DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• ED Team

Seasons greetings all :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.5.41371/

DCS World

Corrected flight dynamics of AIM-120 missiles based on our latest CFD research. All changes increased the launch range by about 10-20%.

AIM-120C: reduced subsonic and transonic zero-lift drag, reduced lift-induced drag, increased lift.

AIM-120B: reduced lift-induced drag, increased lift.

AI F-16C. Corrected landing gear compression on the ground.

DCS F-16C Viper by ED

3D cockpit model. Eliminated some gaps and stitches in the forward part of the cockpit.

Increased length of afterburner effect, slightly decreased diameter.

Corrected afterburner textures. WIP.

Flashlight can be used without aircraft battery power.

3D model. Corrected wing flex animation with lights and pylons.

Ground refueling fixed when battery is off

AIM-9 Uncage Needed for Radar Slave - Fixed

Sidewinder Seeker Diamond won't move to target - Fixed

When the pylons are set to be removed in the Mission Editor, they missile rails still appear - Fixed

DCS A-10C Warthog by ED

3D Cockpit. Fixed glowing sticker "Zeroize".

3D Cockpit. Fixed reflections on the instrument’s glass.

3D Cockpit. Fixed texture bug "UNF -> UHF"

3D Cockpit. Restored missing 801 and 804 arguments.

3D Cockpit. Corrected tint of side glasses of windshield.

3D Cockpit. Fixed bad "Fire <APU> Handle" textures.

DCS F/A-18C Hornet by ED

Restored missing TWS L&S Data

Corrected the heading vector of target tracks.

DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

Fixed RAT clipping through intake

Fixed missing RAT textures

Fixed missing Pilot Oxygen hose

Fixed last sidewinder causing CTD

DCS Normandy 1944 by UGRA-Media

Trees: LOD switching improvement, palette added

Models: Notredame de Rouen - texture corrected, textures of bridges improved, LOD switching for water tower also improved

Airfields:

Season texture glitches removed from new airfields

Taxiways repositioned on Picauville, Needs Oar Point, Funtington, Chailey

Glidepath for Cretteville, Saint-Pierre cleared from obstacles

Wind cones added for Biniville, Longues-sur-Mer

Wind cone removed from Barville taxiway

Typo for “Cheux” name fixed

England Landscape is improved (partially)

Corrected some road objects and structures

Flooded pontoon bridge raised above river level

Erroneous Spring pack texture fixed in Autumn pack

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Thanks for the heads-up, great news these days.

Just curious, are there any plans to change something about the HUD scaling in the new A-10C cockpit, which seems a little odd? And if so, ist there a timeframe?

HUD scale will be adjusted, no time frame yet. thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What is this sudden research?

Corrected flight dynamics of AIM-120 missiles based on our latest CFD research. All changes increased the launch range by about 10-20%.

Was same research made for RED missiles R-77/R-27 ?

For now it looks like, you saw that SD-10 is quite powerful missile and decided to improve AIM-20

What is this sudden research?

Was same research made for RED missiles R-77/R-27 ?

For now it looks like, you saw that SD-10 is quite powerful missile and decided to improve AIM-20

It was announced quite some time ago that changes were coming for the AIM-120, long before the JF-17 was even announced.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I feel good about the improved range and flight dynamic update to the AIM-120 missile. The SD-10 seems to be the catalyst that hasten the improvements to Amraam. All the same, thanks to ED for this upgrade.

Wags has mentioned that the research was strictly for the aim120 and the Russian missiles were not considered. Perhaps those will be looked at a later time.

I do not own the JF-17. Anyone know if there was an adjustment to the SD-10 capability? If it is not in anyway tamed, I would reckon it's range and implementation is realistic as it is in the game.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Very interested to see the research for the AIM-120 that's been done.

It will be very nice to have a more capable weapon for the Hornet/Viper!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Man, another update today. Folks are working hard over there at ED for the holidays. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks to ED, for hot-fixing that so quick.

My Xmas wish-list includes: Combined Arms VR visual compatibility fix. This seems long overdue to me. Also at the same time, maybe some improved HOTAS integration for CA ground vehicles. So you don't still have to use the mouse itself (or that awkward mouse control mode thing) to aim while driving in isometric view.

I hope and wish that this module could be a lot of fun in VR, without too much extra work by ED (I think). Can you imagine the PVP VR Tank/SPAA/SAM battles online? It would be like a whole new game, that basically already exists (almost). The untapped potential - I'm excited to find out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

Thanks for the fast fixes. Merry Christmas to everyone at ED!!

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

thanks for the update!

but is almost impossible to download deltas, always freezes after download 100mb of deltas, at very low speeds (70 kb/s). After freeze, i have to cancel and start again, downloading in steps. After 3 hours, i downloaded 50% of deltas. Maybe is time to move deltas to torrent

thanks for the update!

but is almost impossible to download deltas, always freezes after download 100mb of deltas, at very low speeds (70 kb/s). After freeze, i have to cancel and start again, downloading in steps. After 3 hours, i downloaded 50% of deltas. Maybe is time to move deltas to torrent

No issue here.

Saw stable was updated. Did the broken JF17 rwr make it into that build?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Saw stable was updated. Did the broken JF17 rwr make it into that build?

This is the same build as the beta just made stable. So if it’s not in the read me then no.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Is the same as the OB build, so I guess not!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

So the stable has the broken JF17 RWR. :thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Don’t know about that, but the stable would never be ahead of the OB.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yeah the current OB has the jf17 rwr broken for online use in some cases.

stable update f-14: removed baked cookie residue?

JF-17 wont install on stable

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Well, I was wondering whether I'd get the stable update before year's end to check out the new A-10C cockpit, what a plesant xmas present today.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Well, I was wondering whether I'd get the stable update before year's end to check out the new A-10C cockpit, what a plesant xmas present today.

+1 :thumbup:

And what a Xmas present the whole update delivered! It's a time where I must write "thanks" on many occasions :)

btw the JF-17 is not available in stable yet. The stable changelog doesn't mention the introduction of the Thunder so far.

EDIT to the JF-17 question: at least I thought it was not available caus it wasn't introduced in the text of the changelog. This thread makes me think differently caus SkateZilla taged it reported:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=259010

Edited by Tom Kazansky