Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9 - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #71
M0ltar

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyspike View Post
2 lag deaths in 20 mins. Looks like the server still sucks as bad as ever.

Edit: That's 4 deaths in an hr due to lag. Can we setup a gofundme and get this crap server out of greece??
I live 20 minutes away from where the 104th server is hosted and would be happy to help over see a move. I think they charge 40 usd a month for co-hosting if we provide the box. Just an idea.

Edit: I guess I should say that I am a network engineer by trade, so servers are not something new.

Last edited by M0ltar; 10-11-2016 at 09:14 PM.
M0ltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #72
Caffeine_High

Well I've just offered money to help move the server. Maybe if everybody else did that too, we could be playing Blue Flag with zero disconnects

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #73
Beeroshima

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvE_Moltar View Post
I live 20 minutes away from where the 104th server is hosted and would be happy to help over see a move. I think they charge 40 usd a month for co-hosting if we provide the box. Just an idea.
Id offer money monthly to have a better server. Ill have to cancel my "starving kids in Africa" money every month but ive fattened enough of them up only to have Kony steal them anyway.

But seriously, ill chip in. Make it happen!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Beeroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:54 PM   #74
microvax

Thx DanielNLl, yeah your provider doesnt route via cogent, so you do not have the problem thats the final proof pretty much I guess.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Last edited by microvax; 10-11-2016 at 09:57 PM.
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:26 PM   #75
Oberfeldwebel Elmo

This is certainly turning into a more pay to play for the server. I like it. Prevents the hop oners and those that don't know any form of organization.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:50 PM   #76
BSS_Sniper

Just got kicked out 6 times in a row before I could even take off. Decided to just give up. I see that people are doing a trace and saying it has something to do with where things are being routed but if that's the case, why wasn't it this bad in all the previous rounds? It's never been this bad.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:21 PM   #77
microvax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSS_Sniper View Post
Just got kicked out 6 times in a row before I could even take off. Decided to just give up. I see that people are doing a trace and saying it has something to do with where things are being routed but if that's the case, why wasn't it this bad in all the previous rounds? It's never been this bad.
routes change. peers change. link capacity changes. That is why.

"The Internet" is not that everything connected to everything thing you are usually made to believe. Its definitely the cogent part, if your traffic is going through that network.

Tried to use the VPN service of my uni, but unfortunately they are oply providing VPN access to their internal net. D

And yeah I already gave up as well, there is no point to fight a flawed connection.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Last edited by microvax; 10-11-2016 at 11:25 PM.
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:39 AM   #78
DanielNL

what is cogent? And in which country is their network center?
experienced GCI, Mirage 2000C and AV-8B pilot - OP BlueFlag veteran since 2014
Dell Visor WMR, RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI), Ryzen 5 1600X (6C/12T)
Buddyspike BlueFlag discord, most cooperative DCS PvP server: blueflag.ml featuring: F-18 - Harrier - CTLD - EWR - GCI
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:29 AM   #79
Toxic

i gave up too. I just would like to see the server in a stable state. Nothing frustrates me more than doing a 100km flight in an Mi-8 just to d/c from the server....
Old 10-12-2016, 04:50 AM   #80
BSS_Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by microvax View Post
routes change. peers change. link capacity changes. That is why.

"The Internet" is not that everything connected to everything thing you are usually made to believe. Its definitely the cogent part, if your traffic is going through that network.

Tried to use the VPN service of my uni, but unfortunately they are oply providing VPN access to their internal net. D

And yeah I already gave up as well, there is no point to fight a flawed connection.
Thanks for the explanation. It's become unplayable for me. I've literally spent more time joining, getting disconnected before I can takeoff and trying to reconnect than actually getting up in the air. I think I got a total of two flights in while trying to connect ALL day since this morning until 10pm tonight. I hope they are willing to move the server to someplace more stable.

On top of it all, I'd be surprised if this round isn't over by tonight or sometime tomorrow. This setup has things so lopsided that Red has over run Blue in about 3 days. I'd hate to have it end and have to wait another month for this.