jtac target selection.

colubridae

I've set up a mission with an attack on a column of 5 trucks headed by a strela and tailed by a zsu-23.

My JTAC will select one of the air-defence to attack.

when completed and come in for a second mav attack, it will not automatically select the other air-defence unit, instead takes the next truck in line.

Can I get it to select the second air-defence unit?

Hope that makes sense.

please.

See the docs here:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

You can also change the name of a unit* (unit, not group) to include "hpriority" to make it high priority for the JTAC, or "priority" to set it to be medium priority. JTAC's will prioritize targets within view by first marking hpriority targets, then priority targets, and finally all others. This works seemlessly with the all/vehicle/troop functionality as well. In this way you can have them lase SAMS, then AAA, then armor, or any other order you decide is preferable.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

I am curious as well if I can make the JTAC autolase a specific group. Forgive me if I didnt understand your post - but how do we designate something as "hpriority"? I've got several other targets in the area but I do not want the JTAC to designate them as they are not the objective.

Thanks in advance!

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Enter the unit name as hpriority ( you could have dozens of them, they’ll be named hpriority#001, hpriority#002 etc) and the autolase will work through all of the hpriority targets before moving onto anything else.

I actually read about hpriority yesterday... But I did not know that you could have multiples and number them! I will try this today, thank you for the help!

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

I actually read about hpriority yesterday... But I did not know that you could have multiples and number them! I will try this today, thank you for the help!

Actually, if I'm right, you just can name your prioritized units as you want as long as they have in their name "hpriority" or "priority".

Quick question because I haven't tested it yet, does the JTAC change target if a higher priority target appeared ?

Example : A Reaper drone is lasing some BTR on the ground ("priority" in the name) and a Strela-9 ("hpriority" in the name) is activated and appears, will the drone change its lased target or will it wait for its current target to be destroyed ?

If no answer, I'll post the result as soon as I test this case

I'm french (nobody's perfect :smilewink:) so don't be too hard with my english :thumbup:

FC3 | A-10C | Mirage 2000C | F/A-18 | KA-50 | UH-1H | Mi-8 | Combined Arms

Quick question because I haven't tested it yet, does the JTAC change target if a higher priority target appeared ?

I actually haven't tried! So yes, please let us know!

USN OEF OIF Veteran