Virtual Air Racing Series 2018 Season - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #31
harf4ng

Hey this is amazing. This is like the red bull air race, especially we do that in other planes as the ones used in the red bull air race are not available, and in other places as we do not have those places

I have been in tthe red bull air race in cannes, and this was amazing. I'm not a good enough pilot to compete, but I'll surely download the tracks to have fun, practice, and to crash a lot ^^

So thanks for all this ^^

I wonder, can we download example tracks to practice? Also, in Cannes I found it interesting to see there was a manoeuver you have to do, like an himmelman, at the end of a turn you had to climb, roll, then come down again and go through the start / finish pylons. Is there a track there where you have to do this? Or those are just pure slalom? I have seen in the san diego race that you have to climb and turn but seems this is not a return like in Cannes red bull air race.

Look at the start here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSLCeKfOwq8

Last edited by harf4ng; 05-12-2018 at 03:53 PM.
harf4ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:02 AM   #32
Shahdoh

The next VARS World Cup Race is at Ascot, and it has 3 vertical turns. On the http://virtualairrace.com/races/ascot/ website are demonstrations on how to fly each course.

Also, do not be afraid to compete, its all in fun and you can learn some tips from others. Hope to see you on the tracks!

/Salute
Shahdoh
Shahdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:26 AM   #33
Abburo

I have looked today at twitch records from Ascot and I payed more attention to the commentaries. They sound so professionally done to me, it can easily be published on any TV network. Excellent work.

Even it looks like a much easier track it proved to require even more DNFs than Abu Dhabi. So, no matter of track complexity we need to stay 100% focused, as the flying machines will not forgive us

Another great Saturday night ! Thank you!
HW Specs: i7-8700K@5GHz,ASUS Maximus X Hero, 16GB RAM 3000MHz, STRIX OC Nvidia GTX 1080, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Intel M.2 250 GB, VPC Mongoos + Leo Bodnar BU0836(A and X), MFG Crosswind, G13, T650, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift
Abburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #34
SnowTiger

I completely agree with Abburo. My only issue was with the Commentary Volume but I think that was addressed in Round 2 of yesterday's race.

My daughter watched on Twitch for a little while yesterday and also commented on the Professional Sounding Play-by-Play Commentary.
She was quite impressed with that and said if people didn't know any better they would think it was a Real Red Bull Race (not Sim).

Thanks again for all the hard work.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #35
Shahdoh

Yes, was another great event put on by Grinelli. Just would like to remind folks, that even though the tracks look like and are modeled in the same style, VARS is not sponsored by Red Bull, does not use the same rules and in no other way affiliated with Red Bull.

This is the VARS World Cup Series, a new phenomenon on its own.

/Salute
Shahdoh is offline   Reply With Quote