

The problem is to catch the tank in the open waiting for you to hit it and not having his platoon buddies around that would get mad at you...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

NICE video McBlemmen. Stylish in every way and what a view, the 360 really adds a LOT.

I was enjoying the view and looking around and then I decided to look all the way back and got a bit of shock because I didn't realise I was sitting in some guys lap. So it's not quite a pilots eye view - more like being a head on stick being held by the guy in a two seater not flying the plane but ... it is awesome.

Also ... now want an F5 and Swiss Mountains in DCS.

Edited by vicx

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

this video might already be around somewhere on the forum, but i couldnt find it, some realy funny storys from SR-71 pilots in there.

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett