DCS World 1.5/2.0/NTTR Map FAQ & Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if they still have problems with the ATC which was visible in the first Wags stream then I'm quite sure that nobody here would like to play in such state even in open beta. The errors and CTDs that were present were realy bad.

Errors and CTDs, if numerous, would definitely be a no-go. Not too sure about 'nobody would like to play' with ATC problems, though. As a dedicated WWII bird player I never pay any attention to ATC. :smilewink:

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, (I did do a search but nothing came up about the 1.5 update) will the MP client ship synchronization issue be fixed in the 1.5 update?

As it stands right now, MP carrier ops are problematic with people seeing the ships in different locations.

Cheers!

Tazman

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, (I did do a search but nothing came up about the 1.5 update) will the MP client ship synchronization issue be fixed in the 1.5 update?

As it stands right now, MP carrier ops are problematic with people seeing the ships in different locations.

Cheers!

Tazman

Sith has stated that the Changelog should be available soon, we should get an answer to this question by then I suppose. But to be honest, I dont think so. I believe that such a fix would rather take place with the release of the Street of Hormuz map, as it would Support Carrier Ops much more then any other update...but thats just my Point of view... I might be totally wrong.

Edited by MemphisBelle
spelling correction

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I think when ED release the changelog, people could understand the magnitude of the 1.5 and maybe things will calm a little over here.

A good movement would be to share with us the changelog. The discussions about every bug fixed, new features and news could last enough until 1.5 is released.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Well, when they have the RC ready then they'll share the changelog.

Has that been the SOP?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I really don't care if the open beta crashes every 5 minutes or whatever.. I already have a "stable" (haha :P) version of the game to play if something goes wrong..

But its up to them if they want to release it or not. i'm already prepared for another 12 months of waiting ;)

Q: Is shared cockpit estimated for initial 2.0 (not 1.5) release or will it come sometime later.

I am confused. What is open beta compared to beta release? Why? I also do not understand a release of beta or open beta 1.5 vs 2.0??? Why release a pre-beta of a beta or alpha(?) that will not support the newer 3rd party aircraft addons or intended content. Why not wait (and what's the difference since we have waited years so far) until 2.0 with the new maps and aircraft are intergraded into a finished product....with few bugs. I would like to think that with 30 or so testers that they could uncover most of the big bugs. These testers would or already are doing this. Need more testers...just ask the community and I am sure ED can find more qualified persons.

I for one do not look forward to a unfinished or beta (pre, open...etc) version with half the product missing. I read last night about all the missed promised release dates from other large games and find they all have the same outcome.....disappointed supporters/customers. So why even post expected release dates ? Even estimated dates are foolish....

ED has a 5% or so of the software developers then say, Star citizen, and they have experience uncountable delays plus they have 80million thrown at their project, plus their entire staff is focused on just this one game. ED is working on other projects at the same time.

According to some here, there is a fairly stable playable version of DCS with most of the modules. I can use this and wait for the release of 2.0 instead of a incomplete version such as 1.5.

As mentioned, if they need more help in testing all they have to do is ask.

My take is have more qualified testers instead of a mass of duplicate redundant error submissions by well intentioned folks that just slow down real bug squashing. I think that is what you end up with by relying on a beta or pre-beta (alpha) release submitted to a forum of untrained, unqualified but well intentioned audience. IMHO.

Lazduc

I am confused. What is open beta compared to beta release? Why? I also do not understand a release of beta or open beta 1.5 vs 2.0??? Why release a pre-beta of a beta or alpha(?) that will not support the newer 3rd party aircraft addons or intended content. Why not wait (and what's the difference since we have waited years so far) until 2.0 with the new maps and aircraft are intergraded into a finished product....with few bugs. I would like to think that with 30 or so testers that they could uncover most of the big bugs. These testers would or already are doing this. Need more testers...just ask the community and I am sure ED can find more qualified persons.

I for one do not look forward to a unfinished or beta (pre, open...etc) version with half the product missing. I read last night about all the missed promised release dates from other large games and find they all have the same outcome.....disappointed supporters/customers. So why even post expected release dates ? Even estimated dates are foolish....

ED has a 5% or so of the software developers then say, Star citizen, and they have experience uncountable delays plus they have 80million thrown at their project, plus their entire staff is focused on just this one game. ED is working on other projects at the same time.

According to some here, there is a fairly stable playable version of DCS with most of the modules. I can use this and wait for the release of 2.0 instead of a incomplete version such as 1.5.

My take is have more qualified testers instead of a mass of duplicate redundant error submissions by well intentioned folks that just slow down real bug squashing. I think that is what you end up with by relying on a beta or pre-beta (alpha) release submitted to a forum of untrained, unqualified but well intentioned audience. IMHO.

Lazduc

Firstly, Please try not to compare ED to SC, both Dev Team Size and Financial Backing, its not the point, and we are not here to Compare ED or DCS to others.

Secondly, the open beta branch is separate from the release branch, you are not required to participate, and the Open Beta branch is pretty much an expansi9m a limited group of testers to a larger more diverse user base and hardware sets.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks, the calendar on my computer is broken....

Come on guys, Matt has already commented on this, just see how things go. And quit messing up my thread.

where is the Matt's comment please?

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

I for one do not look forward to a unfinished or beta (pre, open...etc) version with half the product missing.

But those prealpha releases are quite important for a developing Team as they provide important information like software issues and Hardware / driverissues which weren't tracked down while internal/external testing...as Skate said...noonne is forced to participate.

They dont just ask...they are monitoring the bugreport forums quite well and if someone provides himself as a serious bugreporter who always provides well written and well evaluated bugreports so that Person might have an invitation from Wags in his pm one day.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

hi guys/girls

after seeing the news on Facebook about the change log. I have a question.

they mentioned the cockpit shadows setting will be removed. does anyone know if they will be permanently on!

if so will this cause problems with oculus rift. as it's a major fps killer when using the rift.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Hi guys,

Well since Mr. Changelog says 1.5 will be released in a few hours is there ANY recent word on whether the steam open beta branch is getting updated too?

I prefer steam for a lot of reasons (ED can't take that from me) and I'd rather stick to a single DCS install.

Thanks.

Lazduc

Don't take this the wrong way, but you sound like you just got here. I mean in the grand scheme of things. A lot of us have been around since Lock On and don't mind, in fact we prefer, getting what we get in 1.5. There's nothing saying you have to download it. In fact, you can still use the one you're using now and download the beta separately. I'm going to venture a guess and say that you not wanting 1.5 and wanting to wait til 2.0 are in a minority.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals