Some bad news, depending on which side you´re on..

Prowler111

Thanks for the info. That kind of communication is really appreciated! :thumbup:

And to be honest, those news aren't as bad as I thought when I saw the topic. I'm happy with any Harrier :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update guys, will be happy enough If you can release a beta Harrier this year, no matter wich variant.

The variant we are getting (AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack)

Did not have a radar it instead had Forward looking FLIR optic mounted in the nose.

the AV-8B Harrier II Plus (The variant made soon after the Night attack)

had the APG-65 radar (taken from F-18A aircraft when they where upgraded with the newer APG-73 radar)

That gave it the abillity to use Aim-120 BVR missiles etc and also gave it Air-Ground radar modes instead of the FLIR (it could use Targeting pods like the Litening to make up for the loss of the FLIR).

Is the AV-8B Night Attack capable of using LGB?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Just a correction, the AV-8B Plus still sports the FLIR over the nose, it was never intended as a targeting device, but more as a NV system(as it exposes the IR image over the HUD).

Read somewhere that Night Attack versions also used litening,in Bagram. will have to investigate on this

Prowler

They do indeed use Litening.

4437727236_22e907aa55_b.jpg

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

As long as we get one version of the Harrier, the restrictions and ultimate choice of the first variant won't detract from making this an excellent project.

If it is as good as the Mirage is becoming with all your hard work, it'll be a day one purchase for me.

Thanks RAZBAM!

bad news? what do you mean? I'm also waiting for the F-15E

I think he means this:

If Razbam is doing the Beagle, it may be post pone til these planes are done. If I had to pick between the two, it's Harrier all day. I'd kill for a Av-8B Plus, sorry F-15.

But as someone who's been waiting for an AH-1 since Wags mentioned in a podcast in early 2013... I understand.

Its exactly what I mean.

More harrier can mean (not dure if Im right) more time to wait the F-15E.

That wait will kill my X-52pro as Im not a harrier fan since I saw this :

[ame]

[/ame]

F-15E all day baby!! :)

@Prowler111 (or any of the devs, really)

Are there any plans or talk (that you can speak of, obviously) about including American/British Harrier-capable ships in the future as part of the Harrier modules or as a "down-the-road" DLC?

Example Ships:

UK Invincible-class

US Tarawa-class LHA

US Wasp-class LHD

Heck, it would be nice if you could drive some fuel/ammo trucks up to a pair of Harriers parked on a road to rearm/refuel :smilewink:

I'm planning on buying any/all Harriers regardless.

What about the Principe de Asturias?? or Rey Juan Carlos?? (Spain)

search?q=principe+de+asturias+portaaviones&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilhZ_ziP_KAhWJDZAKHeQ1CpoQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1#imgrc=Uj8vPjQFD5dHkM%3A

Edited by ESAc_matador

Doesn't matter, i will buy every jet starting from 3rd gen and higher.

(Except most training jets, one will do the job)

Aginor, i think i've accidentally reported you instead of posting. Stupid touchscreens. :(

Edited by XeNoise

I would love to, but all resources are concentrated in doing aircraft, BUT if there is someone skilled enough to create these ships, and plans to get something in return, i´m open to chat about it

Best regards

Prowler

I have the Invincible class Blueprints..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Guys, no need to feel bad about this. Any Harrier will do.

Actually its the same like you would say: "Hey guys, do you remember like we said that we will give you the Aston Martin V12? Well it will be only the V8. :("

Hell we are still getting Aston Martin (Harrier) anyway so who would complain right? :D

:mad::mad: just had to give up my db9 due to a engine failure...

Definitely not shocked from the news. Always believed we will not see any "advanced" aircraft till ED implements said systems 1st.

Would like to know the reasoning why you cannot make your own though?

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Nice =) i was hoping for an AV-8B. Looking forward to it.

+1

In any case, the AV-8B NA was the first in service of the planned variants, so it's probably a good choice that it's the first module given that it should be the least complex as well.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

:mad::mad: just had to give up my db9 due to a engine failure...

Definitely not shocked from the news. Always believed we will not see any "advanced" aircraft till ED implements said systems 1st.

Would like to know the reasoning why you cannot make your own though?

Re-inventing wheel, especially if it would take years, is something which should be rather avoided. Its much easier and faster to adopt already working technology and modify it to your needs. ED is hopefuly building a frame on which others will be able to build their own technology. Basicaly ED has to define standard which other will have to follow, the same like with dual seat.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

So, once again the British Harriers go into storage. :(

575303_370569786324710_193404834041207_1013848_1780988838_n1-450x270.jpg

A 578th Storage and Disposal Squadron employee cleans the canopy of a retired British Aerospace Harrier GR9, preparing the platform for storage at 309 AMARG. Fifty-eight air frames, sans engines, will be utilized as a source of spare parts for the U.S. Marine Corps AV-8B Harrier II fleet.

484200_370565419658480_1498232534_n.jpg?oh=33ad24c1bad2fa37d114a22ccd1f1e29&oe=576318B4

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

i don't care which version will be released. i will buy it for vtol

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So, once again the British Harriers go into storage. :(

A 578th Storage and Disposal Squadron employee cleans the canopy of a retired British Aerospace Harrier GR9, preparing the platform for storage at 309 AMARG. Fifty-eight air frames, sans engines, will be utilized as a source of spare parts for the U.S. Marine Corps AV-8B Harrier II fleet.

484200_370565419658480_1498232534_n.jpg?oh=33ad24c1bad2fa37d114a22ccd1f1e29&oe=576318B4

As a child of the RAF (my dad served for nearly 15 years including in the Falklands and Iraq amongst others) this is painful to see!

Loved their GR9 there was one stood at the gates of the base I grew up on used to love spending afternoons watching them doing bump and goes over the fields. So if a Harrier is in DCS in any format it will make me very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk