DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

just updated my dcs to 1.5.8.12823.414 and I'm gettting a lot of random, really long pauses, and I just got kicked from 2 separate servers back to the main screen for no apparent reason...

can someone help me or point me to the appropriate thread to ask about this?

just happened again for a third time, no reason or anything just a kick back to the main menu

Anyone know how to disable the cockpit mfd ?

I don't know if its change but I have been editing the ViewportHandling.lua

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit

Read up I need to change this line but nothing working.

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL,

Thanks for any help.

just updated my dcs to 1.5.8.12823.414 and I'm gettting a lot of random, really long pauses, and I just got kicked from 2 separate servers back to the main screen for no apparent reason...

can someone help me or point me to the appropriate thread to ask about this?

See if you pass the integrity check. It seems like it has been updated recently and is harder to pass now. I've been kicked off several times like you until I went out and deleted some mods to make sure I pass it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can’t “burn” the LASER(s), the pod could overheat (most likely on the ground or at high speed and/or low altitude), but such things aren’t modelled. Even if overheat conditions were modelled, the pod provides warnings of the issue and it can be resolved by slowing down or climbing. There are no LASER firing time limits.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

For the first time ever, a guy on the 104th TS swore that he had burned his TGP laser, and it was saying T on the TGP.

I've never heard of this, is it possible ?

A "T" is often displayed on the lower right hand side. I wonder what it represents though. I've searched the manual but can't find anything there.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am working on a project for my aircraft's aerodynamics subject and I've chosen the a-10. Can anyone provide me with documentation with the geometry of the aircraft, schematics and charts ?
Check out what's in the 1A-10A-1 (not the 1A-10C-1, we shouldn't have access to that). The aerodynamic differences between the two models are minimal, if any.
  • Like 1

hey,

when sending attack-coordiantes to my wingman (coop/multiplayer, not ai) with the tasking function (tad "send"), the point transmitted has always been some hundreds meters short of the designated spot.

did we do anything wrong, is it a bug, or a limitation of the tasking functionality (if so, why?)?

the "broadcast SPI" seems to be more precise, but i find the "send task" more useful, since it does not require the lead to stay on target until wingman accquires the spi...

It doesn't transmit elevation (bug that's been there since the beginning). A workaround is to hook the target in the TAD and copy it to a mission waypoint.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It doesn't transmit elevation (bug that's been there since the beginning). A workaround is to hook the target in the TAD and copy it to a mission waypoint.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the answer.

So for the workaround, the leader would do as usual, but the copying to waypoint would be done by the receiving unit, yes?

If so, wouldn't a markpoint be sufficient? Should be doable with only one click, if i'm not mistaken?!

Oh, ok. Thanks for the answer.

So for the workaround, the leader would do as usual, but the copying to waypoint would be done by the receiving unit, yes?

If so, wouldn't a markpoint be sufficient? Should be doable with only one click, if i'm not mistaken?!

Both a markpoint and waypoint would be one click, so depending on your desired result either would work. A waypoint has the advantage of being more editable and not being overwritten by the system.

It's basically the same actions you'd take for transferring a shared SPI to the system (if following real world procedures of course).

Spoiler

Hi guys, not sure where to post this.

Years ago, I bought DCS A-10C standalone version for Steam.

Last week, I got DCS World installed, and then bought the F5 module, NTTR map, and a couple of campaigns during Steam Xmas sales.

Could I uninstall my standalone version of A-10C to save HDD space?

I don't want to mess up with missing modules on DCS World.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hi guys, not sure where to post this.

Years ago, I bought DCS A-10C standalone version for Steam.

Last week, I got DCS World installed, and then bought the F5 module, NTTR map, and a couple of campaigns during Steam Xmas sales.

Could I uninstall my standalone version of A-10C to save HDD space?

I don't want to mess up with missing modules on DCS World.

First of all this is not the correct thread to be asking, but...

Are you talking about the DCS: A-10C its self ? Woah, that was long time ago...

Yes, you can un-install it.

Download DCS: World and activate your modules in it.

You should be able to get your steam key for the A-10 as well and use it to activate it within DCS: World, if you got any trouble, ask in the DCS World Section or contact support

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

First of all this is not the correct thread to be asking, but...

Are you talking about the DCS: A-10C its self ? Woah, that was long time ago...

Yes, you can un-install it.

Download DCS: World and activate your modules in it.

You should be able to get your steam key for the A-10 as well and use it to activate it within DCS: World, if you got any trouble, ask in the DCS World Section or contact support

Thank you, yes, all modules are already active.

Long time ago... Steam says I bought it by summer 2011 :smilewink:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

In case you have any more questions, please feel free to post in this section. I think it should be the correct one.

Appreciated :thumbup: