-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

Plan changed for the viggen and other modules:

I was going to add the Viggen to Red once the Harrier comes out to avoid any potential unbalance. Then I though of letting it be the way it is and only reduce the number of Viggens on Blue and see how things go. I'm a big fan of assigning units to Red and Blue accordingly. That's the only reason behind that.

Notes:

The A-10C will be replaced by the Harrier while the A-10A will stay.

The shortage of strikers for Red forces me to keep the Su-25T but only in 1 or 2 missions.

Basically having the same modules on both sides is not an option. With only being able to visually IFF modules will be either Red or Blue.

Once the Harrier is out a new wellcoming mission will be available called Open Range.

Mi-8's and UH-1's will be able to deploy variable ground units in most missions (check out the briefing for that). However this feature will only be added once the Harrier arrives due to mission editing issues.

Have a safe flight!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Alpen..do you know when server will be up and running again??

Thx bud

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Hey Alpen..do you know when server will be up and running again??

Thx bud

It's up now. Can't see it was offline any time earlier...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hmmm...i ha by seen it wtf

Thx

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Lol sorry I was flying. I don't see the server at my end....

Doh! never mind it's still on stable

I was going to add the Viggen to Red once the Harrier comes out to avoid any potential unbalance. Then I though of letting it be the way it is and only reduce the number of Viggens on Blue and see how things go. I'm a big fan of assigning units to Red and Blue accordingly. That's the only reason behind that.

Notes:

The shortage of strikers for Red forces me to keep the Su-25T but only in 1 or 2 missions.

Basically having the same modules on both sides is not an option. With only being able to visually IFF modules will be either Red or Blue.

Once the Harrier is out a new wellcoming mission will be available called Open Range.

Mi-8's and UH-1's will be able to deploy variable ground units in most missions (check out the briefing for that). However this feature will only be added once the Harrier arrives due to mission editing issues.

Have a safe flight

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Thx AW looking forward to harrier on the ACG server ☺

I was going to add the Viggen to Red once the Harrier comes out to avoid any potential unbalance. Then I though of letting it be the way it is and only reduce the number of Viggens on Blue and see how things go. I'm a big fan of assigning units to Red and Blue accordingly. That's the only reason behind that. ...

Kudos for that approach. A least in the upcomming years, the number of "BLUE" aircrafts and disproportion between flyable modules on the both sides will be only growing.

The modules are what’s provided with the DCS platform as such. The community can't directly influence it thus I believe there are only two solutions for the situation.

Mission creators can fight the modules disproportion, trying to figure out a way for a different scenarios of moving the flyable aircrafts between sides in an even manner. This is and will always be a lost fight. The only effect is a huge struggle to build the mission and satisfy the community with a poor outcome of an unrealistic scenario that we’ll always feel more or less out of place when played. We'll all end up flying high fidelity modules, simulated to the best possible extend in totally unrealistic environment with the IIF hell being among the most commonly met problems.

The other option is accept the state of DCS modules, assign the planes based on their native countries and historical operational usage. The issue to manage in this case is player numbers on both sides but at least it shouldn't be impossible to address and is a much less severe problem than fighting the immersion.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Kudos for that approach. A least in the upcomming years, the number of "BLUE" aircrafts and disproportion between flyable modules on the both sides will be only growing.

The modules are what’s provided with the DCS platform as such. The community can't directly influence it thus I believe there are only two solutions for the situation.

Mission creators can fight the modules disproportion, trying to figure out a way for a different scenarios of moving the flyable aircrafts between sides in an even manner. This is and will always be a lost fight. The only effect is a huge struggle to build the mission and satisfy the community with a poor outcome of an unrealistic scenario that we’ll always feel more or less out of place when played. We'll all end up flying high fidelity modules, simulated to the best possible extend in totally unrealistic environment with the IIF hell being among the most commonly met problems.

The other option is accept the state of DCS modules, assign the planes based on their native countries and historical operational usage. The issue to manage in this case is player numbers on both sides but at least it shouldn't be impossible to address and is a much less severe problem than fighting the immersion.

I just can't help it when flying a western plane/helicopter on Red and vice versa. I mean you got a simulator here. The way I see it it's not supposed to just simulate the aircrafts but also create scenarios that simulate some historical or nigh historical battles/events/wars etc. I'm trying to simulate the Cold War here and/or maybe in addition to that the eras right before and after it. With more and more modules coming out planes like the A-10C and maybe one day the Su-25T will have no place there any more. So it's more about the whole thing and ambience you fly in rather than just the aircraft itself which would only simulate the aircraft itself without any reference to anything. And if the eastern block has nothing to offer than Sukhois and Migs then that's the way it is. Imagine countires in real life moaning about unbalanced armies when going to war asking for the same "modules" on both sides! I just had to grin while writing the latter...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately as suspected the new update's brought some bugs with it regarding some of the missions running on the server. However I'm not going to try and fix them because the next update is only waiting at the doorstep. I hope the next update (hopefully coming next week) will fix these issues automatically without me intervening.

Plan's still the same. Only waiting for the Harrier to arrive so I can release the new mission for it along with updates for some of the missions including the CTLD cargo loading feature (deploying ground units) for the Mi-8 and UH-1.

To me it seems like most players are waiting for DCS 2.5 and/or the Harrier/F-18/F-14 or any probable release of any module/feature. Which explains the kind of lack of players on most servers these days. Or maybe it's just me waiting for 2.5 to finally arrive. I'm kinda avoiding DCS these days a bit. Need some blasting change, I guess.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

guilty of the av8-illness....
Same lol...been all over this bird!

On another note people should not be holding their breath for 2.5. "In the coming weeks" comment from ED, could still be a year out. I truly hope this is not the case tho.....

Notes:

Have a safe flight

Have you ever thought in the possibility to add harriers into red using the yak-38 skins over there? Knowing how different are in base color could solve the visual ID problem

Umm.....vid is done by silhouette not color

Have you ever thought in the possibility to add harriers into red using the yak-38 skins over there? Knowing how different are in base color could solve the visual ID problem

You can hardly spot a plane in DCS let alone distinguish between colours or spot the Red Star on a plane!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi, don't know if this is the correct place to post it, but we've just had a player by the name of "helljumper" strafe and teamkill people continuously on spawning in with his A-10A until he disconnected. I have screenshots in case any evidence is needed, but it might be a good idea to ban him permantly if possible.

Hi, don't know if this is the correct place to post it, but we've just had a player by the name of "helljumper" strafe and teamkill people continuously on spawning in with his A-10A until he disconnected. I have screenshots in case any evidence is needed, but it might be a good idea to ban him permantly if possible.

Issues like this should be preferably sent via private message, please. Thanks for the input!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The Harrier was added to all missions on the server! The new mission - Open Range - is now the default mission. Few changes in some missions were initiated and the CTLD-Transport feature for the Mi-8 and UH-1 as well!

Have fun!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Sweet.. will have to get on there. Thanks for your work on this server, and ACG for hosting it up!