Anyone Try 388.59 yet?

Kayos

Yep. I'm still getting ghosting/lag, but the symptom for me seems to have at least been cut in half intensity. If the ghost image before would be produced every 0.5 seconds it looks blurry and laggy. Now it does it every 2-4 seconds which is more of a laggy feeling.

If you are satill on 385 and dont want Core 2.0. I would not recommend it. If you want the new rift interface you have too update.

To be clear, I'm not sure if its new rift or driver update that has made it slightly better.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Yep. I'm still getting ghosting/lag, but the symptom for me seems to have at least been cut in half intensity. If the ghost image before would be produced every 0.5 seconds it looks blurry and laggy. Now it does it every 2-4 seconds which is more of a laggy feeling.

If you are satill on 385 and dont want Core 2.0. I would not recommend it. If you want the new rift interface you have too update.

To be clear, I'm not sure if its new rift or driver update that has made it slightly better.

are you sure the ghosting issue is not from having ASW working ON. try disabling ASW and see if the ghosting issue still exist .

388.59 running fine for me.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Works fine here. So does the new oculus dash.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

are you sure the ghosting issue is not from having ASW working ON. try disabling ASW and see if the ghosting issue still exist .

Yeah its ASW. Been fiddeling with it but its borked on the newer drivers for me it seems.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I use the Oculus Tray Tool with a profile for DCS to set ASW to off, works a champ.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah had an old version of OTT so I updated. I can verify its off now at least, but Im still very disappointed with performance after 385. I've seen people with way worse rigs than me running at higher settings and dont mention this problem, ASW on or off. Dont know what the magic thing with 385 is, but cant go back now that Core 2.0 is out.

On my system 2.2 runs very well on 388.59 but is a nightmare on 1.5.8

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I've installed .59 and it works great with 1.5.8 for me. (my specs noted in my sig).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Ive got a i7 4790K, GTX 1070, 16GB Ram on a SSD. Before I could go High on textures and VisibRange, 4xAA and PD 1.4 with ASW On and no ghosting.

With the new drivers I cant even run 1.2 PD and most settings on medium, no shadows or AA. It runs ok in an empty Free flight but in MP I get around 30 fps but mostly less. And constant ghosting with ASW on and small jumps every few seconds and lag with it off.

The only thing that seemed to work was 385 drivers. No one else experiencing anything similar?

Edited by SpeedStick

i have finally upgraded to 388.59 from 385.41

and i am not seeing the performance hit i got with 388.13.

one thing to try is to use the new fast vsync for VR.

so go into NVidia control panel and change global vsync settings to fast.

and set the pre rendered frame count to one for the lowest latency.

i was using adaptive vsync before. fast seems better in VR. (what its designed for. lower latency)

see if that fixes the ghosting. i should really try out 388.13 and see if that was the fix.. but who cares :) its working now.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Ive tried .59 but I was getting horrible stutter on 2.2 NTTR in MP. Tried same in SP with improvement but still stutters so I returned to previous driver again and all is much better.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Finally some more people with the ghosting/stuttering when moving head in 388.

I also wanna go back to 385 but again, Core 2.0 probably wont work then...

Ill try your advice Quadg

Finally some more people with the ghosting/stuttering when moving head in 388.

I also wanna go back to 385 but again, Core 2.0 probably wont work then...

Ill try your advice Quadg

I had the stuttering/ghosting off and on all the way up to this last driver update (388.13 was awful for me and I rolled back to 385.xx, I never used 388.31, the one update after that improved it for me but didn't fix it totally)...then I updated to 388.59 and turned MSAA off (because I run Deferred Shading "On" -- running both is currently a disaster)...and all has been well since.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

So I tried both of your suggestions. Playing with deferred shading too. More visual bugs with it on, but it seems a bit smoother actually. But, suttering and ghosting still there in MP. WOrks flawlessly 70% of the time in empty mission. Still dont know how to get rid of it. Thanks for all the ideas so far though.

I've drastically reduced ghosting by making sure I "Alt-Tab" into the game so it's running full screen vice just running in the window. I still have a few micro stutters/ghosting "glitches", but overall much better when I make sure and go Full-Screen... Placebo? have settled on running 388.59 lately..

Hey, yeah I've tried those things too. Thanks though. Im not 100% sure, but im almost certain that the problem goes away if you take your headset off and let it go in to sleepmode or whatever and put it back on. It seems to work fine for a a few seconds/ a while.

Not sure though. As stated before, only 385 has worked for me so far.