Normandy Map Discussion - Page 254 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #2531
Vlerkies

Reputation power: 11
Vlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the rough

Any new terrain or theater is always most welcome in my book.

The more the merrier.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #2532
philstyle

Reputation power: 2
philstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
Any new terrain or theater is always most welcome in my book.
The more the merrier.

True.
If they all have the GFX and lighting quality of the normandy map!

Even a map of mostly ocean would be great.. pacific anyone!
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:46 PM   #2533
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 89
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

You would have to try and find someone from RRG and ask why they picked it. ED picked it up as it was part of the Kickstarter, and they have tried to honor that the best the could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNZ View Post
Genuine question - Was Normandy specifically picked for the WWII guys to fly around in for any reason in particluar?
Thinking of all the different possibilities for theatres during WWII, it seems Normandy was the flattest, most featureless one available? Even Northern Africa would have more scenery features than Normandy?

No harm intended, I personally have no interest in flying around over dead flat fields as far as the eye can see, even thou I am a huge Spitfire fan and intend on grabbing it possibly.
I guess the WWII guys will pipe up and put me in my place...but I watch the vids and think 'really?'. Some guys must REALLy want to re-live the D-Day invasion, over any other conflict of WWII.

I suppose the same could be said for the fact I am hanging out for the F-14 and associated theatre....which will be a carrier out in the middle of the ocean. But that is kinda where F-14's fly from...WWII happened a lot of places!
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #2534
322Sqn_Dusty

Reputation power: 0
322Sqn_Dusty is on a distinguished road

Can't wait to soar the Spit along the DCS Cliffs of Dover. For now the green hills of Dover will do. It's recognisable though, just like the pier.
322Sqn_Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:03 AM   #2535
VampireNZ

Reputation power: 4
VampireNZ will become famous soon enoughVampireNZ will become famous soon enoughVampireNZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstyle View Post

as for topography, Normandy might not be the Kaikoura Ranges, ...
Sigh..
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K 4.20Ghz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 | Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | NZXT H440W Full Tower Case | Windows 10 64-Bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Owned Modules - A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | F-15C | NTTR
Shopping List - M-2000C | F-86 | L-39C | Spitfire | F-14A/B
(Purchases pending VR perf issues resolution...except the Tomcat!)

Last edited by VampireNZ; 05-13-2017 at 03:40 PM.
VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:31 AM   #2536
Paradox

Reputation power: 7
Paradox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the rough

I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick there
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:12 AM   #2537
philstyle

Reputation power: 2
philstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick there
Yes.. he certainly seemes to have got my comment backwards
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:38 PM   #2538
pappavis

Reputation power: 16
pappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the roughpappavis is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to pappavis Send a message via Yahoo to pappavis

Does the map have Le Blockhaus d'Eperlecques V2 Rockets ?
https://goo.gl/maps/9VWaLbuGUSE2

Adress --> 10 Rue du Fort Vesques, 62910 Éperlecques, Frankrijk
Coordinates = 50.826910, 2.182235

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

<a href=http://159thgar.com/forums/index.php target=_blank><a href=http://www.the159th.com/sigs/159th_pappavis.jpg target=_blank>http://www.the159th.com/sigs/159th_pappavis.jpg</a></a>

SPECS: AMD 8xcores 3,6Ghz 16gigs RAM, Geforce GTX980 4Gb, Matrox Dualhead2Go, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, HTC Vive, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G35 Headset, 2x 256Gb SSD, 1x 2Tb storage
pappavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #2539
Vlerkies

Vlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the roughVlerkies is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappavis View Post
Does the map have Le Blockhaus d'Eperlecques V2 Rockets ?
https://goo.gl/maps/9VWaLbuGUSE2

Adress --> 10 Rue du Fort Vesques, 62910 Éperlecques, Frankrijk
Coordinates = 50.826910, 2.182235
Bonjour

The maps most 'populated' northern parts seem to be Le Havre and a bit east to Rouen.
Most of the detail is south of that in France.

Last edited by Vlerkies; 05-19-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Vlerkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:04 PM   #2540
molevitch

molevitch will become famous soon enoughmolevitch will become famous soon enough

Very much looking forward to flying choppers on this map!

Scan 3XS Performance 7 GTX PC, Overclocked Intel Core i7 6700K, 16GB Corsair DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 1070, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10.
Oculus Rift CV1, custom joysticks cyclic and collective.
molevitch is offline   Reply With Quote