HUD Symbology

noisy_lightning

I have been looking in the NATOPS manual but have not been able to find anything.

The image I have attached shows a circled element which I have tried as best I can on my phone to recreate in green. Can someone tell me what it is indicating please as no matter how many videos I watch I cannot fathom it.

Thanksa1003b44d2b50ea8c643015d341ecfda.jpg

Iirc it's the bomb frag line, keep the fpm, or velocity vector it's called in the Hornet, above this for a successful drop out of the ordnance fragmentation area. And/or the bomb fusing arm marker to stay above.

How do I know this? From flying Jane's F18 and the VRS Rhino.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Yeah it's called the Pull-Up Cue (PUC).

You set it for your attack run on the UFC/ODU and it will slowly rise up to the VV to indicate when you should begin pulling up from your dive and depending on how you have it set, flash to indicate that you're behind on your pull-up maneuver.

Useful so that you don't frag yourself with shrapnel or ricochets.

• ED Team
I have been looking in the NATOPS manual but have not been able to find anything.

The image I have attached shows a circled element which I have tried as best I can on my phone to recreate in green. Can someone tell me what it is indicating please as no matter how many videos I watch I cannot fathom it.

Thanksa1003b44d2b50ea8c643015d341ecfda.jpg

2.4.12.1.7 Pull-Up Cue. (U) The Pull-Up cue indicates the difference between the computed TOF and the fuze arm

time for the JDAM weapon at the priority station. The Pull-Up cue, which normally appears below the velocity

vector, is displayed within 3 of the velocity vector and within a 9.5 radius of the HUD optical center. Full

deflection of the Pull-Up cue below the velocity vector signifies a JDAM TOF of 10 seconds or more than the

selected fuze arm time. When the Pull-Up cue rises to meet the velocity vector, the weapon TOF is calculated to be

equal to the selected fuze arm time, and when the cue is above the velocity vector, the “DUD” cue is displayed. This

cue is intended to provide the aircrew with a comprehensible head-up indication of the fuze arm time margin.

That was in the JDAM Tactical Manual & User Guide - FA-18C&D.pdf

Download the manuals here in RED's thread NATOPS Question Bank

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but do we currently have the means to adjust the altitude for the pull up cue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer