NTTR info and mission by the 476

our Air Group would love to use this for the basis of training,:worthy::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2:

That's the whole idea buddy :) Enjoy !

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Simply awesome! This is a great base to start training missions... I was already thinking about, how to set up more or less "realistic" ranges and exercises to make use of the new map and nice range objects, but this is far more and detailed in a way I could never accomplish. Thanks a million for this great template!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi,

:thumbup: Thanks a lot

One question

I noticed that some settings are not default and expanded the *.miz

There are some lua-files with settings for MFCD, ...

Is this for your testing/preference or intended ?

Created a new miz (= zip-file) without these files - except keeping the subfolder \l10n

Had no problems with a single-player version of the mission at a first view / testing

The MFCDs and other settings are configured in the mission to be more in keeping with the real world standard setup and/or recommended configuration.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Hi,

:thumbup: Thanks a lot

One question

I noticed that some settings are not default and expanded the *.miz

There are some lua-files with settings for MFCD, ...

Is this for your testing/preference or intended ?

Created a new miz (= zip-file) without these files - except keeping the subfolder \l10n

Had no problems with a single-player version of the mission at a first view / testing

Like Eddie said: it's a more preferred setup of the systems that we use in the 476.

I left it in the mission on purpose. Removing those sub folders from the mission like you did is perfectly possible and will not damage the mission.

• Like 1

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Like Eddie said: it's a more preferred setup of the systems that we use in the 476.

I left it in the mission on purpose. Removing those sub folders from the mission like you did is perfectly possible and will not damage the mission.

Hi,

Thanks for response

The MFCDs and other settings are configured in the mission to be more in keeping with the real world standard setup and/or recommended configuration.

Eddie,

IF you get a little time...( IF ) would you mind explaining what changes were made to the MFCDs and other settings to conform with real world standards and if you know, Why these settings are the standard.

Thanks in Advance

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Eddie,

IF you get a little time...( IF ) would you mind explaining what changes were made to the MFCDs and other settings to conform with real world standards and if you know, Why these settings are the standard.

Thanks in Advance

Sierra

The MFCD page layout was changed to the recommended layout profile. It has the most "important"/most used page inboard (toward the centre of the cockpit) and the lesser used pages outboard.

The order is Left MFCD from right to left -

MSG (moved from the right MFCD, so its on the same MFCD as when calling up MSG quick look).

DSMS (same as DCS default)

TGP (same as DCS default)

TAD (moved to the inboard)

Right MFCD right to left -

TGP (same as DCS default)

MAV (same as DCS default)

CDU (same as DCS default)

STAT (MCFD switched with MSG page)

So as you can see, not significant changes but just slightly tweaked based on real world test and eval recommendations.

As for which MFCD you'd typically call the TGP up on, normally the same side of the a/c as the TGP is mounted, apart from when in a circle orbit, in which case you call it up on the MFCD inboard the turn.

Other changes we have in our standard "DTC" are -

Anchor Point on HUD

IFFCC CCIP C/R set to 5Mil

AAS Profiles set to have expected mision air threats in rotary (we also use a mod to change the profiles that are available in conjunction)

TAD profiles amended slightly creating a "ROFF" profile which turns off range rings while leaving all other layers active for display declutter.

And we also configure custom radio presets for all three radios as appropriate for each mission (used in conjunction with Aries Radio/UniversRadio plugins).

Otherwise that's it, although we would tweak more if there was support in DCS for the full array of DTC configurable options. For example, CMS programs are configured via a Mod.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

THANK YOU VERY MUCH..¡¡¡¡¡

This is an exellent work and will give us a good frame of the actual operations over the range, and I will use it to make my flying more realistic.

Is for people like you that this community is so educational and goes far ahead of being just a "game" forum and becomes a place like no other one to learn and experience what is like the aerial warfare.

This is really a priceless place to learn were so much people share knowledge.

So happy to be part of.

Thanks again Stuka and 476 people

Edited by tomcatter

• 2 weeks later...

Mission Steerpoints in Alphabetical Order

The steerpoints in this template are more or less random and with nearly 500 in the list it is no longer possible to cycle through them with the steerpoint +/- switch.

As far as I know there is no way to find a steerpoint by entering the name into the CDU.

I have created an alphabetical list of the steerpoints for this mission template.

Each of the steerpoints and target ID's is listed against the steerpoint number in the A-10C CDU.

With this table it is easy to create routings or flight plans by entering the steerpoint number in the CDU.

Please PM me if you want the original Excel file.

Cheers

Matt

476th NTTR template Reporting Points .pdf

As far as I know there is no way to find a steerpoint by entering the name into the CDU.

?

Call up the CDU waypoint page, enter the waypoint name in the scratch pad and hit OSB 6 (MFCD CDU repeater assumed) to call it up in the CDU, and then enter the desired mission waypoint name, hit OSB 9 (?N) to create a copy of the database nav point as a mission waypoint.

Or

CDU Steerpoint page, enter waypoint name, hit OSB 6 to make it the current steer point.

Or,

On the CDU flight plan page, type in the waypoint name and then the the OSB/FSK next the desired waypoint number in the flight plan to drop it in there.

In short, you never need to know the waypoint number in the nav database.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Now how cool would it be...

This is fantastic. Thank you and great job. Now how could would it be for some kind of realtime LUA script that feeds location information of own ship to GoogleEarth. GE makes a somewhat superior nav tool then DCS map. Yes its a cheat, but an awesome one.

This looks very cool. Is there any other objects or add-ons required for this mission to work or is it simply a case of adding the miz file to the my missions folder?

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

It'll work without any other addons, but in order to see all the targets you'll need our range target add on as well.

Spoiler

It'll work without any other addons, but in order to see all the targets you'll need our range target add on as well.

What...Wait...What range target add on?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.