Restarting the Yak. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-26-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
Ron Attwood

Default Restarting the Yak.

Has anyone else had this problem? Restarting the Yak after shutting down the engine? That is to say, returning to C&D, then trying to start up again. I've not yet managed it. Have to get a new plane.
Ron Attwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
Wexler

If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing. "Chuck Yeager"

Didnt you managed a Good landing ? :-D
Wexler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
Ron Attwood

I obviously haven't explained it very well. I'll try again. I have landed, very nicely. Taxied to the ramp and turned off my engine whilst I waited for a friend to join the server. Friend arrives and I attempt to restart the engine. Which it will not do!
How's that?

EDIT: No fool like an old fool. First ensure that the pneumatic system knob is rotated fully aft.

Last edited by Ron Attwood; 02-26-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:57 PM   #4
Wexler

It was a joke, cant help you man. Mostly when this happens to me, i try to start from Ground power, then repair.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:02 PM   #5
Ron Attwood

See my edit.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
Wexler

Oh, I probably got it now :-) Try the ground power. Maybe weak battery (Accumulator)
Old 02-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #7
Andy1966

would it turn over? maybe air supply was depleted. flaps and gear need to be in neutral position, they leak air, I'm pretty sure I have restarted before, I will check when I get home.
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:05 PM   #8
Charly_Owl

The engine starter is pneumatic, which means it requires air pressure. Air pressure in the canister is expended by doing multiple engine starts and operating the flaps and landing gear. When you can't restart the aircraft, what's the air pressure indication you have?
Charly_Owl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:58 PM   #9
Svsmokey

No shortage of dead-horse floggers here , but it's good to see everyone trying to be so helpful . Note post #3 .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #10
raf_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post
The engine starter is pneumatic, which means it requires air pressure. Air pressure in the canister is expended by doing multiple engine starts and operating the flaps and landing gear. When you can't restart the aircraft, what's the air pressure indication you have?
It was my understanding that the air pressure wasn't effective right now (the air never goes down).

Or is it working ?
raf_ is offline   Reply With Quote