How is f-14 maneuverability? - Page 46 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-12-2017, 03:34 AM   #451
turkeydriver

Reputation power: 5
turkeydriver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFuel85 View Post
If you don't know that the USAF has it's own version of "top gun"..then how exactly do you presume to declare that the F-15's losses to F-14's were "few and far between"?
I have to wave a red flag at this......where are your facts?............
turkeydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:27 AM   #452
Sideswipe

Reputation power: 2
Sideswipe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by addde View Post
pretty sure it was vampire
I was trying to be over the top so that people would realize what I was trying to do. Glad it wasn't lost on everyone, haha.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:10 PM   #453
RaceFuel85

Reputation power: 3
RaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the roughRaceFuel85 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydriver View Post
I have to wave a red flag at this......where are your facts?............
I see what you did there.

I just can't stand the "the lack of proof is proof itself" argument when it comes to Tomcat vs Eagle.
RaceFuel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:07 AM   #454
jcdata

Reputation power: 0
jcdata is on a distinguished road

You realize that some of the f14 gun kills were happened when the pilot induced a departure because he knew how where the nose was going to be in relation to the bandit. And then, getting control back. Aerobatics or just knowing how the plane behaved. You need to understand that this plane could cartwheel, snap roll, induce some yaw...etc. afcs is more forgiving than dfcs.

Roll sas is turned off in bfm.

There is pro-verse and ad verse yaw depending on alpha...think about for a moment.

All of this is happened during LOW Speed flight!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
jcdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #455
OB1

Reputation power: 11
OB1 is just really niceOB1 is just really niceOB1 is just really niceOB1 is just really niceOB1 is just really niceOB1 is just really niceOB1 is just really niceOB1 is just really niceOB1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdata View Post
You realize that some of the f14 gun kills were happened when the pilot induced a departure because he knew how where the nose was going to be in relation to the bandit. And then, getting control back. Aerobatics or just knowing how the plane behaved. You need to understand that this plane could cartwheel, snap roll, induce some yaw...etc. afcs is more forgiving than dfcs.

Roll sas is turned off in bfm.

There is pro-verse and ad verse yaw depending on alpha...think about for a moment.

All of this is happened during LOW Speed flight!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Only Tom Cruise knows how to do that
OB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:35 PM   #456
captain_dalan

Reputation power: 4
captain_dalan has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain_dalan has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain_dalan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWind View Post
F-15 fight with F-14A.
Attachment 162597
-Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_dalan View Post

Makes sense. Except for that defensive break. I mean, the 14 does have more lift for every degree of alpha at the same mach, up to about the stalling edge. If so, and they are behind you, breaking hard might not be such a good idea? I mean, they can out point you and get where you wanna be before you, then unload and get some energy back, while your exhaust goes right to your face.... Unless he is more at the 3-9 line, but does that classify as a defensive setup?
I can't believe the day came when i quoted myself. It would appear i suffer from reading disorder and you guys just let me go along

That part i was referring to, was actually from an F-15 offensive point, at as such it makes PERFECT sense. I needlessly spent several hours doing simulations to only confirm what was already stated........ don't ask what made necro this though, i'm already overwhelmed with shame
captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:30 PM   #457
Hummingbird

Reputation power: 12
Hummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really nice

Quote:
I can't believe the day came when i quoted myself. It would appear i suffer from reading disorder and you guys just let me go along

That part i was referring to, was actually from an F-15 offensive point, at as such it makes PERFECT sense. I needlessly spent several hours doing simulations to only confirm what was already stated........ don't ask what made necro this though, i'm already overwhelmed with shame
Well that does it, that's the last time I trust what you say!

Nah I guess we all misread it, so shame falls upon all of us. However that said the defensive part is then quite risky as basically it just seems to allow the F-14 lots of shot opportunities before its energy depletes. Seems like the proper advice for a neutral setup though.

Last edited by Hummingbird; 08-10-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:57 PM   #458
captain_dalan

Reputation power: 4
captain_dalan has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain_dalan has a spectacular aura aboutcaptain_dalan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
Well that does it, that's the last time I trust what you say!

Nah I guess we all misread it, so shame falls upon all of us. However that said the defensive part is then quite risky as basically it just seems to allow the F-14 lots of shot opportunities before its energy depletes. Seems like the proper advice for a neutral setup though.
Neutral and offensive yeah, especially offensive. You get the A enough bellow 250-300 and it's gonna struggle to recover.
captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:52 AM   #459
craig_sez

Reputation power: 5
craig_sez will become famous soon enoughcraig_sez will become famous soon enough

Remember guys its a game,all ya gotta do is reset and practice against the mistakes you just made making YOU a better pilot..
craig_sez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #460
Hummingbird

Reputation power: 12
Hummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really niceHummingbird is just really nice

Quote:
Neutral and offensive yeah, especially offensive. You get the A enough bellow 250-300 and it's gonna struggle to recover.
Indeed, but if they're both at M 0.8 and the F-14A starts on the F-15's tail, well then that's gonna mean a heck of a lot of shot opportunities for the cat until the F-15's extra thrust allows it to pull ahead and initiate a long lag pursuit.

In contrast the F-14A can get out of danger faster with a hard break, even if it just means the F-15 immediately goes vertical to come in for another pass. But atleast the cat can throw the eagle off target right away, where'as the eagle is in much more danger initially if the positions are reversed.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote