Sea Harrier FRS1

Schmidtfire

AV-8B Night Attack Harrier II/GR7/GR9 are quite advanced. How about complementing with the classic Sea Harrier FRS1 or a GR3? Would be a great addition to the cold war jets: F-5E, Mig21bis, F-14 and Viggen :)

Having just finished reading Sea Harrier Over the Falklands by Commander Sharkey Ward I have to agree. It would indeed be a great addition, although I would prefer the FRS2 :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Shame that it is not the same airframe though. FRS2 would be better though...twin AMRAAMs plus the sidewinders!

I'd buy it now if it would help...

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Having just finished reading Sea Harrier Over the Falklands by Commander Sharkey Ward I have to agree. It would indeed be a great addition, although I would prefer the FRS2 :)

That book is ... Wait for it.... Wait for it... legen-dary!

Cold war aurframes ar the best! No need to do a PhD!

That book is ... Wait for it.... Wait for it... legen-dary!

Cold war aurframes ar the best! No need to do a PhD!

Hmmm a far better book and far more objective "Hostile Skies" by David Morgan ...none of the emotive FIGJAM stuff you find in Wards book :)

Hmmm a far better book and far more objective "Hostile Skies" by David Morgan ...none of the emotive FIGJAM stuff you find in Wards book :)

I really enjoyed Jerry Pooks' book RAF Harrier Ground Attack Falklands; regarding the GR3's in the Falklands. He is quite bitter towards the Navy Command though and that aspect of it really is prominent throughout the book. That book would of been truly fantastic with less Navy Command bashing and more on his story telling - which when he does it is really good.

I did enjoy Sharkey's Falklands book as well, Sharkey isn't backward on coming forward though, especially in regards to his involvement with the Sea Harrier and his derision of the Hermes flight operations with the Sea Harrier (in particular with Naval Command) - something that Pooks' book mirrors

I need to pick up Morgan's book, I remember reading a story of his in an old aviation magazine here in Australia in the early 90's - Take Off (it's also where I read about Saburo Sakai).

Ill catch Morgans book.

Falklands war its pretty cool to try to reproduce in DCS. I madr in my squadron few missions with Mi21. Sarting from Socchi, and then dead reckoning navigation across the sea, with no RSBN or ARK. Three fuel tanks and couple of big rockets to attack some sheeps in the little strait between Caucasus and Crimea... I should have ot ober therr, the problem is the briefing is in spanish. Although you have maps, flight plans and everything.

• 3 months later...

Any chance you guys at Razbam are going to be adding this Harrier variant in the future after your done with the AV-8B NA/B+ and the GR 7/9 variants.Since VEAO Simulations dropped it from their roadmap awhile ago,maybe you guys could finally develop it to add to your awesome collection.:thumbup: