Will server hosts be able to "ban" JESTER in MP?

QuiGon

There's already going to be enough servers that ban the Aim-54 on a knee jerk reaction to keep the RussaBoos happy

I just wonder if they'd eventually wake up and enable the mini HUD option as soon as the JHMCS for the Hornet is in. That's probably the most banned feature ever since.

My 2¢: Options are always welcome. I'd most probably stay off servers with "human only" rule for obvious reasons though dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I’ve been going back and forth about this in my head for the last couple of days and I think part of the big reaction to this is the word “ban” in the title. I think maybe suggesting it as a “server option to disable Jester AI” would be a been better. Anyway I think ultimately it’s probably a good idea to allow servers to dictate Jester use. I’d hope that most servers would allow it but then it would allow servers to police it if people feel Jester is OP. Also it would be cool to know that if you see an F-14 it’s two people flying it.

Yeah, I realised that after the first few comments and changed the title immediately, but it only changes the title on the original post within the thread, but not the thread title that is displayed on the forum. :(

I choose the word "ban", because someone else used that word somewhere else on the forums when asking the same question and I thoughts it's kinda funny to "ban" an AI. I did realise to late that this might be seen as a pretty harsh wording against JESTER, which I didn't intend it to be, because I do like JESTER a lot generally. There are just some situations where I would like to have missions with humans only.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think it's an excellent idea. I really hope HB/ED can introduce this as a server option.

Events like SATAL would benefit having this option.

how would it benefit satal? all satal would have to do is state no ai rio and have someone look to see if someone is using the ai because there would be no second player in the role select screen

its not that hard to do that

and if it was a real concern they would just disable the f14 from participating then.

how do you think they restrict the aim120b and r77 weapons to a maximum of four?

...after 3 1/2 years of lurking your first post is to dismiss someone's idea that has no downsides? Sigh.

that's how you know its a bad idea ;)

locking out the the single pilots is not that helpful, and only for a niche like tournaments or small communities in which case the pilot would follow the rules of the community/tournament anyways

but in a side related note what heatblur should really do is allow the option for the pilot to choose if they want to confirm someone hopping into the Rio seat, rather then it being server side option.

Edited by hi41000

that's how you know its a bad idea ;)

locking out the the single pilots is not that helpful, and only for a niche like tournaments or small communities in which case the pilot would follow the rules of the community/tournament anyways

but in a side related note what heatblur should really do is allow the option for the pilot to choose if they want to confirm someone hopping into the Rio seat, rather then it being server side option.

I agree, It's a miracle that the current multi role aircraft have not had many instances (at least in my case) of people trolling.

It would likely have to be somewhat server side though as it would have to disable the slot if the pilot chooses. Something the server can already do.

You already have to confirm to allow somebody into the second seat on multicrew aircraft. You can’t just jump in to the back seat without the pilot accepting your application.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Perhaps, but that's a totally separate issue to the one the OP raised.

No shit Sherlock, I was replying to the two previous posts before mine about allowing pilots to lock the back seat to stop RIO trolling.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

So, you're wanting a rule that prevents ANY AI spot? You want pure Human VS Human?

I think I know where you're coming from.

I think just setup a rule in your server that if you take-off with with RIO AI you get kicked. With all the scripts and rules some other servers run, I'm sure it's do-able.

With all the scripts and rules some other servers run, I'm sure it's do-able.

:megalol:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

So, you're wanting a rule that prevents ANY AI spot? You want pure Human VS Human?

I think I know where you're coming from.

I think just setup a rule in your server that if you take-off with with RIO AI you get kicked. With all the scripts and rules some other servers run, I'm sure it's do-able.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking about. I have no clue how this should work with scripts.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thread title should be "disable Jester" instead of "ban", so for example "Will server hosts be able to disable JESTER in MP for all clients?". The word "Ban" sounds way too negative. After all most likely Jester will be better than "new" human RIOs. (Unless server admins can choose server-wide between "average", "good" and "excellent" Jester? :P)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Thread title should be "disable Jester" instead of "ban", so for example "Will server hosts be able to disable JESTER in MP for all clients?". The word "Ban" sounds way too negative. After all most likely Jester will be better than "new" human RIOs. (Unless server admins can choose server-wide between "average", "good" and "excellent" Jester? :P)

I know, but I can't change it anymore, as I said on the previous page:

Yeah, I realised that after the first few comments and changed the title immediately, but it only changes the title on the original post within the thread, but not the thread title that is displayed on the forum. sad.gif

I choose the word "ban", because someone else used that word somewhere else on the forums when asking the same question and I thoughts it's kinda funny to "ban" an AI. I did realise to late that this might be seen as a pretty harsh wording against JESTER, which I didn't intend it to be, because I do like JESTER a lot generally. There are just some situations where I would like to have missions with humans only.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well you can, by messaging a moderator and asking nicely to change it (it works). :P But good that you posted on previous page.

RIO ofc, so I can always blame pilot for airplane crash/aircraft damage :megalol::music_whistling: Just kidding, I just find the radar technology super interesting.

Lol - aircraft not even release yet and people already crying that Jester is 'unfair' and want to ban him :megalol:

If the two-man cockpit of the F-14 is 'better' than your single seat F-15 etc, there is a reason for that....a 2-man cockpit IS better lol.

Wanna fight "man on man'..fly against different jets. It has been said before that a RL person in the back will be much better than Jester anyway, so what is the problem - that is 'man on man'?

People running Jester will be at a disadvantage against a real 2-man crew, do you want to 'ban' RL RIO's too, because that seems unfair on the solo-with-Jester pilots...

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, DCS community is known for thinking ahead xD