DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread - Page 24 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #231
R1Lawsy

Reputation power: 6
R1Lawsy is on a distinguished road

I wasn't trying to contradict you - i am happy for you

Just been trying to get this to work well with the gazelle and spent a lot of time playing with settings yesterday to try to increase performance.
At the moment tho, frames drop so low its making me feel sick and i am used to the rift by now.
R1Lawsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:45 PM   #232
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 20
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionid View Post
dburne if you changed visibility from HIGH to MED that is a massive performance boost.
Ok that must have accounted for much of it then. I turned back to High just to test and it still seemed to be better for me than previously, but who knows...

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #233
funkyfranky

Reputation power: 16
funkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of light

I have two recorded tracks - low level free flight over Vegas and Caen. No improvement in VR running them before and after the update. Normandy stayed the same (used to be much better prior to U1) and NTTR even got a little worse with this update compared to 2.1.1U1.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #234
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 20
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lawsy View Post
I wasn't trying to contradict you - i am happy for you

Just been trying to get this to work well with the gazelle and spent a lot of time playing with settings yesterday to try to increase performance.
At the moment tho, frames drop so low its making me feel sick and i am used to the rift by now.
No worries, I did not take it that way. Apparently reducing visibility to medium made a good difference for me, I had forgotten I had changed that earlier. But still pretty sure my performance still improved some at least.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:29 PM   #235
archer86

Reputation power: 4
archer86 is on a distinguished road

Everything is same here, no fps gain or lost. as previous version, 2x msaa is acceptable for now.
also as mentioned here before: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191820 ,shinny aircraft cocpit and external model problem is still there. shadows does not have an effect on aircraft.
anyway, nothing has changed for me
archer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:22 AM   #236
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 93
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Guys, try and keep the discussion on the patch notes, if you have bugs, or issues either new or existing, create a new thread in the bugs section, or add details to an existing one. Thanks!

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:41 AM   #237
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 24
Coxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to all

This one: Two more textures added to IC. What ones?

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:12 PM   #238
ThorBrasil

Reputation power: 5
ThorBrasil will become famous soon enoughThorBrasil will become famous soon enoughThorBrasil will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Guys, try and keep the discussion on the patch notes, if you have bugs, or issues either new or existing, create a new thread in the bugs section, or add details to an existing one. Thanks!

=|HD|: HDD Seagate Híbrido SSHD ST2000DX001 2TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III, |SSD|: SSD Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III, |GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti, |CPU|: Intel i7-2600k @4.5Ghz, |RAM|: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600mhz, |Monitor|: LG 34 LED UltraWide Freesync 21:9 34UM68, |Motherboard|: Asus P8Z68-V Pro, |WaterCooler|: CoolerMaster Seidon 240M.
=|Joystick 1|: Saitek X52 Pro, |Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals, |Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.
ThorBrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #239
Knock-Knock

Reputation power: 6
Knock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really niceKnock-Knock is just really nice

Latest 1.57 update is live.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...02#post3227902

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |
Knock-Knock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #240
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 44
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

It seems the new 3D model for the Mirage is included.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote